The Season of Chicken

wish I had any skills in photo editing : (

If I did it would’ve probably been something that isn’t my pfp as that’s just not gonna do it, with the caption
“If you can use some exotic booze
theres a bar in far Bombay”

1 Like

I’m not late.

11 Likes

Very well done! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

20characters

2 Likes

About time I post something in this thread.

ta daaa

I don’t really know who I am, but I’m pretty sure I’m not straight.

15 Likes

[Insert Spongebob meme: “Wanna see me do it again??”]

I’m gonna take over this thread in November. Sorry about your notifications Hichkas.
Gonna doodle a lot of chickens :yum: (and sorry if I overwhelm the forum again with doodles)
I don’t think I’ll follow a template like with the Season of Cake. Just gonna do… whatever little thing comes to me. Might adapt some people’s pfp’s, might do other stuff.

In the meantime, send me theme/prompt ideas maybe? It’s not gonna be a day-by-day thing, just want to fill the time every now and then with some drawing. Other people can join in if they want too. :grey_question: :man_shrugging: :grey_question:

9 Likes

I don’t think I have ever been involved in drawing prompts before, one of my discord servers has a channel called #drawing-prompts but I don’t think I ever participated. (Here is their artwork, and why I never participated: http://imgur.com/a/nshD6)

If I’m allowed to give a chicken related prompt, what about:

Family reunion?

3 Likes

illegal items? :green_apple: :apple: :banana: :hocho: (<-- that’s a letter opener)

3 Likes

So… this isn’t going as planned, yet. :disappointed:

I’ve already had about 2 ideas to draw something this week, but with my long school hours and stressful work, I’m unable to do it during the day and studying further at home is so energy draining, if I take any break, time melts away before I have to get to bed. Ooh. Like now.

Anyway here’s the tentative list of what I might hope to inspire me this month.

9 Likes

I think I’ll classify this one as “Comfort”.

Hopefully I can get something else out before the weekend, since when Cymbeline is up I think I’ll be so focused on that, I’ll have even less time for much of anything else (between the 13th and 20th).

8 Likes

Imagine going to school and by the time you get back home it’s 12am, the next day. That’ll be me for the next week (hooray for performance schedule!)

“SLEEP”

Also, in an attempt to recreate the cuteness and appeal of the chicken I drew in Gluttony, I’ve done my best to study it and figure out just what makes it look so good.
I’ve applied what I ‘learned’ to the image above.

“STUDY?”

11/13/2021

Bit of a gift from @.v1deost today.

I’m touched, this is real nice and cute. :partying_face:

Guess I’ll file this under “birthday”?

(Had to edit this comment. I can’t post more than 3 replies in a row! Curse you, Discourse!)

17 Likes

Here you go, @TheChicken. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Just for you @TheChicken :smile:

6 Likes

Apologies.

next one won’t be the last one. I’ve got more ideas, prompts. It’s just nearing the end of November right now…

11 Likes

do not pay attention to the abandoned art project above this comment

Oh boy, chicken enthusiasts. I’ve just recently done a bunch of cool research on chicken breeds, just out of curiosity, since I haven’t done much of that before.

Coolest things I’ve found are:

Easter-Egger chickens. True to their name, they lay real easter eggs. Blue, Green, Red eggs. (Even purple, but that’s just “bloom” and can be washed off… :thinking:)
They only ever lay one colour, but it varies from chicken to chicken.

Easter Egger: Everything You Need To Know About This Chicken -

There’s also Buff Orpingtons and Buff Rock chickens:

They have a distinguishing yellowish plumage. (“Buff” is actually the name of the shade of yellow) and bright red wattles.
Not much distinguishes the two breeds, but Orps usually seem to have white legs, the other is bright yellow.

in terms of classifying my own chicken, I don’t know if I can or ever will. But it’s an interesting thought to have.

Roosters aren’t usually portrayed with a white colour, usually that’s reserved for Hens. However, wikipedia also has an entry about white-plumaged roosters, such as " There are several chicken breeds having solid white as the most typical plumage color, such as “Leghorn :eyes:, Dorking, Bresse, Gauloise, Polish, Wyandotte, and others.”

Can’t say I’m a big fan of the huge chin wattle, but it’s cool to see!

This is a weird forum tangent today, not sure why I needed to post it here, but I wanted to share it since it was interesting to me!
woooo bok bok :metal:

9 Likes

I only recently found out that there are chickens that lay out green-ish eggs, I thought only ducks did that :grin:

5 Likes

Thoses colorful eggs were so cute! So i made a Pixel art of a Chicken errm… plopping one out! :blue_heart:

And i made myself as a Chicken! My brown hair and Thom Yorke’s blonde hair (as the red bit, what is that actually called???)

8 Likes

Them’s some adorable pixel art chickens! Love the colours for both. (I half want to steal that first one! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

The red bits are called the Comb (on the top) and the Wattle (under the chin)

6 Likes

For your reading pleasure: a chicken ranking.
Jenny has some 10/10 opinions IMO

6 Likes