The Szilassi Darkness escalation/ some Sieger snipers broken?

I used a sniper rifle (Sieger Advanced) to kill both the targets, so I shouldn’t get the “Bodies Found” penalty, and also I didn’t kill any non-target!
I read in some places that some sniper rifles aren’t recognized as sniper rifles, what’s the point of their existence unless it’s a bug?
Video: https://youtu.be/AAiri-fWROk

You better toggle on SA Tracker to see in real time what’s going on with your rating.
I believe your second kill was noticed by that nearby guy. He usually sees if his buddy gets killed.
Also that girl might have seen the body. Before second kill you better distract those two either with bullets or try to set them on panic without affecting the target guy. It’s confirmed with points messages. After first kill you got Unnoticed kill +25 XP, after second kill this message didn’t appear. It indicates that your second kill was noticed by somebody

3 Likes

Unfortunately, sniping a target and having their body found invalidates your Silent Assasin rating, regardless of the sniper used

4 Likes

Hello Socrates, and welcome to the forum!

You did not get a no-target kill penalty, the score is zero, this is as it should be.

It is surprising that the second kill was not noticed but I am pretty sure it wasn’t that, you’re quick enough to get to the boat and if the guy there or someone else had seen the kill I think they should still be panicking/looking around. I am fairly sure that i occasionally found sniping that bloke did not cause a problem but only rarely.

The first kill, though, is almost certainly what gave you a “body found”. The second guard is out of sight at that point but is going to see the first. The business about sniper rifles and “body found” is only for the Sniper Assassin challenges in the missions, you still lose SA if the bodies are found but so long as no-one knows you fired the shot you get the challenge.

Certainly repeat it with the SA tracker on, that tells you when it stops being green.

3 Likes

If NPC will catch a glimpse of a corpse just before it’s hidden, he won’t panic.
Or in this case somebody else have seen the body who’s out of sight

1 Like

Hello @SpirantCrayon22 and everyone else.
Is there a SA tracker for real? This is the first I’m hearing about it.

It’s off by default so yes, not everyone could know about it

1 Like

Thank you! I feel so stupid not even knowing about its existence. :joy:

You’re welcome

2 Likes

No need to feel stupid, it isn’t obvious.

4 Likes

I still think it’s the guard in the tower!

Used the SA indicator. It’s actually someone on the pier.

His kill was unnoticed, his body might have been found, yes.
But in that case most likely he would’ve gotten a pop-up window showing that body been found.
Though I know that this mechanism works like a pre-historic vehicle - constantly breaking

I bet on that nearby guy

1 Like

You could shoot nearby the other guy to distract him and look in another direction and then kill the target maybe?

2 Likes

Yeah. Tried exactly that. It worked.

4 Likes

You got SA even with the snipe in the tower? Cool.

1 Like