Things About Hitman You Just Found Out

More of a thing about IOI I just found out, but if you search up a made up website under www.ioi.dk (e.g. www.ioi.dk/hitmn-47/ ) then you get a pretty nice Error: 404 page.

1 Like

Great one, but seems it’s not a transcript of a real in-game conversation :slight_smile:

I would really love to know real details about this call.

Maybe someone can dig up this audio file in game files…
And/or subtitles at least

1 Like

Hey! What can I say? I found your question inspiring. :slight_smile:

Will you get to work about digging game files?

1 Like

Nope. But @Euler13 normally has the handle on all in-game dialogue. Maybe he knows what Novikov’s phone call about Dalia’s death is about

3 Likes

The name of the last target caught me off guard. I’m reading Frank Herbert’s Dune at the moment and Paul Atreides (who later in the book takes the name of Muad’Dib) is the main character in the series and his name carries a lot of weight across the universe.

Who is the Dune nerd in IO Interactive? If you know, tell them they have an excellent taste in literature! @Clemens_IOI @Travis_IOI

P.S. Tobias Chopper as opposed to Tobias Reaper is fun too, though.

4 Likes

Not in fucking England. Outrageous behaviour.

Absolutely not. Sucks that they lost their phone, but what if you answer and that isn’t the case… you’d have to explain that you weren’t the phone’s owner, but… But… But… :scream:

2 Likes

I just right now discovered that there’s a whole series of ledges to get in and around the Sheikh’s room and Paris, and I only just now stepped foot in the Sheikh’s bedroom and realise it’s a good sniper spot, will probably make a contract there soon

Also I’ll probably post this tip in the Contract Creation thread, but if there are two doors between a loud sound and the next nearest NPC, then no one will hear it (Aka if there are two doors between your target and the next NPC, the target is in a soundproof room). It’s not 100% accurate, but it is at least 90% accurate. I’ve been making explosives contracts the past couple days based around this. CamTheChest helped me discover this when we were dicking around in New York.

2 Likes

I thought you were going to write how silly it is that he can have seventeen irons in his pockets without a problem. This is a little more bonkers!

1 Like

so i remember this tweet from the official Hitman 2 twitter account a while back. this was before H2 released.
it had a timelapse gif of 47 standing here next to the dolphin sculptures, and the main focus of the gif was the skybox. here’s a screenshot of the gif, since the tweet has since been deleted.

98fdf66577ccce048828563bed55ae40

the skybox was beautiful. it had big, voluminous clouds actively changed, morphed, and moved. it was the most realistic skybox ever, and it looked so good and amazing. i remember the reactions of some people in the Discord, it was the best skybox yet.

if the skybox was so good. why did we get this when H2 actually released?

you can see the clouds are drastically different. they still look okay, but they don’t change and morph like they were going to. now they’re just small, puffy, static clouds.

there are probably good reasons for this. maybe technical limitations. maybe it was just a thing the marketing team made and wasn’t actually ever in the game.
but i can’t help but feel cheated out of the best skybox the game was going to have :^( not even the Hawkes Bay clouds move and morph as realistically

10 Likes

You are really missing an atmospheric filter. Look at the top halves of the buildings… :slight_smile:

Not HITMAN related, but @Travis_IOI and @Clemens_IOI should explain this??

3 Likes

There’s nothing to see there, it’s a completely white picture. So please don’t send a assassin after me IOI.

1 Like

In Ark Society two NPCs are talking about the heaven and hell party in Dance with the devil from blood money, one of them mentions that someone got eaten by a shark during it.

6 Likes

It might be a bit too far fetched on my part but…

3 Likes

i never noticed that the Rockers in Rendezvous in Rotterdam print their own money lol

4 Likes

Worst thing about this is that they’re printing American dollars, not even euro’s smh.

4 Likes

Must… Refrain… From… Snarking…

Damn bro, dust your shit!

3 Likes

Contracts was made in 2004 and the missions were all flash backs from the past. The Euro didn’t go into circulation till 2002 and it’s was slow at first.

1 Like