Things About Hitman You Just Found Out

I just discovered an IOI artist’s artstation post about Mumbai graffiti.
@IndianAgent47 probably knows this already, but tagging you anyway

https://kd428.artstation.com/projects/PmegZr#top

The full Chimken Graffiti :heart: (in-game, you only ever see the top half!)

Also, this piece of a boat – seen it in Mumbai and Chongqing, but could never figure it out… It’s a bunch of stick figures hanging onto a boat!! Coolio!

16 Likes

Tranq Weapons can be lethal if you sneak behind a target and press X to eliminate them.

13 Likes

Not just tranqs, the Sieker too

I’ve been seeing volvomodus post weird new bugs from this update on youtube recently

11 Likes

Okay so I wasn’t going insane when this was the first time I saw this cause I swear it wasn’t like this Pre freelancer.

The Freelancer update just brought a slew of bugs to the game. Not necessarily game breaking, but I’ve been getting visual errors aswell with the games clothing system.

For reference this has been something I’ve been seeing a lot lately after Freelancer missions for certain suits.

8 Likes

Out of curiosity, what was it like pre Freelancer? I never tried this with a Sieker or Kalmer. Would it just work normally (as if you shot them from a distance) or was the interaction prompt not there at all?

You weren’t suppose to eliminate anyone with any Tranq both Sedative and Emetic. IO must of done something that unintentionally messed with the properties of the weapons where it essentially makes the weapon lethal albeit circumstantial.

4 Likes

If you create poision from mushroom in shed, produced lethal poision vial will not take space in inventory and you can bring it with yourself on mission without losing capacity of gear.

17 Likes

Looking at what was done, it’s certainly a by-product of the change made to the dart gun to make them have separate dart pool.

If they replaced the proprieties of it, starting from a default one, they might have forgot to have the “can execute in the back” toggle off.

3 Likes

'It’s not a bug, but a feature:smile:

2 Likes

You can distract the prisoner in Colorado. Just imagine how annoying this is for him. He hears the sound, wants to investigate but can’t move!

18 Likes

There are a surprising number of emojis for tools, weapons and other items that we have seen and used throughout the Hitman series. I’ll post them all here, and see if you know which game and in what way each had been used:

:mechanical_arm::mechanical_leg::closed_umbrella::crocodile::shark::hippopotamus::apple::coconut::hamburger::birthday::coffee::tea::tumbler_glass::cocktail::wine_glass::softball::8ball::studio_microphone::drum::violin::screwdriver::wrench::hammer::gun::bomb::firecracker::axe::hocho::dagger::coffin::smoking::crystal_ball::prayer_beads::stethoscope::syringe::plunger::test_tube::toilet::gift::mirror_ball::fountain_pen::newspaper_roll::fire_extinguisher::oil_drum::fuelpump::shell:

13 Likes

Unobtainable Achievements are a sore subject for a lot of people. That being said it’s possible to obtain HITMAN Absolutions Contracts Mode Achievements on Steam in 2023 through the usage of Steam Achievement Manager. Do whatever you want with this information.

3 Likes

If a game is predominantly single player, it should never have online only trophies (Ironic, considering Hitman’s “Totally not DRM” DRM, but I digress)! They should go the way of the Dodo.

5 Likes

Pretty much all achievement sites consider SAM as cheating and achievements obtained with it as invalid so I would think twice before using it if I were you.

1 Like

Except I’m only endorsing SAM for when it comes to unobtainable achievements. Valve doesn’t particularly care if someone uses the tool so you aren’t risking account bans.

At the end of the day it boils down to self-control and how one goes about using the tool. If they use it to get high up on these achievement sites or however they work then it’s the staffs duty on that site to address it.

2 Likes

ICA Tactical Shotguns Covert had change theirs names to differentiate from each other. Now there are two:

18 Likes

I played Freelancer on Ambrose Island and brought a sniper rifle to the map, when I noticed something strange. For some reason it was legal for me to carry the rifle openly (no warning indication in the bottom right corner).

Unfortunately, I didn’t have the opportunity to check whether this is true for non-guard disguises as well. I also don’t know if this works on regular Ambrose outside of Freelancer.
It’s probably a bug, but I hope this one stays a bit longer. Makes using sniper rifles a lot more fun :wink:

7 Likes

This is not a bug, it’s a feature, I’m quite sure, multiple disguises in the games actually allow certain guards to carry Snipers legally, for example Maya’s Friends from Colorado are allowed to carry Snipers as well.

I’m just not 100% sure these guards are allowed to carry snipers as well

7 Likes

I’d doubt that, even 2016 limited the allowance to guard disguises only. So in case there is an allowance intentionally or not, it’s for the guard disguises.

3 Likes

Sniper rifles have been allowed to carry on Ambrose since the map released last year. Pretty sure it’s an oversight (as they are meant to be universally “illegal”) and the devs either don’t know about it or haven’t bothered to fix it (yet).

7 Likes