I’ve been playing ghost mode for a bit now, and I think it’s a really great idea. Credit to the creators. Still, I think a couple of things should be optimized, based on my personal experience:
- Targets should notice if you are trespassing and react accordingly.
- Noticed kills should never give a point (like the syringe right now)
- There should be some kind of penalty for being killed. I know, you loose all your items, but so what. Right now, you usually even spawn closer to the new target than the other player, so it can be used to reach the target quicker. It should be rather vice versa, that you get some time penalty by spawing a bit further away.
- And finally the most important thing: There should be a penalty for knocking random people out, while they notice it. At the moment, games are often like: Find a non lethal melee weapon, knock out all NPC in the area (e.g. bodyguard), kill the target, and leave a mess behind with several bodys found afterwards. That is hardly the intended way of a silent assassin. I don’t mind subduing a couple of NPC, but it should happen unnoticed. I’m not sure, what kind of penalty there should be… Target lost, if a knock out is noticed seems too much.
Things I would like to see added at some point in the future:
- Matchmaking system based on personal score. Depends on how many players are typically available I guess. But right now, it becomes a little boring if only 1 out of 30 games is a challenge due to many new players.
- Options for choosing modifiers for the ghost mode: E.g. AO or SO, only kills according to these requirements will count.
- Option to add handicap for players: E.g. increase the time required to get a point for an unnoticed kill.
Feel free to add more stuff or share your oppinion.