TV Show discussion

maybe he only told so because it is “for public”

I suppose that might be the case,but his acting and how passionate he is about the role will really show us. Personally,I believe him and I am really looking forward to the series,but we never know with these videogame series. Everything is so up in the air all the time,like that Hitman TV Series in production. Might be chocolate,might be shit.

I mean,there are not many guys who would 100% get “it” but if there was one,it’d be Gerald.
Especially once the girl he’s romancing sees him open a werewolf in half.

https://twitter.com/LHissrich

According to Netflix Witcher series executive producer Lauren Hissrich, Henry Cavill actually sat at meetings just for working out the concept of the show before writers were even signed to the project. My guess is that Cavill was known to Lauren and was invited as a “Witcher Resource” since I’ve heard he plays the video games a lot.

Cavill’s enthusiasm for the property supposedly ingrained a momentum in the team to cast him as Geralt as soon as the direction for the show was solidified.

That said, Lauren has clarified the series will be based more on the novels than the games.

But this is definitely a unique situation. It is as close as we can possibly get to having one of us work on a Hitman movie in any position of influence.

Edit:

Apparently a few weeks ago, Henry Cavill revealed not only has he played through THE WITCHER 3: WILD HUNT at least twice, he is actually also a reader of the novels.

He’s a 100% Wiedzmin nut. And I still believe he was brought on as a Resource and a Cheerleader because he probably helped launch the thing for everybody who didn’t know that much about THE WITCHER. But it’s nice to have someone like this on your team if you are adapting a book or game or what have you.

Also, going through her twitter, Lauren seems like the real deal. Positive vibes on this set folks. :slight_smile: Although it can turn into one of those… “Only our friends get to work on this gig” things… but if they are all creatively in the right place, that’s where the magic is. :slight_smile:

I think more of a “friends only” enviroment it’s slowly turning into a set where they really have this strong passion for the main source,which really makes me happy! Besides casting,a thing I really want them to get right is the soundtrack! But so far it seems like we’re in for a treat!

Ubisoft executives collaborate on new Rob McElhenney comedy series which is basically “The Office” but in a video game studio.

Ubisoft’s Yves Guillemot, Jason Altman and Danielle Kreinik are listed as Executive Producers.

It’s always been in the character of Ubisoft to poke fun at itself and the industry

So who knows? It might work. :slight_smile:

So I’m watching this new show Maniac that has an futuristic hospital-ish facility that has an advanced A.I. and a director wearing glasses and a black wig. Really reminded me of something…

I’m looking forward to this.

“The deeply frozen Cold War is heating up. Twenty years after a devastating terrorist attack in 1983 that halted the course of Poland’s liberation and the subsequent downfall of the Soviet Union, an idealistic law student and a disgraced police investigator stumble upon a conspiracy that has kept the Iron Curtain standing and Poland living under a repressive police state.”

I am watching The Walking Dead (S4E2) and South Park (S12E6). But my favourite series must be the original 7 seasons of MacGyver.

Better Call Saul season 4 is over, and that finale really fucking hit me hard.

Mike having to kill Werner is possibly the saddest thing I’ve seen on a tv show or movie this year;

Is it just me, or has Batter Call Saul become increasingly boring and slow?
Don’t get me wrong, it’s a well-acted, well-written series, but very little happens in most of the episodes, and I’m at the point where I’m just not as excited about the next one. Most of the time I feel like I’m watching filler and scenes which go nowhere. I was never expecting this to be another Breaking Bad, but you could easily compress the four current seasons into two without affecting the story at all.

My recollection of the series is a bit like having watched a movie on the second leg of a 26 hour flight to Europe, where you just nod in and out of consciousness. I mean, I know I watched it but I can’t really recall what happened.

Despite this, there are some fantastic episodes which make the series worth watching in the long term, but you could easily cut everything in half and you wouldn’t be missing much.

I completely agree.I don’t understand people that say it’s better than Breaking Bad,imo it has big problems with its pacing.

I was about to watch 4th season but I figured out I couldn’t remember what happened in previous one.Not even the ending.Maybe I just find lawyer scenes boring and show is not for me (only scenes I genuinely enjoy are with Mike) but I think Breaking Bad was generally a better drama and a more dynamic show.I can’t even remember half the stuff that happened in first two seasons of Better Call Saul-I feel like a lot of it was irrelevant.

I do agree with @Watson that you kind of forget what happened earlier in Better Call Saul. Somehow everything is more about character exploration than story momentum, probably because you already know the final endgame. So it only occasionally feels like the stakes are high enough for you to really care. I do enjoy the the storyline with Nacho, because he’s a good character, and we don’t know how that ends… Also, what surprised me this season was how cliche and TV-like the whole German-storyline was. The end of that arch was also pretty predictable, unlike most of BB and BCS.

But… I still really enjoy the show, despite it’s faults. I love the level of craftsmanship that obviously goes into every scene, and the storytelling is just as precise and entertaining as it was in Breaking Bad. For me, it’s still one of the best shows running at the moment. I also enjoyed the last couple of episodes a lot. They were constantly toying with the viewer as to when Jimmy was sincere or playing a game.

It was surprising that Jimmy was actually sincere in the board meeting choosing the intern. And him realising that he would always be in the wrong basket to them, and telling it to the young woman was a really powerful moment. And then, consequently finding out that he was actually faking his whole presentation in front of the judges at the end. That was also surprising and well made. That was obviously the pivotal moment where he really became Saul, and possibly the moment when Kim finally decides to leave him, judging from the last scenes.

The Haunting of Hill House. Damn. What a great show.

I’m only 6 episodes in out of 10, but this is the most original thing I have seen in ages.

Just finished binging season 3 of Daredevil.
What a fuckin’ show this is. It’s an almost perfect adaptation of the best parts of the source material, and features some fantastic acting. Charlie Cox is great once again, and Vincent D’Onofrio’s Kingpin blows my mind.

This season sees Matt Murdock reach an absolute lowpoint, a hole he has to claw himself out of, and it is riveting to watch every step of the way.

We also see one of Daredevil’s greatest villains, Bullseye introduced, and he is great. The series creators put so much time and effort into developing the characters… great stuff
I will say I was a bit disappointed that we didnt get to see Bullseye in his suit, but I suspect we will see it soon enough.

If you liked the previous seasons of Daredevil, don’t wait, just watch it now. :slight_smile:
And if you haven’t seen the Daredevil series at all, do it. It’s the best superhero series ever in my opinion, and holds up as one of my favorite shows, period.

Highly recommend this as well. Episode 7 out of 10 and i still have no idea what is going on.

First look at Henry Cavill in The Witcher!
https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1057640842201055232/video/1

hahaha that looks absolutely terrible

If you thought any differently then you are a fool.:joy:

Yeah. :slight_smile: Hope it grows on us and the series is good.
I think the problem is he looks cute in that outfit and doesn’t exude any kind of foreboding whatsoever.