TV Show discussion

I was on the internet and I saw a list of TV shows with Spawn on the list and I decided to watch it.

yesss I just hope this is better than “series” 4, with only 2 episodes :roll_eyes:

looks great though

EDIT: apparently it’s 4

The Second and possibly last season of The Punisher on Netflix.

Looks decent but so did the first season. Hopefully this season is better.

I just binge watched a Netflix show called “You”. It was really good and had me wanting to find out what happened next every time. The female lead is very naturally beautiful too which helps. Both leads are really good actors despite never having heard of them. Looks like it will lead onto a season two so looking forward to that now I have no more episodes to watch.

I watched one episode it seems very good just been busy.

“To me, it’s disturbing whenever I see authority figures embracing Punisher iconography because the Punisher represents a failure of the Justice system. He’s supposed to indict the collapse of social moral authority and the reality some people can’t depend on institutions like the police or the military to act in a just and capable way.”

File this next to “there are people who love Team America because they never got the joke.”

You mean Team America was not a documentary?? Are you telling me Bed, Bath & Beyond is not the most prominent American invention since peanut butter?!

I suppose we could stick with “His Excellency”…

So what the hell is the deal with that stupid mask jigsaw is wearing in hospital? It looks like my 4 year old daughter drew it.

Edit: In punisher season 2.

Finished season 2 of the Punisher yesterday and here’s my two cents. Short answer: Overall I really liked it. There’s more action then season 1 but the story and drama didn’t always hit the mark as well as before IMO.

Now for the long review. Spoilers ahead.

[spoiler] So Frank is travels out of New York to a small town trying to find a new life of sorts but he soon gets back into the thick of things when he steps in to save a girl from being kidnapped and probably killed. Although back in danger again, Frank feels the most at home in it then he ever could trying to find peace. That’s his theme for the season - realizing that he’d rather be killing folks then starting anew so he embraces becoming the Punisher. There’s a new villain who’s hunting the girl (Amy I think her name is) in a pilgrim hitman. His character and story arc are pretty good IMO. He’s a worthy opponent for Frank and a interesting character. Amy herself isn’t bad either though she not really a stand out but I did enjoy her relationship with Frank. Then we have returning villain Billy Russo AKA Jigsaw, though from what I saw he never actually becomes Jigsaw. I wasn’t a fan of his story arc.

Due to his last fight with Frank, he lost some of his memory. He remembers nearly everything except his betrayal of Frank and Madani so he never understands why they hate him and his face is not nearly as scarred as it should’ve been. I think this was done in an attempt to humanize him and try to make you believe he’s a different person but to me it was a gamble that didn’t pay off. At one point he learns why Frank did what he did but rejects the truth. When he finally comes face to face with Frank they have a shootout. From there he learns that the Punisher is who scarred him but he doesn’t seem to give a fuck why and just plans revenge. IMO this makes the whole memory loss plot redundant. He also hooks up with his therapist who might as well be Harley Quinn falling in love with Joker. The whole romance just felt forced and didn’t work for me at all. So his story was just meh. He dies in the end and I’m glad I won’t be seeing him again in season 3 (assuming we get another season). Bring on Barracuda! [/spoiler]