Unpopular Opinions

we had 3d doritos once upon a time. they were god-like.

good times.

5 Likes

In honor of Avatar coming back to theaters and the imminent release of Avatar: The Way of Water:

The original is the most boring and mind numbing piece of shit Iā€™ve ever had the misfortune of paying double because my friend wanted to see it in overhyped 3D. Words cannot express how little Iā€™m looking forward to the next almost decade of sequels. From what little I can remember of the first one, the trailer for the upcoming one makes it look like it will be more of exactly the same (just in water this time). The ā€œstoryā€ was already paper thin (not to mention derivative); I canā€™t fathom how theyā€™re gonna squeeze four more movies out of itā€¦

4 Likes

Visually impressive even without the 3D, I enjoyed the whole ecosystem this alien world had. I also liked the concept of humans as the alien invaders for a change. Aside from that, the phrase Pocahontas In Space gets thrown around a lot in regards to this movie, and thereā€™s a reason for that.

Iā€™ll just repeat what I told my sister when I came home that day. ā€œIt was real pretty but I couldnā€™t tell you what happened.ā€

1 Like

Like a Hendrix video, or a Grateful Dead concert.

I have long believed that if there are actually aliens that we have any hope of contacting, the universe would be better off if we just stayed home.

2 Likes

As the late great George Carlin said:

ā€œBut what are we going to tell the intergalactic Counsel of Ministers when one of our teenage mothers throws her newborn baby into a dumpster, huh? How are we gonna explain that to the Space People? How are we going to let them know that our ambassador was late to the meeting because his breakfast was cold and he had to spend a half an hour punching his wife around in the kitchen? And what are they gonna think when they learn that itā€™s just a local custom that over eighty million women in the third world have had their clitorises forcibly removed in order to decrease their sexual pleasure, so they wonā€™t cheat on their husbands? Canā€™t you just sense how eager the rest of the universe is for us to show up?!ā€

4 Likes

The only good things to come out avatar are its vfx work and its deeply ironic soundtrack.

1 Like

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Iā€™d be inclined to give you the vfx, though every time I have the misfortune to see the trailer for the sequel itā€™s all a bit uncanny valley. Tbh I donā€™t remember much of either; it was a deeply forgettable movie and I remain flabbergasted it captured the zeitgeist the way it did.

1 Like

Iā€™m just flabbergasted that it captured the money the way it did, to the point that goddamn Avengers: Endgame, the most epically built up climax film so far in the entire history of cinema, had to resort to implementing something like five technicalities at once in order to temporarily sorta kinda surpass it.

Say whatever you want about the quality of the corporate dispense machine that is the MCU, but few could deny every film released under that banner has been The Godfather by comparison to Avatar (although visually inferior in several cases).

1 Like

Hey, I really enjoyed Avatar during itā€™s first release when it was called Dances with Wolves.

4 Likes

I just wanted you to know that if I had been in the middle of drinking something when I read that, it would have almost certainly been a spit take.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know how controversial this will be, but mac and cheese is gross. (Regardless of if it is homemade or made from the box)

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, we canā€™t be friends anymore :sob:

joking joking

6 Likes

I dislike macaroni in general so we can still be friends! :blush:

1 Like

Iā€™ll one-up your post by just agreeing with this part of it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll agree with you. I also hate cheese in general. I donā€™t know how some people are crazy about it.

1 Like

Bullpups are superior to traditional rifles and 1998 Anna K is better then 1999 Anna K (that ones a terrible joke so ignore it).

1 Like

People make a big deal out of the fact that Leia kissed Luke in Empire but it wasnā€™t a very romantic kiss at all. It was more of a forced stick-it to Han than anything. Plus, they didnā€™t know they were brother/sister at the time so it wasnā€™t really that big a deal.

8 Likes