Upcoming Movies Thread

Use this thread to discuss movies that have yet to release!

Share trailers, articles, interviews, whatever gets you hyped up for what’s next in cinema.

1 Like

So this isn’t out yet, but I don’t think we have a thread for movies we want to see. This looks hysterical. Similar in concept to JCVD where Claude plays a version of himself and is a washed up actor who needs money, only that movie was supposed to be dramatic and this one is supposed to be funny.

7 Likes

Wow, I think that might be the first new Nic Cage movie I’ve become interested in seeing in years. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

more and more people have been posting news or trailers of upcoming stuff…

screw it, I’ll just change the title a bit.

Dreamworks unveiled their next animated movie for next year. Man, this thing has some style! Blending 2D and 3D animation, cute, round character designs, smooth movement, this could turn out great.
(not exactly a fan of the obligatory ‘Bad Guy’ backing track though, kinda clashes a bit with the trailer editing/content)

Also forgot to mention: Everything Everywhere All At Once. This looks like the multiverse movie to beat. Looks impressive from a cinematic standpoint, though I’m unsure how I feel about how action-y it looks. The concept of travelling between parallel worlds and exploring them is always super cool to me.

4 Likes

That title sounds like something out of Lovecraft. Yog-Sothoth is coming! Tremble before that which is One in All and All in One!

3 Likes

Death of the Nile is finally about to come out soon. Been in limbo for a while since like 3 actors in it have been involved in various controversies. I really enjoyed Kenneth Branagh’s Murder on the Orient Express, so looking forward to his version of this story. I just love how gorgeous the film is.

3 Likes

New Batman trailer is out everyone.

6 Likes

Now if only TopGun2 would get to this point :joy:

4 Likes

As much as i loved the previous trailer, this one is so much better. Riddler that actually acts like riddler, awesome cinematography and a great story premise from what they revealed thus far.

7 Likes

Holy crap Sony needs to fire whoever makes their posters.

Absolutely nobody cared about this film did they?

3 Likes

I think I might even care less about this movie then the Avatar sequels.

5 Likes

I think all of the actors on the poster agree with you. Even Antonio Banderas who I didn’t even know was in the movie until I saw the poster.

1 Like

There was a time where I cared, but it was when Mark played Drake. I rather see Christopher Walken as Mario, then Tom play Drake. Then again it would be funny to see Walken as Mario and no disrespect to Tom, I like him. He’s just not Dake.

2 Likes

I think Walken is a better choice than Chris Pratt.

1 Like

This could have been a mediocre action movie but now it’s a sub-par, unrecognizable Uncharted movie.

We have a video game that let you play exaggerated versions of Hollywood action scenes, but now it’s a movie again where you have no agency.

1 Like

I saw the same comment on the reddit thread I found this on. Feels odd to me because playing it makes no difference to me.

If you recreated Uncharted 2 scene for scene as a movie it would still be as cool as playing it. Sure controlling it makes it feel more real but I don’t think not being able to control it would rob it of the same general impact but that of would require having good choreography, tight stuntwork and fantastic camerawork which this film obviously won’t have.

1 Like

Banderas will be the only good part of that movie.

1 Like

Wake up babe, a sequel to UHF is dropping. 2HF if you will.

You would think they would just cast Weird Al. That man hasn’t aged since he released Poodlehat at least and he is 62 right now.

4 Likes

And how the hell do they expect Daniel freaking Radcliffe of all people to play the part? First of all, is he able to properly capture Al’s voice, expressions, and energy? And secondly, it goes without saying, like every single other role Radcliffe has had since 2011, will viewers even be able to take it seriously, or are they just gonna see that Weird Al looks a lot like Harry Potter? Good grief, Justin Long would have been a more believable choice.

1 Like

You forget the part where this is a biopic about Weird Al by Weird Al? Al probably chose the most off-base and distracting actor he possibly could for the film.

2 Likes