Upcoming Movies Thread

People that actively want to have cameras on them 24/7 are usually terrible people.

Yep and it is worse here, Australia’s free-to-air content is mostly reality crap, there are two channels that dare make something close to original content SBS and the ABC even then the SBS mostly air foreign shows and movies but the only reality show on any of them are cooking shows (which have their own channel) and Forged in Fire.

2 Likes

This really says something about our society

2 Likes

Joker 2: Societal Boogaloo.

2 Likes

ABC is Australian Broadcasting Corp, right? We have an ABC here too but it’s American.

Anyway I liked both Stateless and Pinegap once they came to netflicks. Neither of them got a second season though )=

3 Likes

BBC means British Broadcasting Corporation but it also means something else too like Bitches Be Crazy and well Big Black… Ya know the rest.

3 Likes

Yes, that is why they make actual content. The ABC can’t be seen pissing away taxpayer funding on yet another competitive home reno show.

The American equivalent would be a combination of the AP (Associated Press), NPR and PBS and the British equivalent would be the BBC (except the ABC is directly taxpayer funded instead of The Beeb which is funded through television licensing)

Yep but they are a private enterprise.

ABC doesn’t get the money to make anything other than miniseries content.

2 Likes

That’s too bad bc PineGap was setup perfectly for season 2. Spoilers ahead!! especially with the Chinese spy banging the American bosses wife and slinking in with the Aussie 1st nation* kid
*I think 1st nation the right term? State side we use Native American, but I don’t think that Native Aussie is correct. Anyway let me know if I need to change that.

2 Likes

First Nations is a perfectly acceptable term and Native Australian is also acceptable as is Indigenous Australian. Aboriginal is the word the word most comparable to “Indian” in that some are willing to use it themselves or they will give a tourist a pass with someone that does use it but shouldn’t really be used as a catch all.

2 Likes

And it just keeps getting worse and worse over at Warner Bros.

4 Likes

Does David Zaslav know WB originally made Looney Tunes, arguably one of the most iconic animated properties of our time?

4 Likes

Yes he does know and he also knows that animation is expensive and requires lots of people to be paid. Victor Zaslav can gut Cartoon Network and use the cash to make 180 Day Fiancé and turn Shark Week into Shark Month.

3 Likes

Fun. :upside_down_face:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

3 Likes

You think you are having fun, I am still dreading what he might do to DC, by that I mean the comics publisher not the films.

3 Likes

Huh. Today I learned DC Comics is a subsidiary of Warner Bros.

Wow :open_mouth:

3 Likes

They have been since the Time Warner Merger which was in 1990. I can’t believe it; Time Magazine, AOL, AT&T and yet it was the fucking Discovery Channel merger that seems to have killed DC.

2 Likes

They are making a live action Pac Man movie… I have no idea why.

It is going to be worse than the Atari 2600 port of the original game if you ask me.

6 Likes

They will probably make it ugly again and release a trailer, just so the Internet will appreciate the revised one. :smile:

But can it be worse than Pixels?

1 Like

Yes. For all its faults, at least Pixels didn’t give Pac Man legs.

4 Likes

Wow! This was scarily prescient wasn’t it?

Fucking Weird Al movie trailer is out.

6 Likes