Upcoming Movies Thread

Hey I haven’t seen Orlando Bloom in a movie since Pirates of Caribbean. This could be interesting!

The protagonist better starts by doing license tests! :rofl:

1 Like

There’s a Gran Turismo movie??

What’s it gonna be about?? Just… a race? That’s called Gran Turismo?

Really confused what the draw is here, because GT doesn’t look like it has anything unique to offer a film adaptation

2 Likes

Nah, it’s an adaptation of a real life esport racer’s story, who has played GT, attended GT Academy, then became an actual racer. Of course the game series themselves never have such plot implemented. I am curious to see how this turns out though.

3 Likes

Check out Zulu (the one from 2013, not the one from 1964; although that’s a great film, so you should actually check it out as well). Bloom plays a hobo tough-guy South African cop and it’s probably the best acting I’ve seen from him :grin: And it’s a generally fun flick.

2 Likes

This is, like, general movie news, but I guess this is the most appropriate place for it… The Oscars are upcoming and it’s just been announced that Everything Everywhere has a stand-out 11 nominations!

Very cool, but I’m especially happy that Stephanie Hsu has been nominated (alongside Jamie Lee Curtis) as Best Supporting Actress for it.
She was majorly snubbed at the Globes, where only Curtis got nom’d for some reason

Her freaking Audition tape – she’d already mastered the character she’d play in the film… awesome stuff!!

3 Likes

The Venture Bros movie is currently being edited.

7 Likes

oh hell yes

20xhellyes

4 Likes

Thank you to the Hitman Forum Movies Thread for confirming to me that this is happening. This makes me so happy.

5 Likes

Hey guys! Have you seen the poster for the Flash movie yet?

7 Likes

everytime i see news about the flash movie i keep thinking, what does ezra miller have on wb

5 Likes

They have the African Nation GDP sized budget used to make the film. You are literally seeing the most expensive sunken cost fallacy ever put to film.

7 Likes

Gotta love Warner being backed into a corner with The Flash cause simply shelving it and getting a tax write off would be a poor business decisions cause they’d just be losing more money that they don’t have.

Can’t wait to see this movie have minimal marketing and not make back its production costs.

4 Likes

Much like the first trailer, this one is also very dramatic. I’m going to be emotionally obliterated, aren’t I :cry:

That shot of baby Rocket on the medical table aughhh :broken_heart:

4 Likes

So this is a thing. Live action How to Train Your Dragon. Because of course.

It’ll have the same director as the animated trilogy, but still… it’ll be live action… ugh…

5 Likes

Ooh, also, alert: badass quad poster here!

4 Likes

I thought DreamWorks would’ve learned from Disney’s plethora of live action remakes that recreating an animated movie in live action is a huge mistake. Maybe they’re trying to make an amazing remake to “one up” Disney

6 Likes

Apparently not. Disney only had one good live action remake and that was the Jungle Book, and it was so different from the original animated version, I don’t think you can even count it as live action remake, which implies remaking the animated classics with real actors, but as just a plain remake. That was probably why it worked; other than a couple of the songs, it was more a retelling of the original written tale than the animated classic.

4 Likes

the sole reason it was a success was because our lord and master, christ-opher walken, lent his vocal cords to it. there’s no other possible explanation. none. zip. zilch. nada.

5 Likes

Well, Bill Murray was a fairly humerus Baloo, as well.

1 Like

5 Likes