Upcoming Movies Thread

With how bizarre the casting choice is, there’s either merit to Daniel’s portrayal of Al, or this is all based in the principal title of the film, and we should just roll with it – it’s Weird.

1 Like

Does that even count as a biopic then? Or is Al just telling a fictionalized version of his life for laughs? Because that truly seems like a poor decision. He should have done this years ago before the Parkinson’s really hit Michael J. Fox.

I mean yes? If it tells the story of his life even somewhat loosely and played it for laughs it is still a biopic. There are plenty of dramatic biopics that are way more distorted than anything Al could do to his own life story.

Still a biopic even if it would be a borderline roman a clef.

The comedian shouldn’t make his life story funny? Should it be super dark and gritty? Actually I see Al doing that as a joke, just making everything about his life seem super intense just like his Behind the Music bit.

If it’s the story of his life, it should be whatever his life was. Dark and gritty, light and happy, intense and energetic, dull and boring, whatever. I want to know how Weird Al became Weird Al, what struggles did he have to face when it became his life’s ambition to be a comedian by doing parodies of famous songs and arguable the most successful white rapper ever. And whether he’s messing around or being serious, I don’t see Daniel Radcliffe being up to that task unless Al is taking liberties with himself. Just doesn’t make any sense to me. I cannot see Radcliffe showing what recording the video of Fat was like.

:astonished:

:heart_eyes:

Edit 3: Looks like it’s a show. Not sure where else I could post it. :confused:

Coming February 5th.

2 Likes

BREAKING NEWS

Edit: not pictured in the link title: Chicken Run 2 is coming in 2023. Followed by a Wallace and Gromit film.

7 Likes

Seriously? When are they gonna give it up? This is the fourth time, I think, that they’ve tried to make a sequel to the original movie. And they’ve brought back the original actress who has been waiting all this time… like Jamie Lee Curtis in the latest Halloween movies. People, it worked there, it won’t work here. And is there a reason why, every time a word shows up on the screen, it sounds like the T. Rex from Jurassic Park is roaring? I know it’s supposed to be a chainsaw revving, but it just sounds like a poorly disguised T. Rex sound effect.

TCM has never been good. And I’m talking about the original here. It wasn’t scary, just shocking, the entire half hour was nothing but screaming, and it wasn’t even a chainsaw massacre. Only one person died from a chainsaw and he was in a wheelchair, gee, I bet that was tough. The original TCM and every movie that has been attached to it have always failed to live up. The remake and it’s prequel in the early 2000s we’re good and had their own thing, but the original is one of the more overrated horror films in history. I will be extremely surprised if this doesn’t fail spectacularly.

1 Like

When horror films stop being cheap to make, stop being released in October and/or with large turnouts from fans and people who complain about Hollywood on the internet for clickbait revenue.

I just meant with Texas Chainsaw Massacre making sequels to the original. It’s never, ever, ever gonna revive the franchise into a recurring entry series like the rest of the horror greats. Hellraiser, Leprechaun, and Phantasm had more success with home release entries than this series will ever have. It’s never gonna happen. Reboot the whole thing from scratch like in 2003, or let it die.

But what you said makes sense, too.

1 Like

Hellraiser is getting a reboot. Leprechaun sucked the first time around and if you didn’t think it sucked then the sequels sure wanted to tell you that it did. The last Phantasm film came out five years ago and I see a reboot of that if the studio gets desperate enough.

1 Like

But, they were successful enough to get multiple sequels in an established continuity. TCM, every time it gets a sequel, if ignores the previous sequel, each one only tied to the original, and they keep trying, thinking this one is the one that will launch a series of continuity sequels, and it always fails. Those other series, for all their flaws, managed to at least hang on for a continuous story.

I do get that, but it’s mostly for shock value. The movie is not genuinely scary, does not live up to its title as a chainsaw massacre, and the whole last half hour is full of so much screaming that it became unbearable for me. It is so overrated on these factors, really the final scene is the only one I think of fondly when thinking of this movie, as it was genuinely good and tense. The rest of it was a movie trying to be scary and really just being disturbing instead.

Either way, whatever one thinks of the original film, every attempt at a sequel, which is always a direct sequel to the original, has been an abysmal failure and has always met with poor returns critically and financially. They’re never gonna get this one right if they keep trying to start over from after the original film; this is not Halloween, it won’t work here. Let the original be its own and if you want a multi-entry franchise, reboot it entirely.

I get that it does that for most people, but it never did for me. While I like the character of Leatherface, you put him or his film up next to the first entry of the other horror greats, and there’s no comparison at all. As it is, I’ll accept that the original is a horror classic for most people. If The Exorcist and A Nightmare on Elm Street and such are The Godfather and Casablanca and such of horror, then TCM is the Maltese Falcon. I get it.

All the same, they need to quit trying to sequelize it; they’re never gonna get it.

I think they have Tom Holland making these fucking posters. This one looks like Fortnite announcement!

4 Likes

At least they almost made a decent poster that isn’t full of debris or floating heads.

There’s a bunch of Named, Charted locations on it though lol

5 Likes

That is what bugs you the most? Not the fact that the globe looks like stock graphics or the opening of a world news programme?

3 Likes

Nah I’m more concerned that the title of the movie looks more like IMAX and not Uncharted

But they certainly tried to make it a stylized poster at least!

3 Likes

The film never looked much like Uncharted to begin with if I am being entirely honest.

2 Likes

No, you’re very right about that, too.

3 Likes

Good looking space movie? :white_check_mark: yes

But… why does it need to be a Buzz Lightyear Movie… the use of Chris Evans is even more strange.

yeah, yeah, I know about Brand Recognition. But this is Disney we’re talking about here. They should be able to make an original space movie no problem.

4 Likes