Upcoming Movies Thread

This looks way better than it should…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcfbg994fu4

6 Likes

Zootopia 2
Frozen 3
Toy Story 5

all announced two weeks ago during a investors meeting with Bob Iger during the same meeting he also announced Disney+ lost 2.4 Million Subscribers and the lay off of 7000 Employees, but sequels to your favorite things are coming out so ignore the rest….consume.

6 Likes

I don’t think it qualifies as an “Upcoming” movie anymore, but Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey was gloriously bad, and I’m delighted I was able to see it. It was a lot of fun! Highly recommended!

5 Likes

I don’t know what they can even do to being back the original trilogy of amazing films, the 4th one ruined it all

1 Like

I hate to be a sticky wicket but the subscriber loss wasn’t due to Disney content, if I remember correctly it was due to Disney+/ESPN losing broadcasting rights to Asian region cricket.

1 Like

You are correct, but a majority of Disney+ Subscribers use the bundle that incorporates ESPN/Hulu. The report by Bob Iger during the investment meeting was generalized by simply labeling it as Disney+ Subscribers which he isn’t wrong about.

4 Likes

I have Disney+ because my cell phone plan came with it. I think it also comes with ESPN but I have never even attempted to use that portion of it. Were it not for a couple Disney shows which I have actually watched, I would not bother with it either. I don’t think I would pay for it separately just to watch The Mandalorian.

3 Likes

Ack, SpongeBob me boy, we are gonna be a mob outfit now!

5 Likes

C’mon, people, I know Mark Hamill could never physically embody the Joker, but all you gotta do is shave Brown bald and put him in a tux and he really could be a menacing live-action Lex Luthor! Luthor had tried to have some shady operations in Gotham before, and who would he have to deal with for such a venture? The Penguin! Wasted opportunity.

The 2D-3D animation wave expands, this time into the upcoming TMNT: Mutant Mayhem. Looks fantastic!! The texturing on all the characters make them look hand-made, almost stop-motion-like.

Also the main turtles are all relatively small-time actors, pretty cool to see leading a big IP like this.

Brady Noon as Raph (The Mighty Ducks Game Changers [2021-22], Good Boys [2019])
Nicolas Cantu as Leo (TWD: World Beyond [2020-21], The Amazing World of Gumball [2017-19])
Shamon Brown Jr. as Michelangelo (The Chi [2018-22])
Micah Abbey as Donatello (Cousins for Life [2018-19], Meet the Voxels [2022])

4 Likes

Yeah yeah yeah but you didn’t even mention the best part: Giancarlo Esposito is Baxter Stockman.

5 Likes

I regret to inform you that I am a TMNT novice so that means nothing to me.

Giancarlo is cool tho either way.

3 Likes

I means I get to see him in something not made by Ubisoft. I know little about TMNT as well but I believe Baxter is a basic evil , mad corporate scientist guy.

3 Likes

This is only cool if we get to see him as The Fly. Otherwise, Stockman is too lowly a role for G.

1 Like

Dreamworks got a lot of projects I guess! Trailer for their next animated film: Ruby Gillman, Teenage Kraken.
Looks fun! Doesn’t look really groundbreaking or particularly special, but a fun coming-of-age action film. I like the exaggerated arms and legs on the character designs.

Though it definitely looks like they’re spoiling the act 3 climax which kinda sucks. but at least it shows off that we’ll get a kraken-sized kraken scene!

5 Likes

If anyone hasn’t actually seen it, Hitman: Agent 47 will be on Hulu starting April 1.

4 Likes

So a good reason to avoid Hulu?

3 Likes

I don’t know if I’d go that far. They do have other content on their platform too…

2 Likes

Aside from John Wick 4, I’m more excited for this than anything else that I know is coming out this year.

2 Likes

Set to release in theaters sometime this Fall.

I’ve read a review saying that despite the film’s promises of queer and sapphic themes and “Carol meets Reservoir Dogs”, there’s little more than a thigh touch in the film proper. Textbook queerbaiting, if true. Hopefully AO3 will fix that.

2 Likes