Upcoming Movies Thread

That’s a good one too.

1 Like

They’re making a Gravity Rush movie!! :smile: (montage of test footage got shown off at CES)

It’s gonna be live-action :weary:

2 Likes

The masterpiece of 2024 has dropped.

4 Likes

New (international) trailer for Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire. James Acaster just straight looks like Egon from the Real Ghostbusters cartoon at 0:51.

4 Likes

I’ve yet to see a Neil Breen movie. I need to find people to watch it with first. And booze. Lots of booze.

2 Likes

He’s either a genius or a mad narcissist with delusions of grandeur. Either way, it’s a winning and wildly entertaining combination.

I’ve only seen Fateful Findings. One hopes he comes to Australia and does some screenings.

1 Like

There’s a new Megamind series coming, and a movie too! And they honestly both look terrible!
Both come out March 1 btw

I only knew of the existence of the series in development, so for nearly the whole trailer I thought this was for the show – what with it being lower budget 3D animation, but no. It’s a direct-to-TV movie. But with a series on the side too.
Oh, and none of the original cast is back either which sucks (but this whole thing looks sucky anyway) dang :frowning:

5 Likes

Hell yeah baby!

Movie just announced to come out in December 2024 too! I didn’t even know they’d finished filming it yet, huh!

4 Likes

Didn’t he say he was retiring from acting to become an artist or is this his last role in cinema either way

4 Likes

Oh?? I never heard of that, that’s interesting.

Cool that he’s taking on this project though!

“Well, I’m retiring. Yeah, probably. I’m being fairly serious,” Carrey said. “It depends. If the angels bring some sort of script that’s written in gold ink that says to me that it’s going to be really important for people to see, I might continue down the road, but I’m taking a break.”

4 Likes

It would be funny if the last movie of his career was Sonic the Hedgehog 3. What’s even funnier is that Carrey has rarely done sequels to his own movies. The only other sequels he has done is for Ace Ventura and Dumb and Dumber. Sonic the Hedgehog will be the first time he has ever done a trilogy.

Still, good for him, I don’t really blame him for wanting to retire. I’m sure Paramount threw a small mountain of money at him for him to come back. Assuming Sonic 3 adapts the Sonic Adventure 2 story, Eggman has a pretty integral part of that story, since in Shadow’s backstory Eggman’s grandfather, Gerald Robotnik, is Shadow’s creator.

3 Likes

There has been some whispering lately of a possible Ace Ventura 3 (a real one, not that direct-to-video crap), and if it goes anywhere, it would be appropriate for that to be his last one, as that role is what catapulted him into household-name status.

3 Likes

We also got this teaser and the release date of December 20th 2024. Logo is a nice callback to Sonic Adventure 2, and even a little tease of Live and Learn. Although whether or not that actually makes it into the movie is anyone’s guess. One of the previous film teasers used Emerald Hill Zone music but that never got into the final movie.

2 Likes

The Making of TLOU Part 2 documentary is out now! See it on youtube or in the PS5 game’s menu.
It’s 2 hours long.

3 Likes

Oh lol I saw that in my feed and glossed over it figuring it was a content creator compilation of brutal stabbings and headshots without crosshairs.

I’d actually like to watch this, so good looking out!

3 Likes

I don’t know if this counts as a movie but it’s realising in cinemas so I presume that it counts So Pharrel Williams is making a documentary about himself animated with Lego and it’s going to be in theatres October 11th

2 Likes

Eat the Rich. First world problem, I know, but god, immense power to crush the work of thousands of regular people in the hands of a few greedy people.
:rage:

But while each of the studios reportedly submitted “handsome offers” for the rights — with Paramount’s even including plans for a theatrical release — they all fell short of the $75–$80 million figure WBD was apparently looking for

It doesn’t sound like WBD ever really intended to allow this movie out into the world at all. In fact, Zaslav—who has tried to rehabilitate his bad reputation by positioning himself in profiles as a genuine movie lover—never even bothered to watch a cut of the film.

5 Likes

Insert and knuckles joke here

6 Likes

Good actors, bad casting.
Never played the games and have no interest in this, but the casting choices alone makes me think this is doomed to fail.

6 Likes

Ah you see for me it is Eli Roth, the producers of Uncharted and the multiple reshoots that did it for me.

5 Likes