Upgrade Paths to GOTY Edition

There’s a lot of individual threads and specific cases that boil down to: “how do I get the GOTY stuff when I already own xxx?”

Here’s one thread with the path from xxx to GOTY. Always go to the in-game store for these options.You won’t always find the below options on the various platform stores themselves.

If you still have difficulties, please reply with your country, platform, what you own and what error/issue you have.

STEAM: Complete the Bundle

PS4 or Xbox One: See below.

If you’re a completely new HITMAN player:
*Get the digital GOTY Edition. That gives you The Complete First Season and the GOTY content.

If you already own The Complete First Season, including the Bonus Episode (digital):
*Get the GOTY Upgrade. That gives you the GOTY content.

If you own at least the Intro Pack (Prologue & Paris) but not all of the individual episodes:
*Get the GOTY Upgrade (Intro Pack). That gives you whatever episodes you are missing (including the Bonus Episode) and the GOTY content.

If you own a new copy of The Complete First Season (disc):
*Get the GOTY Upgrade (disc). That gives you the GOTY content.
//
Note: You need to redeem the code/voucher in the box for the Bonus Episode to get full access to those missions and the GOTY content.

If you own a pre-owned version of The Complete First Season (disc) without a Bonus Episode code
*Option 1: You will need to acquire a code for the Bonus Episode (through Amazon, for example) and then purchase the GOTY Upgrade (disc). That gives you the GOTY content.
//
*Option 2: Get the GOTY Upgrade (disc) but you will not have access to the GOTY content that takes place within the Bonus Episode; i.e the Cheveyo Calibration Escalation / Sieger 300 Ghost unlock.
//
Option 3: Technically, another option is to get the GOTY Edition. That will give you the GOTY content.

UPDATE 2: (March 21) The issues with PS4 players in the US being unable to buy the “GOTY Upgrade (Intro Pack)” have now been fixed.

UPDATE (March 13) - If you’ve been having issues purchasing the “GOTY Upgrade (Intro Pack)” on PS4 in North America, we’ve requested a change to the set-up from Sony to make sure that anyone with the ‘Intro Pack’ (meaning you can play the ICA Facility and Paris) are able to buy this upgrade. That change will come into effect before or on the 19th March 2018.

Don't have episode
Looking to upgrade from partial but individual episodes are gone (PS4)
Cannot access?
How to play the damn game
Bonus mission access
Question about playing the last two missions
GOTY Upgrade
Purchased a used copy of Hitman: The Complete First Season, then the GOTY Disc upgrade via PSN
Question about playing the last two missions
Ripped Off By IOI
Ripped Off By IOI
Totally confused

@ampburner @Jarbinger can you guys pin this for new members?

Yes. Yes I can pin it so it’s easy to find.

Don't have episode

I own a copy of Complete Season (PS4) with all bonus episodes (bought new) through the in game store it does not allow me the option of purchasing the upgrade edition stating that I do not own the required episodes. In the PS Store I am told that I do not own the game at all.

Can’t access Summer bonus on PS4
Can’t access Summer bonus on PS4

So, Free Pack + Free Paris = Intro Pack? Is it safe to buy that for 34,99 €, when the option shows up in the xbox store?

What if I have the intro pack plus 2 episodes? Why can’t I buy the individual episodes. It’s silly to be charged twice.

Hi

Im struggling to upgrade to the GOTY edition as well. I own all of the episodes. Purchased individually as they were released yet it still says the GOTY upgrade is unavailable on the PSN store.

I did purchase the first two chapters on my old PS4 prior to upgrading to a PS4 Pro and getting the remainder. Not sure if thats an issue?

Have tried renewing licenses but thats not helped either. Do i need to own the Requiem Pack for it to work?

Confusion about upgrading to Goty and gaining access to bonus episode

Good morning
I bought 4 episodes of the game on my xbox one and would like to switch to GOTY edition, which package should choose?

platform: xbox one x

I already own The Complete First Season, including the Bonus Episode (digital):
I cant not Get the GOTY Upgrade in the ps4 store asia

platform: PS4

you are not able to find even the hitman game or upgrade in Asia store

I have just recently bought the goty edition for ps4. Never owned the game in anyway since it’s release. I’m in Australia. For some reason I got charged the full discounted amount of $53 for the complete first season and bonus missions dlc etc. yet it won’t give me access to any other level than Paris. I have completed Paris but still tells me to get access for Italy. Every time I click on PlayStation store it tells me that the content is no longer available. Why have you charged me for a full game yet I can’t access it? Will need answered a.s.a.p or I will be taking up a case with the Australian ombudsman as this is a case of fraud and false advertising.

Yes, any ownership of the ICA Facility (aka Prologue/Base Game) plus the Paris Episode (including as part of the free Holiday Pack) will allow you to buy the discounted Intro Pack Upgrade.

See the OP:

QUOTE: If you own at least the Intro Pack (Prologue & Paris) but not all of the individual episodes:
*Get the GOTY Upgrade (Intro Pack). That gives you whatever episodes you are missing (including the Bonus Episode) and the GOTY content.

Do you also have the Bonus Episode? Look at the in-game store, not the PSN Store. You don’t need Requiem to upgrade to GOTY.

As per the OP:

If you own at least the Intro Pack (Prologue & Paris) but not all of the individual episodes:

The GOTY Content is not currently available on PSN Asia. We’re working to make it available as soon as possible.

Have you tried downloading each episode individually from the in-game store? Think of each episode as ‘DLC’. You need to download and install it before you can play it. Try looking for them directly on the PSN home page/dash directly too.

Cheers for the reply.

I don’t appear to have the Bonus Episode and it says it’s unavailable if I go to the ingame store. How can I get hold of it?

That puts you into this category:

Ahh okay. That’s a bit disappointing, so I have to essentially rebuy episodes 2,3,4,5 & 6 as part of the full GOTY pack (rather than the GOTY upgrade) because I’m missing the bonus episode?

Read the above posts from yewone and I’m having the same issue. Why would I need to pay another 60 bucks for all the episodes I have just to get the last two?

Apparently it also applies if you bought the FULL EXPERIENCE but missed the summer bonus episode (even though it would have been free) you now have to rebuy everything, seems fair /s

You don’t. The “GOTY Upgrade (Intro Pack)” isn’t $60. It’s closer to $35 (I don’t have the exact USD price to hand). Check the in-game store for the exact price.

If you bought the FULL EXPERIENCE, as it was called back then, or if you bought the Complete First Season - both of them include the Bonus Episode. If that’s the case, you only need to get the GOTY Upgrade for the GOTY Content.

You need to get the GOTY Upgrade Intro Pack that gives you whatever episodes you’re missing. In your case, it’ll be the Bonus Episode plus the GOTY content.

I am missing the summer bonus (I never downloaded it because I didn’t know it was a thing) it is not in my library or media despite having bought the full experience. It is no longer in the ps store so I can not download it now. So my only option as it stands is to buy the GOTY edition for 35$(ish) instead of the upgrade (11$) because I’m missing what essentially was supposed to be a free episode for me.

You need to talk with Sony about that not being there. Have you looked through the in-game store and trying to download it from there?

Also, what date is listed on the HITMAN and Upgrade Pack icons on that list?