Urben's Escalation Pack (not for real sadly)

Added them to the OP, thanks! :slight_smile:

Anyone else tried to play them?

I definitely will get around to them at some point, but I went back to school last week and it’s been crazy busy. Thanks for doing them and sharing them with us, they look absolutely brilliant!

I’ll be honest, I tried the first one and it (metaphorically) kicked my ass, I’m not good enough to beat them. :'c

Most of them require alot of map knowledge. With that there are slow and more secure approaches possible. But yes, it is hard. :wink:

Well, it was enjoyable anyways. You really know how to make a tough contract, and I applaud you for it :slight_smile:

I tried the Paris one and just went for the 3rd “Level”… I think I know what you’re referring to by “compound explosive” but I’m not for certain, and I don’t want to say… I couldn’t get the guy next to the window (if I try again, I’ll bring an audio distraction to draw him over) then shoot the CE from the other side of the glass while on the ledge.

I think the “compound explosive” is the one from Sapienza, the cannon fuel or something like that.

Your idea is not wrong, it is just the explosive compound you can unlock in Hokkaido. Also you are allowed to KO NPCs. :wink:

Question: by standing on a ledge, do you mean that I have to put the explosive compound, then jump off the window and then shoot at it so that it explodes? Becausd every time I tried to do that, the guards would be alerted, and then, like I said before, “kicked my ass”. :'c

I dont want to tell you what you have to do. All I say is you have to stand on a ledge. The post of Parsime shows a solution behind the Summary spoiler.

Oh, okay. Thanks anyways.

Oh, I get it now… When I first read it, I was so confused :s

I couldn’t resist that first one, @Urben. I went straight for level 3. Loved it! What a great complication. I managed to figure out a route where I only had to subdue the target too.

Escalation: Urben’s Magic Powder - Level 3 (4.02)

Can’t believe nearly a week’s gone by since remaking these. :scream: I’ll try and find some time to play the others over the next day or two, as this was great.

The run of Level 3 is a prototype and a bit rough around the edges – still SA, but would potentially need a bit of work (or kill cam!) to make sure it met the restrictions. Good shiz though @Urben, hopefully more actual customization like this in-game soon enough.

Well done you two :+1:
@Ed_ll3 Sadly engine-wise your last kill would be registered as Proximity Duck, I tested such stuff alot with FEs and it seems to be always work this way. :confused:

Thought that might be the case; is that because the target is walking into any type of proximity blast and the radius? So it would only work in this instance by triggering the chain with the target KO’d?

What I mean is, if I used the same strat with a different prox explosive, would it make a difference? I’m guessing it’s a ‘no’. :laughing:

I have an actual idea why it could be the case here. But I am not sure you want to read a paragraph of math. If you do tell me. Otherwise I dont think it matters which proximity explosive you use.

I’m way more literature than maths, but that said I’d still be interested to hear what would stop a well spaced explosive—compound—target setup from working as a compound kill.

I was thinking how unused it is compared to other items: not sure when or even if I’ve used it for anything much prior to this escalation.

Here you go:

Click to show science

Let’s imagine a triangle of the three things that matter here: The target, the proximity explosive which is triggered by the target, and the secondary explosive which is triggered by the proximity explosive.
The sides represent the direct travel path of the explosions. This image should make it somewhat clear:

First image before the proximity explosive is triggered. Second one the proximity explosive was triggered and it’s blast reaches the secondary explosive. Third picture the target dies - by the proximity explosive.
While playing with the camera tool mod on PC I noticed, when in slow motion, that the blast is actually not instant but takes time to grow from the explosive’s center.

If we assume that the blasts of all explosives have the same travel time, it becomes clear why we cannot kill targets with the secondary explosives. The sides a and b would need to be shorter than c. But this is impossible. The two shorter sides of a triangle combined can never be shorter than the longest side. They can only be equal if the two angles at the longest side are 0°.

Practical result: not possible.
Theoretical result: If you could place them on an exact line within a developer map editor, it is possible to make the blasts reach the target at the same time, resulting in a “maybe possible”. But maybe there is a delay between “Secondary explosive triggered” and “Secondary explosive blowing up”. In which case it is impossible in any way.

EDIT: Oh wait it MIGHT be possible if the proximity triggering reach is bigger than the explosion reach. But I never saw that being the case.