Welcome to the new server

So welcome to the new server.

It’s currently a little short on images but I worked out the workaround for that and broken links should be fixed within the next few days.

Images to be restored do include your avatars - so if you change those in the next day or so they may get restored to the previous image, and you should have no problem posting new images.

frantic-typing-laptop

All of them are backed up on two separate hard drives, just uploading them across the word is fun and games when you’re in New Zealand.

Once the DNS is widely propagated I will check in on the status of the link to the old server/resources.

Have fun!

23 Likes

You’re a true master @Jarbinger Only one down reported by hitmanstat.us, impressive ! Thank you for your work mate :tada:

5 Likes

Thank goodness I didn’t even realize I was under that pressure. :laughing:

That would probably have been when I had to tell the server to do a rebuild so that it didn’t keep thinking it was on the testing server I was using for… everything.

2 Likes

Loving the new minimalist aesthetic

7 Likes

It won’t last. :laughing: That is largely a side effect of there being no convenient way to transfer images except as massive tar.gz files (well massive when you have as many uploads as we do).

Mostly I figured you guys would rather have the forum running again than be waiting on my connection.

4 Likes

True, i think most of us can live with what we have so far, it’s way better than not have a forum to log in to :wink: and your worst case scenario didn’t happen, the downtime was very short, so good job @jarbinger :grinning:.

2 Likes

Less than 2 minutes :clap:

3 Likes

Hahaha, was it that short!? After the forum went into read only mode yesterday, I didn’t try to log in until today :flushed: :joy:.

2 Likes

It’s nice to have a new place but took me some time to find a pics that would upload for the profile. Hopefully it’s a temporary thing.

2 Likes

Thanks for caring bruh. Keep up the good work!! :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Old avatars should be appearing now, and all images we have should be on the server.

7 Likes

And it does, i just changed to Don Guiseppe Guilliani now and it work like it should again :+1: :grinning:.

1 Like

Glad to be back

2 Likes

For some reason hitmanforum loads faster now on my end than before. Thanks for the improvement @Jarbinger. :+1:

3 Likes

There are a few tweaks that should help smooth the experience from the end user perspective - largely in the hopes it will keep things more sustainable when traffic escalates.

A special thanks to @Hardware for helping out with some of the post migration fine tuning.

2 Likes

@Jarbinger I made this account because I am unable to sign in with my main account logging in through google. It started from when you did the server change. The pop up box refers to an API issue.

2 Likes

Would you be able to send me a screenshot of the pop-up?

2 Likes

@Jarbinger

2 Likes

Can you try giving it another go and let me know how it goes?

2 Likes