What are you eating or cooking?

Pretty Excited about this one. First time making Japanese Okinomiyaki. So delicious. Made with Shrimp.

12 Likes

The food always looks delicious, but on top of that, your presentation is just top notch. Sometimes I try to remember to take a min and make it look the way you might when we have guests over.

1 Like

Thanks so much. Appreciate it.

1 Like

Did you get inspired from when I made it not to long ago on the old forum? also it’s awesome. Also the sauce in itself is easy to make, I don’t think you need a premade one :wink:

1 Like

Post some pics. I don’t recall sorry. Yeah my son loves Japan and it’s our dream to save enough money and go visit. So for now he sends me recipes once a week and street food he wants to make and we go out buy the ingredients and prepare it together. Grating the yam was weird. It was very slimy.

I agree completely. I do like to buy the prepared first time out. Especially this brand Otafuku been around for like 40-50 years. Then I copy it and make it myself.

Go go go go go!!! I love Japan. I have only been to Tokyo and Narita. Narita is a smaller city outside Tokyo that is home to one of Tokyo’s 2 major aero ports (like Newark is to NY). When you decide it’s time to go for it let me know, and I can give you a couple hints for Tokyo (one of them is to actually stop in Narita and see the temple if possible).

2 Likes

I’ll try and see what I can dig up in the archives, but I made it less then a month ago or so :slight_smile:

I’m actually saving up right now so that me and my significant other can go to Japan in the coming year.

3 Likes

:warning: cation: Further derailment ahead, but it’s about food at least.

Will either of you be trying the fugu? There isn’t really a way to be touristy about it. No street vendors with it :joy:. It’s a couple bucks, you usually have to be dressed smartly (some places won’t allow westerners), and to help keep tourists out lots of restaurants that serve it require a min purchase per person who enters so that 5 Americans can’t come in to split 1 dish and get their Instagram on.

2 Likes

I probably would lean towards yes. I’m sure I’ll make a list of top 5 restaurants I want to go to as well. Once in a lifetime chance.

1 Like

Since I greatly dislike fish, except Swedish Fish. I’m going to that’s a firm no.

1 Like

Ok @Norseman Searched the old forum and your 186 posts. Great reminder of burgers ramen Pop tarts!!

Anyhow here it is!!!

Nov 15

A Japanse cabbage pancake called Okonomiyaki served with mayonnaise and Okonomiyaki sauce. Chicken breast on the side.

IMG_20201115_173845

11 Likes

This is for anyone who wants to copy your posts from same topic over.

I use the forum on my phone so I can’t do it. If anyone wants to copy their posts over that would be great. I am all for starting fresh but there is a lot of great posts so thanks to everyone!!

Stuffed Bell Pepper

9 Likes

Yum. What’s in the stuffing?

1 Like

Rice, ground beef, onion, etc. basically a modified version of my taco meat with topped with mozzarella cheese and Herbs.

2 Likes

Last Pizza of 2020. Sicilian. :scream:

15 Likes

@Frote7 and me tried to make Oliebollen (traditional Dutch food: deepfried balls of dough you have around NY) for the first time ourselves for New Year’s and they turned out pretty amazing :heart::relieved:

14 Likes

I made mushroom chicken farfalle with a white wine mascarpone sauce.

Did I have this for breakfast? Maybe :shushing_face:

13 Likes

They look great. I know them as zeppoles!

1 Like

Thank you, they tasted amazing :star_struck: just googled zeppoles and that seems to be the same concept :yum: