What book did you last read / are currently reading?

If you’re reading a book and you want to recommend it to HMF or discuss it, this is the place to do so.

I’m reading The Blind Owl by Sadeq Hedayat at the moment. It’s a surreal novel and from what I’ve heard it has apparently influenced David Lynch in making Lost Highway but I haven’t watched that yet. Will give it a watch after finishing the book.

So what about you? Any recommendations?

Winter of the world by Ken Follet

High Price by Carl Hart

I begin to read Stephen King’s Revival

[quote]A dark and electrifying novel about addiction, fanaticism, and what might exist on the other side of life.

In a small New England town, over half a century
ago, a shadow falls over a small boy playing with his toy soldiers.
Jamie Morton looks up to see a striking man, the new minister. Charles
Jacobs, along with his beautiful wife, will transform the local church.
The men and boys are all a bit in love with Mrs. Jacobs; the women and
girls feel the same about Reverend Jacobs—including Jamie’s mother and
beloved sister, Claire. With Jamie, the Reverend shares a deeper bond
based on a secret obsession. When tragedy strikes the Jacobs family,
this charismatic preacher curses God, mocks all religious belief, and is
banished from the shocked town.

Jamie has demons of his own. Wed to his guitar from
the age of 13, he plays in bands across the country, living the nomadic
lifestyle of bar-band rock and roll while fleeing from his family’s
horrific loss. In his mid-thirties—addicted to heroin, stranded,
desperate—Jamie meets Charles Jacobs again, with profound consequences
for both men. Their bond becomes a pact beyond even the Devil’s
devising, and Jamie discovers that revival has many meanings.[/quote]

And after this i have in plans Patrick Süskind’s Perfume: The Story of a Murderer.

2 Likes

Earths Children: The mammoth hunters.

So my Chinese Cartoon books finally turned up, been looking forward to getting home to read these.

Sorry for thread necromancy :confused:

I’m reading ‘The Umbrella Conspiracy’ from S.D. Perry again. Its the official Book for the first Resident Evil Game, and normally most of the “Videgame-books” are total crap (like the books about Hitman) but the Books from S.D. Perry about Resident Evil are just great ^^

Just read “Straight White Male” by John Niven, which was okay, but not as good as “The Amateurs”. In the light of the fact that “Kill Your Friends” was a blatant copy of “American Psycho”, I’ll cross Niven off my list.

James Sallis’ “The Long-Legged Fly” and Donald Ray Pollock’s “The Devil All The Time” were in my easter basket, can’t wait.

American Psycho is my Favorite Book ^^

If you like the setting in Hitman, you’d also like the books about Victor the assassin by Tom Wood, and Will Robie series by David Baldacci

Rendezvous With Rama by Arthur C. Clarke, and The Sirius Mystery by Robert Temple.

Carl Sagan - The Demon-Haunted World

:grin:

1 Like

The Chilcot Report
(20 chars)

https://www.amazon.com/Tower-Swallows-Witcher-Andrzej-Sapkowski/dp/0316273716

It’s rather odd having played the Witcher games that follow the book series before actually reading the books, but they’re not finished Werth the English translations yet. Also:
https://www.amazon.com/Meathead-Science-Great-Barbecue-Grilling/dp/054401846X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1471546684&sr=1-1&keywords=Meathead

During my ban i readed shit like Mein Kampf(because im interested in WW2 and History) and The Communist Manifesto.

This is my new project

:sunglasses:

I’m reading 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

Currently reading Darktower by Stephen King, the 4-th book of 7, and re-reading the Stainless Steel Rat by Harry Harrison. The former in English, the latter in Russian.

1 Like

I’m currently reading the Oxford English Dictionary. I’ve been reading it for three years. Great book. 10/10

1 Like

Duma Key by Stephen King. I’ve read most of his stuff, but hadn’t read this one. Nearing the last quarter of the book and quite enjoying it.