What cancelled games are you most sad about and would like to see made?

Silent Hills. It pains me that this was not only to be the first Silent Hill game in a decade, but also one that returned back to SH’s original roots. The early demo was a one of a kind experience and it’s a major bummer we didn’t get a full release.

This one especially makes me sad. I loved playing Timesplitters when I was younger and remember the rumors of a 4th one being in the works. The character designs are still to this day some of my favorites.

1 Like

Not only that, Konami has actively tried to suppress the demo and done everything they can to stop people from being able to play it. Konami truly are the worst

1 Like

Ha, tell me about it. They had everything. From big stone things to little apes, monsters, fish in tanks and ginger bread men. :smile: The variety they had!

The game modes were superbly done. I had fun long after i finished the main game. In fact way more. I remember they had cheat codes in the game. One was for human gun sounds. This had me in tears, everyone running around making these stupid sounds. This was absolutely hilarious. Good times.

1 Like

This topic immediately reminds me of Triad Wars, a supposed sequel/spin-off of Sleeping Dogs. The game would be a multiplayer title, unlike the single player SD.

I’d like to imagine the game would be a rival of the popular GTA Online. It would be like both being a multiplayer crime themed open-world MMO, but with different game mechanisms, focuses, and cities that the games set in.

To be honest, I’ve never played any of the games from True Crime series except Sleeping Dogs. But SD is known for its memorable story moments and its excellent melee fighting system, so I’d like to see them return in future games. Sadly that never happened, but Wei Shen’s adventure and pork buns will never be forgotten by the game’s fans. :dumpling::chopsticks:

5 Likes

Friday The 13th The Game -

Alrighty, yes. This game did come out, but unfortunately it’s content release cycle was cut short with plenty of things that were finished left to be unreleased. This happened due to a Lawsuit between Victor Miller and Horror Inc where after a specific deadline nothing F13 Related couldn’t be released since it would be considered new. Victor Miller has been trying to get the rights to the original films scripts for awhile now since originally he sold it to Sean S Cunningham a long time ago.

The cancellation of all this content left me burned solely because the developers decided to push out a Unreal Engine 4 Update instead of actual content as one of the last updates.

Here is a list of Official Content left unreleased.

• Collectible Photos

• Various Emotes

• Updated Counselor Clothing Packs for DLC Counselors.

• Slumber Party Clothing Pack

• Space Clothing Pack

• Weapons (Sledge Hammer, PT.8 Electric Guitar, Retro Axe)

• Various Jason Kill Packs ( Savini Jason, Part 9, Part 8, Part 6, Part 5, Part 3)

• Retro Jason being implemented. (Was released as a PT.3 skin, but was planned to be a independent Jason)

• Uber Jason (Jason X)

• Kay-Em Hunter (meant a to replace Tommy Jarvis for Grendal)

• Grendal (Jason X Space Map)

• Lazarus Experience (Virtual Cabin 3 meant to reveal the Manhattan Map)

• Manhattan Map (PT 8)

• Sandbox Mode

• LAN Support

• Paranoia Game Mode

As you can see a lot of content was planned, but was never released.

3 Likes

This thread works wonders! Not even a whole month later and i got my wish it seems. :smile:

4 Likes

Oh my gosh yes. This is fantastic news!

1 Like

Banjo-threeie and this isn’t a cancelled game but Lego dimensions stopped getting updates way to quickly there was going to be a shrek level a James Bond level a mega man one etc so it may not be a cancelled game but nevertheless It sucks it was cancelled

1 Like