Curated Contracts - (WINNODD's) Puzzle Box - October 2023

Ah, interesting, so the animation starts when there is another guard in the room… will try it out.

Thanks to WINNODD for picking my contract.:blush:

6 Likes

Just watched it and I had no idea about this pistols combo.

Anyhoo, this was my mentally ill run:

5 Likes

Damn, ICA19 close torso is 60, far torso is 20, Homemade close torso is 19.2 dmg. This is so clean. I used the good old Homemade 1 torso 5 arm combo and shot him in the water where he stands but slowly to avoid knocking him down and drowning. Got 1:24.

6 Likes

Is this the intended solution of the Chongqing one propane contract?

Btw, can you actually exit via the train in Mumbai if you set the trap for the target who jumps off of it? I remember experimenting with it like a year ago and I couldn’t do it because the objective marked as completed only after the cutscene ends and you only get a prompt to exit on train during the cutscene. Did that changed?

4 Likes

Just finished this batch of Featured Contracts. Only two of them drove me crazy.

The most annoying one was “No Collateral” in Mumbai. This took me the longest to do (25 mins) because in the end, after multiple attempts to clear the track, I decided to just knock out everyone by luring them all with the fuse box. It’s not a hard contract, I just found it boring. I have since seen people do this in just over 2 mins and it’s very impressive to watch.

The other one I didn’t like was “Go Bananas Over Quartz Tan” in Haven Island. I know the combinations of shots to make the Banana kill the guy, but trying to hit this guy in the arm five times while he’s waving them around was a nightmare on controller. Add the time limit in and this was not fun for me. I did do it in the end after around 30 minutes of trial and error (a lot of error).

Overall the rest of these contracts were pretty fun. Nothing too complicated or annoying.

3 Likes

It’s a very good thing (for me) that the objectives are optional…

3 Likes

Pretty much yes. The propane was used on the cook and the guard gets killed by one of the motorcycles downstairs. There’s just more than one way to do it.

Yes

And for those who had troubles with the Mumbai contract. Here is how I found who to remove from the track.
Play Mumbai in contract creation mode and mark whoever died in the train crash and publish. The casualties may differ depending on… well I’ll leave that part to you. Just beware it’s not that random and it’s not hard to figure out.
The point is once you had that contract you can replay it until you know how to set up, and there’s no tricks at this part really.

1 Like

I managed to kill the guy with accident and exit via the train with just 1 NTK. I haven’t tried setting up non accident kill for him though.

The thing about that contract in Mumbai is I have already experimented with it like 2 years ago looking at old discord conversations but back then I remember very well it was impossible to kill him and exit via the train because the objective marked as completed only after the cutscene ended.
I wanted to make a contract with him as the target and train as required exit. And back then we basically came to the conclusion it’s an impossible contract. This has changed since then and I’m curious when exactly.
Now setting the same accident kill for him the objective marked as completed during the cutscene and in one run I got a single frame with the prompt to exit on train. Another try basically spamming the button during the cutscene to exit and it works. I wonder what happened that it’s now possible but wasn’t possible earlier.

Btw, regarding Explosion Limits contract in Dubai, the top time is 15s on Epic, how is that even possible? Getting to the targets from suit start would take longer than that.

2 Likes

The Dubai one… 3 targets, 1 explosion?

Is it done via throwing an impact explosive at the ceiling? Because I did blow up the wait-staff guy with a phone by the elevator and it KO’d the target above him sitting in his chair. Or perhaps it’s related to the elevator shaft. :thinking:

I only did it with 3 separate explosives. 2 breaching charges for the guards, and explosive phone for wait-staff. :baby:

3 Likes

I would have never thought of that on my own. Like who would even expect it to trigger Smith and other prisoner to move? I still don’t understand why that even happens.

I accidentally got a guard inside the room after I opened the cage and as I was trying to bump into Smith to keep him in place all 3 of them basically ended occupying the same space phasing through each other. So then I just tried to get the guard in and get him KOd while I keep Smith in place.
If this wasn’t the actual intended solution then I have no idea how anyone would figure out the weird RFID stuff.

3 Likes

Afaik exit in crashing cutscene always works for me. Maybe you had connection problem or anything I have no idea :skull:
And according to the creator the top time for Dubai contracts was 39s. No idea for 15s run. But I’m interested since you brought it up now. :thinking:

40s is possible,but 15s…just like u said,get to target is longer than that

1 Like

I did it with a single explosive and Event Security start. I’m pretty sure this was not the intended solution :joy:

Yeah, 15s sounds suspicious. The only thing I can think of is violin boost from suit start to get to targets faster but that’s already 2 item slots and need to reach the smuggle point to get the explosive and even then it’s not enough time to get 3 targets together.

2 Likes

0:00-0:20 Charles Blake’s Speech Run (1:09) SA/SO Featured Contract by Lviolinve @Lviolinve
2:08-2:23 The BlockSmith (0:58) SA/AO Featured Contract by ICA_677 @677
3:54-4:16 Stone Hail (1:42) SA/AO Featured Contract by Catcafe
6:39-6:59 A Castle Full of Accidents (1:14) SA/SO/AO Featured Contract by Ninety
9:06-9:22 Non-ExistentExplosive (1:29) SA/AO Featured Contract by yo-uquan @youquan
11:35-11:55 String Theocracy (1:38) SA/SO Featured Contract by RotWitcher @RotWitcher
14:16-14:32 Go Bananas over Quartz Tan (0:58) SA Featured Contract by Quartz_tan @Quartz_tan
15:57-16:18 Strange Tales: Fatal Error (2:10) SA/SO Featured Contract by Lviolinv
19:25-19:47 Explosion Limits (0:53) SA/SO/EDO Featured Contract by ICA_677
21:34-21:49 No Collateral? No Problem! (2:19) SA/UA Featured Contract by SASO @THAT
24:42-25:02 Last Bomb Standing (0:50) SA/EDO Featured Contract by WINNODD @WINNODD

7 Likes

That’s way too complicated when you could simply use the propane on the guard, then coin the cook near a car and chain a micro explosive into it :x

Anyway this batch is kind of a mixed bag. The two Sgail contracts were very good, but that banana contract has no place in FCs IMO. That’s more of a meme than a puzzle. I still can’t understand the Mumbai contract but I doubt it will be pleasant either :confused:

2 Likes

I’ve had some fun with the Chongqing contract. Even tried using the Tripwire mine to detonate the bikes for the cook accident kill. What I ended up doing is - I used the propane on the guard, got the cook moving, sniped the bike with the rooftop Leviathan and exited in 2:06 - could shave off a few seconds though. Getting the guard to move and propane bombing the stationary cook is obviously a faster approach, but I’m still proud of my time.

2 Likes

Oooh WINNODD that’s an unexpected pick, good on IO for picking someone who I know always comes up with interesting contracts! I’ve been very busy etc lately but will definitely get around to logging in some point to see what’s in the batch :eyes:

Congrats on the pick and those who were featured

6 Likes

You’re probably going to like the Ambrose one. XD

1 Like

I saw daytime Ambrose made it into the thumbnail :sweat_smile:

1 Like