What if Diana wasn't *real?

What?? Please explain! I don’t remember 47 ever thinking about killing himself. What am I missing?

1 Like

We know he drinks - several blending in points in WoA have him downing wine non-stop from an eternally refilling glass - but the idea of 47 letting himself get inebriated from alcohol, if he even physically can, is ludicrous.

There is a giant difference between 47 drinking some wine on a mission in order to blend in and ordering a bottle of whiskey to his hotel room where he will be drinking all by himself. The drinking on assignment is just part of his job which often involves acting. He’s pretending to belong to whatever setting the mission is in.

Despite really enjoying good whiskey, I can make no argument why he would order a bottle of it if he was unable to get drunk. Without the boozy part it just wouldn’t be anyones choice of drink. He likely needs more of it to get drunk than you or I, but he is human and he can get drunk.

1 Like

Just watch the Cutscene in the beginning of Hunter and Hunted, yeah he turns it around into something badass but starts like hes going to unalive himself.

Also i think he’s not drinking water there.

2 Likes

Technically, he didn’t order a bottle; the motel manager offered to bring one to his room, so he could pour his own drink as much as he wanted and drink in peace. No indication 47 was going to empty the bottle. And, similar to Captain America, I suspect that by the time a large amount of alcohol would need to get 47 to the level of actual drunkenness, his enhanced metabolism would have already broken it down. I doubt Ort-Meyer would have wanted soldier capable of becoming intoxicated, especially if they’re drinking to blend in.

1 Like

I’m with ya on Ortmeyer maybe not wanting him to be able to intoxicated but he also likely would have preferred if he didn’t bleed or get hurt too. Just not within his powers to make it happen.

Even assuming he wouldn’t empty the bottle (and with the week he had had up to that point why wouldn’t anyone? :joy:), he still ordered it in a way that says he’s a drinker. Coupled with other parts of Absolution showing him drink and the part of Contracts that @MrOchoa just pointed out, it’s clear to me 47 drinks and can get drunk. But if in your head he can’t then that’s cool too. Part of what made this franchise so fun in the beginning was 47 being such a blank slate and having so much mystery to him.

Side note: I’m going back to check, but I actually think poisons hit him worse than other humans. I believe drinking emetic will kill him. If that’s the case it might be that alcohol affects him more than us normal people.
Edit: no I remembered that wrong. He can throw down a shot of emetic without even puking. He just gets a bit dizzy for a second.

1 Like

This actually makes me think to the point where my brain hurts. ID you’re logic is correct, then that means Mendoza Diana is an ‘imaginary person’ who 47 sees communicating with his targets and Providence. This then could lead down a rabbit-hole of; “Everything in the Hitman franchise is in 47’s head”, “47 has illusions of his targets and Diana”, and a ton more. Definitely a fun and time-consuming theory.

2 Likes

47 is a 38 year old man who lives in his parents basement, never had a girlfriend, and has a go nowhere job, but wow! What and imagination :joy:

4 Likes

I had no idea 47 was my cousin, Benny! :exploding_head:

4 Likes

That reminded me of Outsidexbox joking about why 47 would have such specific goals in escalations

2 Likes

He’s one to mess with your minds: “what if Agent 47 wasn’t real?”
:joy:

1 Like

Diana isn’t real.

47 isn’t real either.

It’s all secretly a videogame.

9 Likes