‘Kind of mission’ is a very broad question so I don’t really mean locations. I think the actual mechanics/objectives of the level are a much bigger deal than the set dressing that is the location. So here’s what the past games have done.
In the main campaign of Hitman 2016 we got
- 2x One Target (Training, Final Test)
- 4x Two Targets (Paris, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Hokkaido)
- 1x Two Targets + Objective (Sapienza)
- 1x Four Targets (Colorado)
In additional Hitman 2016 content we got
- 2x One Target (Icon, Landslide)
- 1x One Target + Objective (Vector)
- 2x Two Targets (Source, Patient Zero)
- 2x Two Targets + Objective (AHBOS, Author)
However most of the Patient Zero missions added a new twist; the targets meet and one will leave; sniper mission; a virus can infect NPCs and make them targets.
Then Hitman 2 came along with (including main mission DLC)
- 1x One Target (Hawkes)
- 1x One Target + Objective (NY)
- 1x Two Targets (Miami)
- 2x Two Targets + Objective (Whittleton, Sgail)
- 3x Three Targets (Santa Fortuna, Mumbai, Haven)
So Hitman 2 definitely veered from 2016’s predominantly basic two target missions. Also; Mumbai introduced a hidden target (similar to The Fugitive ET); New York introduced alternative objectives (retrieve the data from the vault or 2 additional NPCs).
The were also special assignments and sniper missions in Hitman 2
- 3x One Target (Mumbai, Miami, Whittleton)
- 1x One Target + Objective (Santa Fortuna)
- 1x Two Targets (Siberia)
- 2x Three Targets (Himmelstein, Hantu)
Though the special assignments weren’t a lot more than permanent ETs for the most part.
So the question is what do think or want from missions from Hitman 3? It’s already inferred from the Dubai trailer there will be two targets. But would seeing as this is the close of the trilogy will we hunt the Partners in one target missions?
There’s also be a lot of ETs across both games where in cases IO has tried out new mechanics. So are there any special mechanics would like to see?