What locations in Freelancer are you looking forward to most?

Ah. I saw it highlight in instinct but didn’t touch it because I thought it would serve no point.

1 Like

I haven’t played it yet despite having the mod, are you saying that New York has extra merces in the vault for you to get?

3 Likes

Yip.‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎

2 Likes

Nice, but you’d hope they wouldn’t have that spawn every single time you go there, or you’ll just pick a New York campaign any time you want money!

3 Likes

You have to contend with the RNG of getting it in a contract, which surprisingly, even with 8 syndicates to choose from, it isn’t always there - maybe they weighted it.

The payout also isn’t particularly spectacular unless you get lucky so I wouldn’t consider it particularly unbalanced. If you’re really lucky you get about half the value of an epic/legendary weapon.

2 Likes

When you really think about it, Agent 47’s secret lair is sort of like Barbie’s Dreamhouse, except that it’s filled with various things used to kill people instead of plastic shoes, hair brushes (that for some reason are often half as tall as Barbie), and lots of trendy outfits. But besides those things, it’s just like it. Almost identical actually. Come to think of it, Agent 47 has some pretty trendy outfits too. So scratch that from the “differences” list.

On a side note, Barbie really digs how Agent 47’s bald head is just as smooth and shiny as Ken’s…well…you know…general “man-part region.” That’s what I heard anyway. I wouldn’t personally know of course. I’ve never played with Barbie dolls. (I much prefer Bratz dolls, those sassy little plastic hood rat vixens!)

Okay…fine…I have played with Skipper a time or two, but like I told Chris Hansen, I swear I didn’t know she was underage! I only came over to warn her to look out for creepy online predators. I swear that was the first time I ever did that. Honest. Okay…fine (again)…it was the first time that week. Same difference.

Wait…What were we talking about? Oh yeah…Agent 47’s secret lair looks pretty cool. I hope he also has a pink Corvette, jacuzzi with real working bubble jets, and his own pet shop.

5 Likes

I’m personally looking forward to playing probably more of Paris, some NY & probably Isle of Sgáil or Mendoza

2 Likes

What level you most want to play in Freelancer?

Me -Dubai and Chonqing

3 Likes

This thread already exists

An admin will make your thread self destruct in ten seconds (I assume)

2 Likes

ICA Yacht.

It wont be included, I’m sure, but I want it.

1 Like

the level i want to play is haven island and dubai

2 Likes

Hawke’s Bay, but it’s missing in Freelancer :pensive:
They could add it back and put a “The Politician” spin on it, for example.

2 Likes

Chongqing Mumbai Sapienza Haven Island

I waiting the most

(Mumbai and Sapienza was amazing for the leader)

1 Like

I think the most intresting will be Chongqing Noodle Massacre (too bad its just in peacock)
Could be intresting to see how the leaders combine with the Red Dragon and Blue Lotus and if the red dragon and blue lotus run away the mission will finish?
I guess not . And hope .

1 Like

Would be interested to see a follow up poll now people have played them

I reckon some maps didn’t turn out as great as many were expecting in Freelancer. Especially when no suspects in Chongqing roam the streets :frowning:
And wondering how much people actually like NY Freelancer, or Mumbai

2 Likes

Yeah I was really looking forwards to Chongqing, but it turned out to be pretty meh in the end, and it’s an absolutely terrible map for showdowns since the map’s really segmented into a lot of different trespass zones and suspects completely ignore that. Not to mention that the assassins / lookouts are just generic street guys who look completely out of place in the facility.

New York’s decent, although the extra NPCs in the basement are super annoying when one of the targets is there. Robbing the vault now requires an extra crowbar but there’s one just in the adjacent parking so it’s not particularly harder, I abused the map a lot to get some free money when restarting campaigns :smiley:

I actually like Mumbai in Freelancer and think its reputation is kinda underserved… Although I really don’t like it when I have to deal with Crows, they’re still pretty annoying.

3 Likes

Can’t remember your situation but Noodle Massacre is definitely 5x better, has that more casual urban feeling (in my opinion)

2 Likes

New York’s probably my favorite map in Freelancer (and one of my top 5 in general). Even with the added NPCs, it’s still really easy (albeit a bit time-consuming) to get to the vault and open it, and it’s the easiest way to get rich quick in the mode. It’s also still easy to isolate people in the upstairs bathroom where the guy does cocaine.

Mumbai’s also great, because it’s quick and easy to get into all of the major locations. I’d say the most annoying map is Chongqing, especially when you have a target on the bottom floor of the ICA facility. Santa Fortuna isn’t great either. I especially hate how the coca workers are resting outside the building with the machine instead of working inside like they are the majority of the time in the main mission.

6 Likes

Miami definitely turned out to be the best showdown map IMO, as most targets are relatively easy to access and there are a few civilian disguises (such as the race Marshall outfit) that give you access to effectively every area of interest. Whittleton creek isn’t half bad either just because its a smaller map.

As for maps that are good for normal syndicate missions, I find that Hokkaido, Dartmoor, Whittleton Creek, Isle of Sgail, Sapienza, and New York are good for it. Mendoza isn’t half bad either. They definetely were more careful with how targets are selected in Mendoza and Dartmoor, so it never really feels overwhelming.

As for maps I think are bad there’s:
Colorado (surprising nobody) as the alarms go off to easily, everybody has a view of everybody and messing up has much larger consequences.

Santa Fortuna is a pain just because targets are often times halfway across the map from each other, and you mainly use guard disguises to access places, making the alerted version a pain. Mumbai also suffers from this to some extent

Haven likes to give you targets in the gym area, and I still haven’t really found clean ways to deal with that yet. The exits are definitely nice and easy though

Berlin often times gives you an NPC thats just in the middle of everything. I also think the game is primed to give you the florida man as a target, making this worse.

Ambrose island also REALLY struggles with this, I think they didn’t put much effort into target selection for this map, because you’ll get people that you’ll just have no idea how to kill without drawing attention to yourself and there’s not even really clean shots for them if you want to be low effort about it. Also it’s made me realize how packed and annoying the tower end of the militia camp is

Bangkok is also just meh in general, I think that lies more with the general design of the map more than anything else

3 Likes

Still Colorado. Love the tension.