Yes to both @MrButtons and @Tiki2970.
Blood Money had the option to garrote and syringe a sitting target, and while it’s very annoying that we can’t do the same in WoA, IOI at least gave us the option to subdue/neck snap some sitting NPCs (some don’t have the option, inexplicably).
And the dual Silverballers, and all their functions (dual shooting, best shown in Absolution as one-after-the-other instead of simultaneously like the previous games), point shooting, human shield at will rather than during a fake surrender, and the ability to knockout or “throw” the NPC when done with them (knocked out quite a few by “throwing” then head-first into walls in Blood Money).
Slow/Delayed Acting Poison.
(hem ether brand neurotoxin)
Acts the same way as the lethal poison, but instead of having the target drop dead in the moment, they just continue on their routine.
In universe they would be truly eliminated only after 47 exit, later in the day.
In gameplay they would still be considered eliminated. But they would just continue their loop. If the poisoning happens during a meeting (Morgolis, Steyvussant…) the target finishes the dialogue and let 47 on his way without a single suspicion.
Both in syringe and flask form.
For the ultimate “nothing out of the ordinary happened” experience.
- Sabotaging brakes on vehicles so they roll down inclines and smush people.
- Bring back sabotaging payphones. (Seriously, it’s only used in Marrakesh, and then it never comes up again.)
- Carbon monoxide kills that work like the sauna in Hokkaido. Leave an unconscious NPC in an enclosed space with running equipment and they suffocate.
- Building up pressure in steam pipes.
- Working elevators so we can sabotage the elevators.
- More disguises that allow you to offer services to any NPCs, like the masseur being able to offer massages, or the dealer offering drugs.
- Bring back pushing people down the stairs.
- Gas-powered fireplace sabotage.
- Removing warning signs to draw NPCs closer to dangerous areas.
- Releasing dangerous animals (I considered a poisonous spider in a jar, but that’s probably even more OP than the molotov).
- Empty air fresheners that can be filled with poison and activate when someone walks near (require a power supply to operate so you can’t just place them down anywhere).
- Firearm malfunctions? (no idea how this would work in detail, probably not something that could be done).
- Leaving a naked NPC in a very cold area should kill them, but would make it impossible to hide bodies in freezers.
- More “trapdoor” style kills (falling down a manhole?).
Okay I swear I’m out of ideas now.
Definitely good ones. Sabotaging a firearm is the one I find most interesting. You’d have to have armed targets, then be able to either pickpocket their weapons, or after non-melee knockouts you can pick up their gun and sabotage them, put them back down, wait for the target to be found and revived (this would have to no longer cause SA to be lost) and let the target pick up their gun and continue to carry it rather than take it to a security box. As far as sabotaging it, you’d probably have to have something with you first, like finding a pack of cigarettes so you can jam them down the barrel of the gun. Then, you let the target see you and pull their gun, and when they try to shoot you, it explodes in their hands, killing them. Convoluted, but oh would it be fun to see.
- Clear tripwire (visually similar to fishing line) that can be placed to make NPCs trip and fall for a KO accident
Possibly could be reusable and illegal to place down to make it different from the other sedative items. Would also require you to find two walls facing each other to set it up. (It’s also a lot funnier to make people trip and fall instead of just passing out from blue gas or poison.)
Just had an idea after seeing it in another work of fiction: A fake gun that’s built to shoot whoever is holding it. It won’t count as an accident. If the player attempts to fire it, they will instantly die from shooting themselves. Obviously.
Booby-trapped ammunition and magazines definitely exist.
Suffocation accidents, such as carbon monoxide poisoning, or trapping a target in a space with no air. Since right now the only suffocation is the garrotte. Could also open the way for hanging being an option in a new map, if it’s a movieset/museum/death row (either sabotaging a prop or mixing up someone’s identities to get the wrong person executed).
Smothering is a form of suffocation, and there are 4 pillow smothering deaths across the trilogy. Plus Jordan Cross can be smothered in his cake. And drowning is technically suffocation with water.
counts as drowning kills though
Oh, you’re talking about the official score labels, not the general kill methods. Gotcha.
One where 47 shoves an umbrella down his target’s throat then opens it, creating a human dilophosaurus.
What I’d really like is more fibre wire animations.
i was going to suggest a gun that fires fat guinea pigs into a target’s mouth to choke them to death.
the animation of the guinea pig’s little legs and butt wiggling as it hangs out of the target’s mouth would be - as the kids said about fifty years ago - “totes adorbs”.
That would be terrifying. I’ve got that beat, however. A daisy chain in place of a fibre wire, that when placed around the target’s neck, makes them rethink their life’s decisions and decide to become better people, thus neutralizing the target peacefully. ICA Tactical Daisy Chain.
like midsommar but nice. i love it. get some colin stetson epileptic sax as the “kill” sound and i’m in.
To hell with Stetson. Whenever the daisy chain is used we get Brother Louie by Modern Talking.
you just turned a beautiful thing into a sonic war crime.
no, not the hedgehog.
I’ll just call it a special military operation.