What Videogame(s) Are You Playing?

Yes it would but it is still funny to me unless you buy III which would be supporting WotC/Hasbro

2 Likes

i havent got a pc or “next gen” console, so that ain’t happening.

having said that, i probably would buy bg3. ogl fuckery aside, larian are an independent studio that do good work. they’ve bet big on this and i would’ve liked to contribute to their success.

also:

what? it was on sale at the time! :smile:

3 Likes

I’m afraid of Spiders too (except for the little jumping ones, they’re cute af), but that’s why I want them to be in the game.

5 Likes

when i was playing skyrim, i used to either shoot them from a very long way away whilst quietly screaming (yes) or, if they were up close, wail on them with my eyes closed while wretching. not a fan.

also: fuck limbo.

6 Likes

Did you also play through Dragonborn? You could use spiders as weapons :grin:

5 Likes

that’s fucking disgusting.

i can’t even touch the picture to scroll past it. i have to get a run up and use the momentum of the ui to carry me past it.

8 Likes

You really oughta play the Metro games then and enjoy their spiderbugs… :no_mouth:

7 Likes

I’m really afraid of like any bug, yes even Butterflies scare me (i had to go to a butterfly garden last year and i was petrified) so this is really scary man, i have to keep a bag by me when i play Fallout, let alone DB!

5 Likes

Or worse, Grounded :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes
5 Likes

God my friend keeps trying to get me to play it! The trouble is, that i want to play it

4 Likes

I know you’re scared of plenty of bugs (now), but I know there’s at least an Arachophobia mode for the game… where I think it just turns the spiders into floating orbs.

Game looks really cool though and it’s honestly one of the things that really interest me about xbox. I’m weary my PC wouldn’t be able to handle it

3 Likes

I did not know this, but this is someone who has put an ungodly amount of hours in Skyrim yet never beat the main quest.

4 Likes

Is it on Gamepass? I’m looking at renewing my subscription next month, so i might get it on there, thanks for the information!

2 Likes

can we please stop posting pictures of spiders? please?

5 Likes

7 Likes

So I decided to put Mankind Divided on hold. Why?

Well I have this overwhelming urge to play Human Revolution (and maybe The Fall, but I have to buy it first) before I move onto Mankind Divided. I played Human Revolution before, but never saw it through to its conclusion despite getting close. I love Deus Ex and the world it has so I want to sit down tackle it all.

Unfortunately Deus Ex Human Revolution is notorious for having a Directors Cut which itself is notorious for having a very poor PC Port which dissuaded me from playing it at first on my Steam Deck.

But

Since me being persistent is a personality trait of mine that you either love or hate I spent hours trying to fix it so I can get it playable on my Steam Deck without getting 6 FPS. I managed to get the game running at a relatively smooth 40 FPS with occasional dips when loading into new areas that are large on scope.

None the less I’m happy and will be immersing myself in this world for awhile.

6 Likes

Oh man, Human Revolution is a game that’s been on my “unfinished” list for way too long… I started it over four years ago, and despite having tons of fun with it, I dropped it for some reason and haven’t gotten back to it since (didn’t even complete the Detroit hub). Really have to finally do it this year, asap.

As for the PC port, I had no issues with it whatsoever and it ran perfectly fine, so maybe it’s just a Steam Deck thing? I’m more worried about Mankind Divided, as that one has a bit of a reputation in that regard (and I believe you mentioned it too in your previous post).

On a side note, HR has one of my favourite main menus of all time. Very minimalistic but aesthetically pleasing, and with a great music track. I’d usually spend several minutes just listening (and looking) before actually starting to play, lol.

5 Likes

It’s mainly issues with the Directors Cut since the port was handled by a third party and not the people who originally did the release for the vanilla version. There are “fixes” but it usually involves doing stuff on your Nividia Control panel which is easier said than done on especially when it comes to Steam Deck.

3 Likes

I was talking about the DC, since that´s the only version I have. Like I said, I really don´t remember experiencing any performance issues whatsoever (aside from a notable pause of sorts before a takedown animation would trigger, though that might´ve been caused by the game being installed on a HDD). If there was anything else, it certainly didn´t hamper my experience. But it has been a long time, so it´s perfectly possible that my memory might be failing me… I´ll see how it runs when I get back to it (next month perhaps?). Regardless, I appreciate that fixing any such potential issues on Steam Deck is a pain…

3 Likes