What Videogame(s) Are You Playing?

Yea no time is money for me and I’d like to get items the fastest way possible. ETA Challenges have been me basically just dropping the Xmas Gift in front of my target then blow it. SA isn’t a priority for ETA imo.

1 Like

I don’t know why I did it, maybe some weird OCD thing? :man_shrugging: Anyway, there was a fair amount of looking things up on the internet :sweat_smile: (ain’t nobody got time for some of this shit)

1 Like

Gonna flaunt some big dick energy right now and tell you I got 1:51 Facility 00 Agent.

7 Likes

I loved this Game as a Kid, i can’t tell you how many hours we played this in splitscreen mode, my favorite weapon set was always the proximity mines lol. Its the best Bond Game and GoldenEye is also the best James Bond Film imo.

5 Likes

As I posted in the FL topic… Can’t play it… Don’t want to risk failing due to an untrustworthy controller. So I’ll be trying to get 100% on Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts (since I can play with mouse and keyboard), and Metroid Dread on my Switch.

Metroid… I’m up to that mean green stalking machine :laughing: and having to progress despite that thing trying to hunt me down. Maybe I’ll just splurge on a $200 4K set to play it on - instead of the little switch screen. My poor eyes (especially my right) aren’t what they used to be. Spending a bit too much time in front of monitors most of the day (at work and at home). :expressionless: Wait a minute! :thinking:

7 Likes

I finished Resident Evil Village (and the Shadows of Rose DLC) and, man, what a game. I definitely miss my psychopaths from the castle but what a collection of characters and areas. It’s ostensibly a survival horror game but changes genre at least twice, becoming pure horror in House Beneviento and an FPS right before the end. Also, Heisenberg is straight out of an anime (never change Resident Evil). On that note, I can’t help what would have happened if Ethan accepted his offer of friendship because I definitely didn’t expect it to end that way.

Shadows of Rose was quite a trip; I enjoyed the trips through familiar areas and the, uh, force powers. I especially liked the cameos from certain characters from both this and its predecessor; in general, it added to the experience of both games. On that note, if you get past “sexy giant vampire lady”, this game as a whole adds quite a lot to the experience of its predecessor by answering many questions and paying off on information seeded in the previous game. Imo, both games definitely work very well to elevate each other.

Now, to figure out what to do until the RE4 remake comes out. :crossed_fingers: it continues the trend of great games in this series that started with the advent of the RE Engine. (Special shout-out to that engine btw; it has to be one of the, if not THE, beautiful game engines I’ve ever had the pleasure to play)

4 Likes

Started Hogwarts Legacy. First Impressions is the game looks really good.

Edit: This is after 3 Hours of Playing.

Pros

• Combat is fun and engaging
  • Hedwigs Theme is in the game and is used appropriately
  • Inclusive Character Creator
  • Trailer only really showed the first few hours of the game.
  • Easy to get into without any Wizarding World Knowledge, but the experience is enhanced if you saw the movies or read the books
  • World and Castle feels alive with plenty to do and see.
  • Game looks good

Cons

• Fidelity Modes have delayed inputs with Ray Tracing it seems
  • Minor Graphical Errors from time to time.
  • Characters Facial Expressions aren’t the greatest and remind me of Mass Effect Andromeda from time to time.
  • Main Character Voice sometimes sounds A.I Generated
6 Likes

I’ve been playing Psychonauts 2 for the past week and I’ve been having a blast with it. Can’t remember when I had so much fun with a game :grin:
Untitled

5 Likes

Alright, well, I typed all this up for the Game News Thread for some HogwartsLegacy, but I don’t really want it to go to waste if we’re gonna inevitably debate and talk about this, so… ehhh here ya go.

This stuff’ll probaly be split off into its own thread, but whatever

Essentially, my thoughts on this IP and this title, buying it, I'll leave in this collapseable bit:

It’s terrible that this title is wrapped and twisted up in so many controversies, problematic elements, and at least maybe some good stuff too :person_shrugging:

The rave critic reviews is interesting, as it replicates the feeling of the films and fiction very well, though the game seems to be a pretty standard open-world adventure, with very lackluster side quests and the main gameplay not being too interesting.

The story I’ve heard about features some problematic things, such as the “main threat” being the unfortunately stereotypically-charicature-portrayed goblins “rising up” against wizards, and its your job to… keep them in check and rising up the social/societal ladder?
I could be wrong and it’s the internet cherry-picking negatives just to make it look bad, but uh that’s still a weird story hook to use, especially after nowadays knowing of the negative connotations behind that portrayal JK chose.

I get separating art from the author, and I do that with Baby Driver – fantastic heist movie with a musical twist that I adore, despite the fact it has Kevin Spacey with terrifyingly coincidental dialogue like “I was blinded by the balls on that kid.” :worried:

I’m glad some people are finding enjoyment in this, and I got a bit hyped when the initial marketing push started earlier this year, as it looks like it conveys the same playful and whimsical themes from the films, though I just really can’t in good conscience put any money to this game, knowing that JKR is profiting off of it, especially as the head of the IP. Seperating the art from the artist just isn’t working for me here.
My hype has severely died down for it, so I’m in no rush to get it at all. Maybe, maybe, I’ll get it second-hand, or third-hand, whatever, where no money goes to anyone but the person giving it to me.

Because this is just evil levels of petty and I just can’t.

7 Likes

it doesnt really apply to baby driver though, yea its unfortunate spacey was cast in that role but he wasnt the author. That goes to edgar wright. spacey was an bad accident in retrospect.

a devowed jkr hater has set their mind to cracking hogwarts legacy in 10 days or less so…

5 Likes

Oh… are you talking about the guy raging about Denuvo and saying that his next cracked game is H.L.? That guy has some issues :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

theres another?

2 Likes

There will always be some sort of “My Kung Fu is best” hackers who will crack this sort of shit. So long as shit like Denuvo and other DRM systems exist there always will be.

5 Likes

Always.

4 Likes

Luke! You must go to the DaGOGbah system, follow the teachings of Lego Yoda and learn the ways of the Jedi.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Hack the planet!

5 Likes

As I said a while back, I would be back into the nightmare after my sister beat Leon B. She’s actually beaten Leon B quite a while ago and we’re already pretty far into resident evil 3, we just survived the zombie siege on the hospital as Carlos, but I though I’d tell my and my sister’s two cents before we’ll probably finish the game in a couple of days. (we only play an hour or 2 a day due to my sister finding gaming mentally exhausting)

My two cent’s:

Superficially, this game looks fucking amazing, no more grey filter and nearly only interiors. They also really improved on the lighting and colors making some parts look super real. Though this comes as a hit to the zombie dismemberment system and rock solid frame rate. But most of the time this game looks good and runs damn smooth while doing it.

This game is very different from re2make , in ways i saw people really dislike. I honestly quite like it. I think it retains alot of what i enjoyed from re2make but the linearity and break neck pace make it feel like it’s own thing. Which fits the mood of a desperate escape from the city while a giant monster chases you down. I genuinly love the story and characters that are presented here, and i grew connected far faster than with Leon and Claire’s tale of survival and comeuppance.

I think the gameplay is good enough, not great like the re2make. The focus on action works because Jill and Carlos handle like new sports cars and the new sidestep, shoulderbash they have really helps in avoiding enemies and bosses, allowing for more aggressive play. The way ammo is laid out is perfect, atleast for this first playthrough, I’m sure it’s gonna feel abundant on later playthroughs when i know what I’m doing. But for now it feels like this constant push and pull of a lot of ammo, wasting it all on the plentiful enemies and finding alot of ammo again. The game isn’t as scary, apart from the hospital which we’ve yet to traverse as Jill. But sections like the disgusting infested power plant and the oneshot kills of the hunter gammas in the sewers provide a different type of tension not seen in re2make. Nemesis, I’m mixed on. in the early game he makes a lot of good appearances but once you switch over to Carlos you don’t see him for an hour before having a bossfight with him and then you don’t see him for another hour and half in the hospital as Carlos. I don’t know if he shows up in Jill’s version of the hospital but the way it’s built makes me think I won’t see him until the final boss again. him being scripted doesn’t bother me, in fact I think it fits him more than being a gameplay system like Mr.X was. Him being scripted means you literally can’t avoid him because he’s hardcoded to chase you at certain points. And his one time of being a gameplay system is good enough but not as a dynamic because downtown isn’t the virtual playground the police station was.

Though the one shot kills from hunter gammas and some hunter betas attacks do annoy me. Same way some sections feel like glorified hallways without much purpose. But overall I’m enjoying myself. Once im done playing it with my sister I’ll probably play through it again solo because this looks like a really fun game to just run through while doing everything. Also this game was made for bisexuals with how hot Carlos, Jill and Tyrell are. And Nicholai is a motherfucker.

My sister’s two cent’s

She really likes the story and characters of Jill and Carlos. And she still gets scared by a lot of the unexpected moments. She also really liked the callbacks to the rpd and Kendo’s gunshop and thought it was cool how you saw the beginning of the outbreak. She likes the gameplay aswell though she finds it a lot more difficult than re2make due to the massive increase in enemies and speed.

Though she doesn’t like the oneshot kills and that the cutscenes sometimes interrupt things that you could’ve done yourself. She currently likes the game about as much as re2make. Especially because of the story, though she fucking despises Nicholai and Nemesis narratively. even more so than she despised Ada in Re2make!

Sorry for so rambling so much about a game I haven’t finished yet but we really got invested in it so I didn’t think to make a small impressions post until we’re this far into the game

8 Likes

Khaki-based

Wish my sibling was as into games as I was. She’s just super casual, Pokémon type stuff.

7 Likes

My sister’s a complete non-gamer so I’m not only surprised but impressed that she does and did extremely well on re2make and 3make. Because her only prior videogame experience was the glorified walking simulator Layers of Fear and mobile games. And shes fucking killing it with the keyboard and mouse. I couldnt be a more proud brother

6 Likes