What Videogame(s) are you playing?

Lol. Was Keanu any Good in John Wick? I still need to watch that.

This is right because i didn’t said they are canon.So you stop telling to yourself that i did.

Total bullshit,many characters back story in witcher 3 are almost same as it was in the books.The game is not canon but it starts 5 years after the events of last book,the stories are sometimes different,sometimes mixed but saying the game takes just lore from the books is riddicolous.I don’t mean to be unpolite but you need to get your facts straight here.

CDPR today will argue the opposite - their games turned some local Polish book called “Wiedzmin” into “The Witcher” worldwide phenomenon it is today.

Mafia 3 has a lot of repetitive activities to do and filler parts in order to get to the far in between good missions that are unique and the story parts,plus there really isn’t much to do and the world could feel empty after a while,be careful and read a couple of reviews,maybe watch a few gameplays to see if it’s really your kind of game. It was also pretty buggy when I played it this summer. I still liked it tho. Not a great game but definitely not a bad one,it has a very good story and a satisfying shootout gameplay. Plus the soundtrack is awesome.

Because that’s actually what happened. Nobody outside of Poland knew about those until the games went mainstream. Then books got translated into more languages and they had games’ art on the cover to boost their recognition. Sapkowski can be salty all he wants but the games did him much good, even if he lost shitload of money in that initial deal. I mean, hell, he’s getting a legit TV series, that wouldn’t have happened without the games.

To start off simple, I’m creating a game called “Lester” where you go through a bunch of levels dodging obstacles while continuously moving forward. You play as this blue cube who used to be a normal person, until the Grinch came along with his goblins and turned everyone into cubes.

Indie game by Eleven Ship Games (of course). Once the game is finished and ready for uploading, I’ll make a website for ESG.

Q: Why did you even put this message here?
A: To see if anyone would be interested in playing it, Kappa.

Also, La tragedie’s cancelled. I’d like to start 2D.

Ubisoft is giving away Watch_Dogs for free for PC starting today until 13-Nov. Use the below link to login and obtain your free copy!

https://freetrial.ubisoft.com/promotions/watch-dogs-1/8/

Recently bought the GTA trilogy (San Andreas, Vice City, GTA III), and I’m really enjoying it. Been playing Vice City, and I fucking love the soundtrack and vibrant color.

Also been addicted to Stardew Valley, which I have almost 50 hours in now. The game is so fun and it’s very addicting and there’s lots to do.

I finally finished The Witcher 3 base game. Pretty damn great altogether, even if I think the main plot wasn’t that great honestly. Rather like Fallout in my opinion, I feel like all the various side quests are just far more interesting to me than the main quest is, especially when I don’t like Ciri, or Yennefer for that matter, or practically any sorceress really.

Will be starting Hearts of Stone and then doing Blood and Wine, see how I get on with them.

Got a copy of Resident Evil 4 for the PlayStation 4.

Played it on the 3 a long time ago, beat the hell out of it and loved it. It has been nice to go back through after taking such a long break. I would buy the game again for VR. I think that’s the only thing it is missing-I hope they get around to doing that before I become too mature to invest hours into gaming.

The only real complaint I have about the game is the controls. they are so tank like. I still wish I could walk and aim. But put it in VR and it’s a thrill all over again.

I am officially boned. I have over 10 games to finish my lads,plus the ones coming out,and I don’t have much time cause I mostly play Hitman or Online with my pals. HOWAMIGONNABEATTHIS?

I’ve played Life is Strange, but I’m putting off Before the Storm, cause the base game had such an emotional effect on me after finishing, that I’m just not sure I want to put myself under right now.

And Mafia 3, as buggy as it is, has an incredible atmosphere to it, that completely redeems everything else. Shame it was written off so early by many. Can’t wait to play the DLCs sometime.

I felt exactly the same way.

I did still start playing Before the Storm a bit though, isn’t as good but probs gets better.

Has anyone bought and played BF2 yet?

I keep looking for reviews/discussions of the actual game, but most of them are drawn back into the controversy over how EA have structured the microtransactions.

Hahaha, i thought you meant Battlefield 2, but you are talking about Star Wars: Battlefront 2?

I haven’t bought it, so i don’t know how the microtransactions works, but i found this, maybe it will help?

But i find this a bit troublesome, since the loot crates can affect your gameplay :grimacing::

**Much of the discussion about Star Wars Battlefront II, particularly since its beta, has centered around the game’s microtransactions. While EA has made a welcome change in giving away all gameplay content–like the upcoming Last Jedi characters and maps–for free, it’s compensated by introducing a loot crate system. But whereas this can be relatively innocuous in other games, such as Overwatch, where you’re only obtaining skins and cosmetics, battlefront II’s crates have a meaningful impact on gameplay.

From my own experience, it’s very little and almost non existing edge. Let’s say a bad player got the best starcards you can get and he goes up against a skilled/good player with only standard cards, the skilled player will always win that fight.

JackFrags a very skilled player (i manly follow his BF1 vidoes) talks about the effect of the cards and how big difference they bring to the battlefield. He also mentions that you can’t get the best cards as a new player from day one, that the unlock system is tied with experience.

The hole lootbox “pay to win” have been making a mountain out of a molehill, i certainly think what EA have done and how they encouraged buying loot boxes to progress in the game is disrespectful and greedy. EA deserves all the bad shit they are getting right now, but the problem i have with them is the horrible way they integrated the loot boxes and made the game a big grind.

Yeah I was @ingrobny, my bad!

Got it downloaded using 10 hours from the EA Access, so I think best to just give it a try and see. I’ll have a look at the video above too, thanks.

It’s a tricky one; the model for the bundles/points/currency looks to be taken straight from - or at least is very similar to - the one they’ve had for years in Ultimate Team. While those bundles are a complete rip-off, it’s still possible to enjoy the game without a big spend. Hopefully it’s the same here, as the actual game seems superb.

Can’t help feeling this backlash is the catalyst for a stand against years of scummy EA moves + the love for the Star Wars franchise to a certain extent (rather than it being about this in isolation). Such a conflict: don’t really want to suport such ventures, and yet visually it looks so damn good. :blush:

You’ve played WoW you should know it’s not true. Skill>gear is just a utopia that more often than not, is not true.

Also, if someone is more competitive than a regular casual player and actually strives for high places on the leaderboards during a match, it’s absolutely pay2win. Even a 1% advantage can mean life or death, win or lose, in some scenarios, and you can get way more than 1% buffs by buying lootboxes. Especially if you want to save up for heroes instead of buying boxes for credits (and it will be a recurring issue, since EA will definitely keep adding new heroes that you’ll need to buy instead of progressing your characters with cards/weapon upgrades).

Yea man, I don’t expect it to be anywhere near as great as the main game, but after doing the first episode of Before the Storm, i’m already feeling so much more of an emotional connection to both Chloe and Rachel. Knowing how their fate works out doesn’t help either.

I played WoW yes, but Starcards have very little in common with gear and to be honest i find it to be a silly comparison. Shooters are much more about reaction time and using the environment to ones advantages. You can’t simply compare starcards and gear. Also in WoW i have always been able to outplay an opponents with better gear then myself, even counter classes. Skill will always out weight gear, well at least in ranked and higher rankings.

Skill will always be the biggest factor, after 500 hours in BF1 i’m in the top 5% of all PC player, almost a decade of only playing Rogue brought me high in PvP. There will be a little edge with the starcards, but it’s little and you are heavily exaggerating their outcome in battle. Also i’m far from the only one who is of this opinion, go look at some the skilled Battlefront player or hell just watch the video i linked.

I agree that the lootboxes and the way they have been implemented into the game is bad, but the starcards them self, have little effect when it comes down to skilled players vs bad player.