What Videogame(s) are you playing?

Does anybody Play Fortnite on ps4? Its Pretty boring Playing alone?

Unlocked These today

Playing Absolution actually at the moment. I want to finish it one more time with every challenge and max score.

Great game.

Finished: Super Metroid - Rotated 90° (No Save States)
This was incredibly fun and interesting. SOTN flashbacks to inverted castle.

Yeah, shame the cover art on other versions isn’t as great.

Finally finished The Witcher 3 expansions. Hearts of Stone was pretty good, but Blood and Wine really just blows it out of the water in my opinion. Blood and Wine must be a contender for being one of the greatest expansion packs ever made, it is just so huge and gorgeous.

I will say though, I do feel a bit burned out now. The Witcher 3 is a big game, with alot of dialogue, and honestly by the time I reached B&W, I did rush through it a bit so I can wrap things up. Great game but so massive and time consuming I doubt I will go back to it for years.

Definetly worth it for anyone interested in it, especially since when it goes on sale again, you can pick up the GOTY edition for like £14.

Finished GTA Vice City a couple days ago, it was awesome. Now I’m playing GTA San Andreas, which I’ve enjoyed too.

I’m about 14 hours in right now in San Andreas, and while I like playing the game, I don’t know if I can get over the big plot twist in the mission “Green Sabre”, because I really liked the whole gang aspect of the game, and now it’s basically CJ on the run with how Big Smoke and Ryder betrayed you. It’s just a different game now. I’ll give my thoughts on it after I finish it.

This is a wonderful time to be a Star Wars fan, new movies, books, comics. However the videogame scene leaves a bit to be disred, sadly EA have the rights for the Star Wars gaming franchise until 2023 and so far we have only seen two games that havn’t quit pleased the masses, like the movies have. A lot of controversy and bad press have been plaguing EA’s latest game and rightfully so. But i’m not here to talk about the lootboxes that have defined the latest Gaming scandal debate. I’m going to dive into a single aspect of the game and that’s the single player.

I been looking forward to SW:BF2 since it was announced any the fact they added a Single Player campaign was reason enough to pre-order it and get my hands on it as fast a possible. The campaign is what you might expect from a shooter, medium length. I just completed it less then 30 min ago and it have been a blast from start to finish, a strong narrative that gives you a insight into the conflict between the Rebels and the Empire, seen from a Imperial Special ops solider point of view.

It a well rounded Star Wars adventures, that let you play as both Luke, Leia, Han and Kylo Ren. When you ain’t in control of Iden Versio. The gameplay does mimic the multiplayer a lot and is at times very arcady and this is here where the game suffers the most and you could wish for more depth. Like more use of the personal droid and stronger mechanics. It easy to see the campaign is set up to give you a tast of what to expect from classes in multiplayer and abilities. But the point where the game shine brightest is the parts where you get to take control of a spaceship, this is where the gameplay is strongest. All from flying and Tie Figher to the Falcon gives you some of the best Star Wars experience there is on the gameing market, and it’s a big part of the game.

The Story itself helps to remove some the gaps between the original trilogy and the new, giving us look into Luke and his journey. For one who read a couple of the books, it’s nice to see direct references/mentions to characters, events and plot lines that I experienced in the comics and books.

If i should rate the game alone of the single player campaign, it would give it a 7 out of 10. It could have scored higher if there where more depth to the game. I’m glad i got to play the single player, but i’m also mad at myself for giving into the game and buying it. Sadly Dice is one of my favourite developers, but EA casts a long and depressing shadow.

I have yet to try out the multiplayer and i will do it soon.

That’s awesome, man. I still consider Metroid 1 on nes the best Metroid game. There’s just something about that game that I love so much.

GTA Vice CIty with one of the best soundtracks ever in a game. I just love driving on Ocean Drive and listening to Never Too Much from Luther Vandross.

Both these statements contradict every single review I have seen so far.

the ps4 version has a doublesided cover.

Damn, I’d buy that game just for that alternative cover :sweat_smile:

yes, its a really nice throwback to the original Game, i love stuff like that.

I know that you love SW but I’m just wondering, how good of a campaign it really is? How good of a game? Take away the Star Wars IP and what is left? That’s what I find interesting, take away William’s score, lightsabers, blasters, stormtroopers, Luke etc, how fun is the game, not aesthetics on the surface. I’m genuinely curious about that.

I got the PS4 version and the cover is double sided so you can have the awesomeness on the front. Shame other developers dont do the same

Random question. Witcher 3 looks absolutely amazing and I want to play it. Do I have to play the first two to understand the plot/world?

@Grim I played Witcher 3 without having played the previous games or reading any of the books. I do think that you do lose some context, especially when a ton of characters you encounter are from previous games. The game does give you a character glossary that tends to give a paragraph of what happened with the characters last time Geralt met them.

I don’t think you lose that much though. The majority of the side quests tend to be self contained, and that is what you are going to be spending your time doing. I don’t think the world is that hard to understand, it’s basically a standard fantasy setting where you encounter peasants and soldiers of 2 sides of a war, who seem to be foreverly pestered by various monsters and creatures and they keep hiring you to sort the monster problems out.

I guess the biggest issue is with the main plot, because the main plot does have a bunch of call backs to the other games, but really, in my opinion, the main plot isn’t that great and a bit like the Fallout games in my opinion, the side stuff is where the meat and where the most interesting things happen.

So yeah, I highly recommend it myself.

You don’t need to play the first two before getting into Witcher 3. I posted the link to a story recap video earlier in this topic you could probably check out. It does a decent job of quickly going through the Witcher 1 and 2 storyline.

Edit: Found it.