What was your first ever game?

I recently bought my first game, which only works via GOG and not disk because of old anti-pirate measures, and so I thought what games were the first for others.

My first game was Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. I was 7 at the time, and I enjoyed it more than any other game I got at the time.
jpeg
So what was your first game, and how old were you?

4 Likes

I believe my very first game was Midtown Madness and then Counter-Strike on PC.
Earlier I been playing some Sega/PS1 games, don’t remember the names, but amongst them was FIFA and Mortal Combat and a bit Tekken.
It was early 90s

2 Likes

The FIRST game I ever played was Konami’s Time Pilot '84 at a convenience store.

The first game I ever owned or played on a console… I believe Battle-Zone on the Atari 2600. Or maybe Crystal Castles? Or was it some pinball game?

1 Like

Crash Bandicoot. It came out in ‘96 and I got my PS1 in ‘99. Got it when I was five.

4 Likes

A Pong console (when they came out, more or less).

4 Likes

In my childhood, I played on the C64 of my brother’s Maniac Mansion and Arkanoid. On PS1 in 97, it was Resident Evil or Crash Bandicoot. Love these games until today, and I really like to remember this funny and fascinating time. So you could imagine how old I am …:flushed:

4 Likes

There were times, huh?
I don’t think anyone releasing such cool games howadays.

Also I been playing Soccer Kid and Road Rush on 3DO console (PS predecessor), it was my father’s console. Still remember that great games. I wish I could play them now

2 Likes

Ghostbusters game on the Commodore 64.

2 Likes

I remeber in my childhood I used to play Mario on the big screen of the system.:thinking:

2 Likes

I believe the first game I owned was Rome: Total War

1 Like

The first game i remember playing was on the Commodore 64, and it was a game that my Mum had programmed from a magazine (basically writing in lines and lines of code and then saving it to a cassette). You had to fly a spaceship across a static screen from left to right and collect something on each screen, avoiding asteroids. When she programmed it she had put mine and her name in custom text on the title screen, which i thought was incredible. I was 4 or 5, so that was 33(ish) years ago. I’ve been hooked on video games ever since.

2 Likes

The first game I played was Double Dragon on NES.

The first game I owned was Mickey Mouse - Castle of Illusion for Sega Game Gear (1992 - for my 8th birthday).

2 Likes

That game was so hard! To be fair, i didn’t really know what i was doing when i was a kid, i think i got to Zuul once by sheer dumb luck.

3 Likes

I don’t remember my age (so I was fairly young maybe 8?) but my first game was GTA VC on PC. I think again I am not sure I played so many games back then.

5 Likes

The earliest i played would be either Prince of Persia or one of the Bomberman games, bc they were installed on my elementary school computers. I think the first game i had, when we got our own PC, was Blood (Doom, but with a pitchfork).

Edit: Oh wow, just found out, that there is a remaster of Blood, that came out today :joy: lol, is this a sign

2 Likes

Quake 2! It was incredible!

2 Likes

My first game was Tetris.

3 Likes

It was probably Crash Bandicoot or Tekken 2 on the PS1.

2 Likes

Gothic or half life i got them at once soo idk wich i booted up first

Yes yes…these good old days…:wink: