What's New?

2 years that I work in this Hotel every night, some months during the day and just 5 minutes ago my boss say to me:
" What do you mean you’re Romanian??? I was convince you were Ukrainian"

Yesterday, the drummer for my band told us he was quitting. We’ve been playing together for over 3 years and in addition to being a fantastic drummer, he’s become a good friend. Replacing him will be difficult.

Now to begin the long, arduous process of auditioning drummers. This could take ages. I’m already restless to get gigging again and to share the new songs we’ve recorded.

Why is he leaving the band?

When being honest isn’t allowed when it’s dissing Amazon.

dfvdfvfdv

They wanted $35.

Both sites have their absurd prices for stuff that isn’t even worthy it, like a 6 inches plush for 924 dollars, plus 15 dollars more for shipping. Gotta love Ebay and Amazon.

Amazon is great when you preorder stuff. I’ve always gotten a cheaper price for an item when I preorder it through them, especially when it comes to video games.

That’s cool but given I rarely preorder and I found most of the stuff I looked for on Ebay, I have never used my account in Amazon. I’ll give it a chance when the time comes.

My place has no fucking power, this is so fucking annoying.

God’s way of telling you to go outside for fresh air maybe? :slightly_smiling_face:

Lol, I did and I came home to this. I usually walk home so this was not a cool thing to come back to (quite the opposite, as the AC wasn’t working and it’s hot outside)

I have the option to become sous-chef at the place I work at, for slightly more money and a lot more responsibilities. To be fair I’m not too convinced about it, because I feel like the payrise won’t be that significant to make it worth it (maybe 30-40 quids a month). Could just stay kitchen assistant, not worry about shit, have a steady, but lower income with no stress, but that doesn’t sound as cool as “sous-chef”.

I recently worked for the first time in a press office for a olive oil company. I’ve being a journalist from 10 years, but it’s the first time I worked in a press office for someone. It’s not a job. Just a collaboration for an event. But he payed me a lot, more then I thought and in advance. Fantastic !

Always nice when that happens. As a sound engineer I’m used to getting underpaid 2 weeks after the event has finished.

Yes, you’re right. Untill June 2017 I worked for a company that still must pay me six months and Tfr, an amount of money for workers that finish an employment relationship. I’m still waiting 15000 €. To have them I’ve been forced to go to my lawyer. It’s a thing that makes me crazy. In that months I could stay at home to do my things, if I knew to work without money.

Damn, that’s a lot of money. I’m owed a matter of hundreds, not thousands.

I’d like to tell you if you are serious about the culinary field you should take the position. It’s not about money it’s about progress and growing as a culinarian. You’ll learn so much and although you will be out of your comfort zone you’ll gain valuable knowledge that you won’t in a lesser position. It’s also great to have on your resume to show advancement. Many times in my career I made position changes starting out as a pizza cook, line cook, garde manger chef, sous chef, executive chef, Director of Research & Development, Executive Culinary Director. Every time I jumped I was nervous but also confident because of my past experiences and I never took a position for the money. I naturally increased my salary by working harder than everyone else in the kitchen. As a fellow culinarian in the industry I say you should go for it! Good luck with your decision!

I hate my electricity provider.

I was at my friends wedding today (I still am). The wedding ceremony was at the Church. I was already a bit drunk at that moment. After the priest pronounced them husband and wife, “Ave Maria” started playing. It reminded me of Hitman and I became aware that my close friend is now married. And I started crying lol.

Damn I have quite a lot of friends that if they aren’t married they have kids. Me? I’m here at 26 watching Rick and Morty and buying airsoft guns.

I’m also 26 and marriage and having kids is the last thing on my mind. But I have to admit - wedding parties are actually pretty cool and fun.