What's New?

My brother was home when the accident happened, our outer door got a hook so it can be secured to the wall and doesn’t slam. But the door wasn’t secured to the wall at that moment, but sadly it slammed on the little ladies tail.

Just talked with him to hear how he was holding up, being the one who had to rush her to the vet and all. He said it was a imagine he can’t get out of his head. The tail didn’t come clean off, but the bone was visible and there was flesh hanging off, also lots of blood.

She got around half of her tail amputated and is sleeping it off at home now, she have to stay indoors for the next 10 days. I’m glad I didn’t experience it and left with that image. I’m just glad the little lady is alright.

Here is a picture of the little shit, enjoying my old room and a lot of pillows.

I can hardly imagine what doors must mean to her now. Hope she has no PTSD when ever a door opens or closes!

I feel so bad about this. So sorry.

Oh my god immagine how scared the poor thing must have been!
I hope that she’s doing better

Talked with my mother today, she says she’s better but still very skittish. Yesterday she was hiding a lot and they wasn’t able to get close to her. Today they are able to get close to her, I hope in time she will be her old self. Then again she have always been a bit nervous and easily scared as a cat.

She is an older cat and soon 13 years old.

My first short silent film. “In the kitchen”

https://twitter.com/IO_Travis/status/1002549467894206464

:frowning:

At least @Travis_IOI dosen’t quit only on leave for 3 months :grinning::

This is a weird feeling. I’m going part-time at IOI for 2 weeks & then I’m out of office for about 3 months on leave, so you’ll be seeing less of me for a while. I’m excited about more time with family but also feel like I’m letting go of something I enjoy every day. Have fun!

Don’t worry @Travis_IOI we (I kinda take for granted that everybody feel the same :blush:) will be here and welcome back in 3 months time :grinning:.

Season 2 announcement in 2 weeks and first episode release 3 months since then.
Don’t you see it?? :smile:

So good news to all of you who care how my cat is doing!, I visited my parents for dinner tonight and also had the chance to check up on the little lady. She seems oldy calm like nothing ever happened and even more attention sick then before. Which is not very like her at all, she has always been a diva and only ever wanted to talk when it suited her.

I’m just glad to see her doing better, even if she got 50% less tail. She isn’t afraid of the door, which is nice to see.

Also thanks for the compassion you have shown the last days.

Me and my buddy just finished and uploaded our Master’s Thesis about 4 in the morning just in time to enjoy a cold beer looking at the sunrise. Holy shit I can’t believe Im almost done with University. Shit!

Great job! Next time don’t forget the lime!

I think I just witnessed a sleep paralysis. Within less than 40 minutes between falling asleep and waking up in panic - which makes no sense at all. I dreamed that all air between me and the blanket would be sucked out and then I couldn’t move. I just closed my eyes and woked up some seconds after it. Sorry for spelling mistakes, I’m still a bit shocked.

Sp I finally approved all my assigments of my carrer and have all the free road to start doing my professional practices but I’ll admit this semester had a bittersweet ending. While I did great grades in three of the 4 classes I had, the last one, Advaced Process Control, can be described as I didn’t gave a fuck about it. Didn’t study properly for the tests , was late at delivering projects and just general lazyness and incompetence.

So, how did the lazy ass bear got away with it a way that can be described as being a pathetic loser? Of course, giving the teacher a bottle of whisky. First and only time in all of my academic career that I did such thing. Not proud and I hope my own sloth doesn’t makes me fall again in this but at the end is done and solved.

Silly and lazy bear.

When experiencing sleep paralysis the first time it can be scary. But eventually you learn to focus on small movements first (toes, fingers) and gradually get one arm to move and “throw it” as if you are punching. That will get you out every time.

If you find it recurring, drink a glass of water before sleeping, or drink one after recovering from an attack. The additional electrolytes in circulation prevent this issue from happening though I don’t recall exactly why.

This is also the reason why if you are susceptible to this that you must avoid sleeping on a full stomach especially if what you had was food that absorbs water.

It makes me sad to think that an entire new generation of kids with Tourettes are still facing the same prejudice and skepticism towards their condition that I had to put up with around 20 years ago. You’d really think we’d have developed a better collective understanding since then, but it feels like there’s been no progress whatsoever. Disappointing.

Want to say after I read what happened to @Mads47 cat I take way more care of my doors. <3

Showed my gf the pictures and she does so too. We both now have paranoia.

Just got back from a short trip to Gothemburg (about 3.5 hours by train for me). I was there to see Foo Fighters in concert yesterday.

Very good concert. Weather was perfect, and Foo Fighters are really all about the showmanship, so it was superfun.
Last year Dave Grohl broke his leg during a concert at the same venue. Their concert yesterday started with a stuntman pretending to be Grohl taking a bad tumble.

Had an interview for a part time job today. I think it went well, although the guy honestly didn’t ask me that much and instead talked alot about the job. He said he will call me tonight or tomorrow to say if I’ve got it, it’s 9:20pm now so doubt he’ll call tonight. This and the Hitman reveal is going to make tomorrow feel so slow.

Didn’t get the job. Let’s hope the Hitman reveal isn’t disappointing.