What's New?

In my honest opinion, no. It just sounds like a massive flood of threads where we talk about stuff we’ve already talked about.

Good point. It’s 2:30am here, I think I need to go to bed.

Blast from the past with my friend Sidney.

Bearutiful pixels :bear::ok_hand:
Metal Gear has always covered the important bits of the graphics.

I just recently finished all my exams for school, thank god. I didn’t do too bad, I significantly improved my GPA and performance from last semester and last year as well. Pretty satisfied with it.

So I have a question. I am not a computer expert, but maybe one of you can help me (don’t use difficult terms please)

I am currently thinking about upgrading my PC. At the moment I have this:

GTX 1050Ti
I5-6400
8 GB Ram

I am doubting if I want to get the GTX 1070 (Ti) or the I7-8700K

Especially, I want it to run Hitman 2 on about 55 to 60 fps. Anyone who can give me some advise? My current fps on most games is 40-55

Get an i7 8086k.
HITMAN is a more CPU intensive game than GPU.

Thnx for the help 2029292

Ayyy I got my final exams coming up. Fuck.

Yo it’s fucking crazy over here. This is one of the craziest storms I’ve ever witnessed; it actually sounded like someone was firing mortars.

Fyi Travis is now afk until September. See ya @Travis_IOI!

@Clemens_IOI is our man now.:slight_smile:

https://twitter.com/IO_Travis/status/1007643648094359553

I guess he goes to Miami… :blush:
So @Clemens_IOI is the new Travis? :smile:

Have a good time, @Travis_IOI !

All the Hitman games are on sale on the Humble Bundle Store right now.

This is kind of random, but I’d rather not ask this to anyone in my real life because it is embarrassing. I have an interview in a week, and I have a problem with my CV. Basically, I worked for Subway for 5 months over 2 years ago, and I quit. The reason I quit was because I believe the boss was going to lay me off, but seemed reluctant to do it himself, so basically tried to get me to jump before he pushed me. This happened because I wasn’t good enough for the job, I was too slow, and I think they thought I was a bit incompetent. I was the only employee who never got a key to lock up the store, including the 16 year old employee. I need to figure out how to figure out how to spin this problem if my interviewers ask me about it.

Where are you from? Because in Italy if they are interested in hiring you they will call your ex bosses to ask questions.
You can tell the truth or you can some how tell a little lie that you had some home problems or study time related in that time or just that you didn’t like much the routine work.

I only had 2 serious jobs since I turned 18 and when I did the interviews on both of them I was very honest.
Including this last one.
My director told me that he had to choose between me and another guy for the job I current have. So very curious I asked him how did he ended up deciding to hire me.
He told me “I asked you if you know to do this and that and you told me no but that you are willing to learn. The other guy instead told me that he knows to do everything and when I asked him to show me he didn’t know nothing”.

In my opinion you will strike him more as an honest person if he ask’s about this job and you tell him exactly what you are telling us.

Well, in the UK, it is common practice to have 2 references in my CV. So I put the boss from my last job, a farmer, and the boss of the charity I volunteer for. I guess they can call my ex boss if they want, since my CV says what town the Subway is in and you can Google the number. I don’t know if they will, but it’s not impossible.

I’m not sure I can be that honest about it. The position is actually for another food job, as a catering assistant, and it’s for the Government’s National Health Service. So it seems inevitable something about the Subway job will turn up since it seems the most relevant job on my CV.

Put simply, if I were employed at human resources, I were to interview you for a position relating the food industry, and I saw that you had an experience in the sector; not only would I ask more about it; I would also question why you make it so hard for me to ask references of you. If I knew I would have to google the number of your most relevant previous employer because you didn’t provide it I’d immediatly think you’re hiding something.

What’s the big fear of saying you were not fast enough for the job? I work at a seafood processing plant and I am very clearly amongst the most incompetent employees for my lack of speed, but I put in the effort and the bosses notice that. If they want to lay me off they can do it, they’re the bosses. I need the money and it’s honest work I can cope with, so I’m not quitting even if I feel like I underperform. I can’t get better by leaving.

IMO you should bite the bullet and be upfront about your situation. Better that then to risk having your potential boss catch you in a lie. You may not be the fastest but that doesn’t mean you can’t improve, if not in speed then in other areas.

Probably because I’m applying for a hospital job, and hospitals probably want efficiency.

Well sure, I don’t plan to lie about it. I’m just figuring out how to spin it in a positive way I guess.

Also the NHS just sent me another job offer, for the same job but in a different hospital. So I’m now applying for the same job twice 2 days in a row next week. I feel a bit nervous now.

Two job offers? That’s a good sign! It suggest they really need someone for the position. I say your chances have improved, and so long as you show them your trying to better yourself for the job…well I’m not gonna say it’s in the bag for certain, but at least you know you did the best you could.

Heh, no offence but that is a funny thing to say. The NHS is constantly understaffed and needs employees. In fact Brexit may hurt the NHS even further since we actually depend on hiring doctors and nurses from foreign countries due to shortages. Not to mention the government who keeps making healthcare cuts at every turn and wants to try and privitise it eventually.