What's New?

I just checked the price on Lego Technic and I had no idea it was that expensive :open_mouth:, so lets hope they make 2 version of the DB5 :grinning:.

And since we are talking about Lego, this is pretty cool :grinning:, a Lego Agent 47:

The oil barons in my city are greedy fucks lol. $1.30 per litre.

Almost same as here in Norway ca $2.00 per litre, in the us I think you pay less than that for a gallon which is almost 4.00 litre :open_mouth:.
I’m glad i sold my car and bought a mountain bicycle instead, it’s very expensive to own a car here in Norway, so no point in owning one if you don’t really need it.

Wow, that’s really expensive. I don’t plan on getting a car (at least, not one of my own) in the future, so I’m safe.

In my town, the lowest gasoline price is currently $2.45 (€2.10) per gallon (3.785 liters).

Lowest I did yesterday was 1.49 € Diesel per Liter.
I remember when I filled up last year in Slovakia at 1.15 € per Liter. Good times.

I’m going on holiday tomorrow. Heading down to Blackpool by car at 6am with my dad and 3 others, going to try and hit the Pleasure Beach at 10am. Spend the day there, spend the night wandering Blackpool’s promenade, stay at hotel, and try and be back up at around 8pm on Saturday.

My Friday night

That movie below seems pretty interesting

Sometimes. A fox or a cat will go in the garbage section searching for something to eat.

Are those oreos part of the diet plan?

What diet? :sweat_smile: I did say that I’m avoiding sweets for most of the part.

@Chef-assassin How the f*** can you keep a diet now. Look what my coworker brought me from Poland :joy:

So something interesting happened today. Last night, I applied for a few jobs on a job site, not really reading the descriptions. Get a call this morning from an employment agency about one of the jobs, an event cleaner. Turns out, it’s for the Scottish Open, for the 4 days it is on starting tomorrow.

So that’s where I will be the next 4 days, picking up everyones litter and emptying bins. A little nervous, mainly because of how out of the blue and sudden this is, and I’m guessing there will be extremely little training, not to mention how undoubtably busy it will be. But then I guess it’s not like anything bad can happen if I am bad at it.

You are either beary lucky or about to learn why the hire so easily: a lot of horrors you will have to clean or dealing with nasty people, maybe both.

It is temporary. I imagine the reason I got it so easily is purely due to make up numers. I do know that I am to check toilets, and keep them stocked with toiler paper and scented, but I’m not sure if I am responsible for cleaning them.

If you aren’t responsible for cleaning toilets, then maybe it won’t be that bad. You know that for whatever reason the bathrooms where big events happen normally turn into a little pig farm scenary.

Cleaning isn’t that bad. And you don’t even have to be fast doing it. Don’t feel ashamed about the job but be proud that you’re doing something honest.

Why don’t you apply as a dishwasher in a restaurant? From there if you are willing to learn, you can catch up a few things about cooking.
My step dad had a Kosovo friend who started as a dishwasher and with some years he became the main “chef” in charge of making pizza in the same restaurant. Of course even the salary was much more.

I wouldn’t say I’m ashamed of it. Honestly, my CV is pretty bare and even a little thing like this could help strengthen it a bit. I’m more nervous, mainly because I just got the job today, and I’m to start tomorrow. I’m one of these people who likes to know what I’m doing a week in advance, so doing this suddenly is a bit of a shock, especially in a very crowded area.

I am hoping for a good job in Edinburgh. I’ve been volunteering for a charity shop for 6 years now, and they are opening a new store, looking for paid sales assistants. I’m hoping my long experience with the charity may give me a leg up in nabbing an interview. Retail work is what I know I’m good at it.

I think you have to do the basics pretty much. Check the bins if they are full, if there is paper in the restrooms, moping floors and I guess that’s it. I’m sure the hard work comes after the people leaving.

I’m like that as well, but one time I got a job on short notice ( on thursday or on friday I think and I had to start on monday :flushed: :joy:) and I ended up working there for 10 years, sometimes is better to be trown into something rather than going around a week or two to think about the job and start to worrying about things :smiley:.