What's New?

Hahaha seems like a pretty cool job honestly
You watch those on laptop or hotel pc?If laptop I suppose you also play hitman ocassionally

Laptop. Yes, last month I did a Hitman marathon.

Have you ever been? :wink:

The worst thing about my neighbour is that 90% of all the drumming I hear is this.

If I’m going to have a musician next door, I just want their music to be enjoyable; or at the very least make them play at 8:30am so I have a back-up in case I forget to set my alarm.

10:00 flight and land at 12:00. Why does flying have to be at such an inconvenient time?

Reminds me when I was in London a couple of months ago. I was scared to lose the plane because the next day I had to be at work so I arrived at the airport a couple of hours early, 4 to be precise.
I was just sitting there waiting with a bunch of people. I ate some sushi and I wished I paid in pounds and not with credit card because I was charged an extra 1,30 and something € for the currency exchange.

I still have some pounds coins at home as a souvenir.

On Saturday I got a temp job for 1 day to sell tickets at an Air Show, and got to see the Red Arrows perform. It was pretty cool, even if the job got boring by the end because I was hired to stay til 4pm and very few people bought tickets after 1pm. Out of the 8 and a half hours I only did about 3 hours of work I reckon, which isn’t exactly a bad deal. Even better, I actually got slightly more per hour than the last temp job of cleaning toilets and picking up litter at the Scottish Open.

It’s good when something like that works out. But now back to trying to find work again.

This cat’s meowing woke me up this morning.I can’t be mad though

You officially became a cat owner. The cat choosed you.

Handing in my resignation this evening. Training to become a nurse starts in September :smiley:

I didn’t choose this life. The life chose me!

So, we got a new cat called “Irma”, and a new PS4 Console (I am playing god of war and I am LOVING IT! Meanwhile he is playing PS4 version of Far Cry 5!)…And a new engagement ring…!
(The first picture with the white cat is of Zoro (Can you spot the new engament ring he bought us on his hand? Its gold and sexy) and the dark haired cat is Irma.)
image|669x499

Just saw St Vincent play live for the fifth time, fantastic show I was dancing the whole way through which I never do infront of people (alone in a different city fuck iiitt) and I recorded audio of the entire show on my phone. She played new arrangements of old songs that completely blew me away, very glad to have captured the entire thing.

I have a shit ton of rashes in both my hands since Monday. I was assigned to a new position on work since Monday… took me until today to make that connection because I normally wear gloves so large that should cover most of the area… but you’ll still get wet even with gloves and dressed in as many plastic as you find anyway so… I might ask to be reassigned.

I made it to trending on 9gag. I must learn now how to handle the fame :sunglasses:

I’ve always subscribed to the view that piracy is primarily a service problem, and this latest news somewhat supports that. Music piracy was rampant for the longest time because the major record companies didn’t want to give up any control. Everyone had to buy music on their terms and consumer choice was extremely limited. The music industry has been a complete dinosaur and extremely slow to adapt to new technology, and as such it is only just experiencing growth again after coming remarkably close to a full collapse.

I’m actually a bit disappointed. I’d love it if the record industry crashed and all of the major labels went out of business.

Record labels are actually the biggest money vultures.
Legit take so much money from creators in some record deals.

When the EU vote for the very questionable copyright reform was the next day, the state media came up with a German who is part of a label in the UK who defended the whole thing.

I really try to be optimistic when it comes to the neutrality of the state media but asking this guy who is not even part of the german music industry, is not even an artist himself but the PR manager of the label, I have my troubles.

They also let the biggest media company, Bertelsmann, speak in favour the reform earlier this day. It is so damn obvious this thing was only made to make the big fishes even bigger.

The industry used to be so insanely predatory, its ridiculous. Steve Albini wrote an amazing essay in 1993 that detailed just how bad things had become:

https://www.negativland.com/news/?page_id=17

The band is now 1/4 of the way through its contract, has made the music industry more than 3 million dollars richer, but is in the hole $14,000 on royalties. The band members have each earned about 1/3 as much as they would working at a 7-11, but they got to ride in a tour bus for a month. The next album will be about the same, except that the record company will insist they spend more time and money on it. Since the previous one never “recouped,” the band will have no leverage, and will oblige. The next tour will be about the same, except the merchandising advance will have already been paid, and the band, strangely enough, won’t have earned any royalties from their T-shirts yet. Maybe the T-shirt guys have figured out how to count money like record company guys. Some of your friends are probably already this fucked.

21 years later he gave a keynote speech to the Face the Music conference in Melbourne, that was a lot more optimistic and tone and praised the Internet for its role in not just bypassing the corporate element of the music business, but also bringing it to its knees.

Love listening to this dude talk about music. Finally get to see Shellac in 2 weeks, unf!

I have made friends with some clients. A couple. He’s a police officer and pretty much looks like 47 and even the same age 54.
Big bald guy. They offered to buy me some whisky later at the bar and I have the bartender’s ok.

Wish me luck, if I get tipsy enough I will ask him for a photo. Guy really resemblance 47 a bit.

EDIT: I didn’t have the courage to ask. Maybe tomorrow but hey, a police officer offered me whiskey.
That’s something