What's New?

Same thing for me with “If I Did It”. I mean, it didn’t fit, so he couldn’t have done it!

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic, but thank you anyway :smile:

1 Like

The thing is, nobody here is saying we should “ignore Lovecraft”. I’m not - I really enjoy Lovecraft and The Dunwich Horror is one of my all time favourite stories. What I am saying is, don’t make excuses for his racism under any circumstances. Don’t try to brush it under the rug by saying “it was a different time” because A. That’s not an excuse and B. It is irrelevant when we are discussing the effect his particular brand of weird fiction had on wider literature.

As someone once said, it is both possible, and even necessary, to simultaneously enjoy media while also being critical of its more problematic or pernicious aspects. Acknowledge that the racist rhetoric exists within his works, don’t try to diminish it for any reason whatsoever, and then move on. But don’t act like it can’t be part of the discourse surrounding the author and their works.

2 Likes

Same here bro!
I’m very pleased to see I will be getting $8,400 back :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

This will definitely help a lot. Time to pay off a few things and finally get back on track.

2 Likes

Going down the rabbit hole that is Silent Hill 2 on PC. It’s not fun, but im just trying to get passed this screen despite using a No-CD Executable needed for the enhanced edition.

SH2PC Title 1_28_2020 6_28_05 PM

It says you have made a huge mistake, that you should just emulate the original version and that here at Konami all sales are final you baka gaijin.

Nope, I messed up installing the Enhanced Files and accidentally replaced the vanilla files in the master folder.

AHAHAH I DID IT… fuck konami and them not supporting their team silents masterpieces

fixed

1 Like

As someone who only watches the Super Bowl every year for the creative ads, I am offended that companies are now not only releasing teasers for their ads, but sometimes even releasing the whole ad online before the big game.

My annual tradition, ruined!

I swear this Superbowl ad phenomenon is like a scene from Idiocracy. I can see it now: People watching ads then being disappointed when the sports come on again. Then go nuts when the commercials come back on and they are all nonsense.

Sorry. I just find the whole thing weird that is all and this is coming from a non-sporting person.

Surely not all ads are being teased and you don’t have to watch the teasers or already released ads.

Advertising ads with teasers? What the fuck is going on over there?

5 Likes

Basically me. I don’t really care for football. I just want to see what companies can do in 30-60 seconds.

That is true. Though word of mouth across the internet has proven to spoil some ad gimmicks.
The Planters Peanut company announced that they killed off their mascot Mr. Peanut in a tease of this year’s big ad. News outlets have reported in detail about the full ad in question.

And yeah, that’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard of. I’m pretty sure that trend started 1 or 2 years ago.

2 Likes

Nor do I but it seems weird that some people watch a stop-start game tat lasts several hours all to watch ads they can access online the day after.

Holy shit I can’t believe they are killing off Mr Peanut. No seriously people will whine so much Planters will have no choice but to bring him back.

Yep even made front page of a comic news site I visit.

Yet I still place advertisers and marketers higher than self-help authors.

1 Like

I blame my FOMO. It’s the sense of watching all these new things alongside others that gets to me.

Also, there’s sometimes some nice surprise ad reveals. I know Netflix has been dropping a surprise trailer for one of their various shows during the game for the past 3 years or so.

Thank god someone who links their acronyms, this makes me so incredibly happy.

1 Like

Dislocated my thumb this afternoon. Don’t recommend it. Not as bad as my hip 17 years ago, and I can still play the XB1, but I’d avoid it if possible!

8 Likes

That’s hot -Will Smith.

Time zone shift has me all out of sorts. 6am Chicago to SF. 10:45am SF to Singapore. The movie options were rubbish and I managed to get 5 or 6 hours of sleep. Landed around 8pm, went to the rooftop bar for a drink or three and was asleep at midnight. Now it’s 2:30am and I am awake. :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

HITMAN 2 (or the future sequel) should try this.

Prior to the latest update, Days Gone took up over 60 GB (mine was at 60.8 GB as of patch 1.30, which was admittedly a little bit dated). Update 1.61 is a hefty 30.763 GB download, but once you’ve got that installed, it brings the overall Days Gone file size down to a much more manageable 38.71 GB.

Through the magic of good compression techniques, Days Gone’s full install is now almost half the size it once was. Last I checked, HITMAN 2 is over 125 GB

4 Likes

Surgery tomorrow. Yay.

6 Likes