What's New....?

The impeachment process is a political process, not a court of law. Trump will be in civil and actual court NY. Civil court in D.C. and maybe actual court in Georgia. You can’t indict a sitting US President, so all these cases were just waiting for him to not be president anymore.

Let’s maybe move this to the News Thread?

6 Likes

We’re not really discussing a specific news story thing though

excuse me, I couldn’t resist

6 Likes

In less war crime related talk :wink: @Fuzk just set a new World Record… maybe Druzhina was a tad too OP

10 Likes

Impeachment is still relatively current news and, judging by comments like

and @MrOchoa 's war crime reply this has to potential to get really ugly. Let’s try to remember the guidance on civilzed discussion everyone

3 Likes

Everything has the potential to “get ugly” in online discourse, but we all know each other and are behaving like adults. Nobody has broken any rules or done anything wrong.

5 Likes

You can’t be serious bro

Everything i could say about US politics and their position of Power in this world would ruin this beautiful thread and i dont want that, so I’ll stop right there.

Also it was the best use of this terrible briefing from Hitman 2.

3 Likes

I was messing on my phone and found out I own Hitman: Sniper on my Google account. They gave it away for free in 2018 and I forgot all about it :laughing:

Bless you Square / IO

8 Likes

Also regarding this screenshot, is “Knoxes” the plural of Knox? I thought it would be Knox’, but I’m not a Master of the English language l, as you might have noticed by now.

I think that’s applicable to first names, not so much surnames. Also it’s talking about more than one person with the same family name. I found this useful:

If the name ends in s, z, ch, or sh, add es. That means the Davis family becomes the Davises, the French family becomes the Frenches, the Hernandez family becomes the Hernandezes, the Glaves family becomes the Glaveses.

If the name ends in x, add es—unless the x is silent. So the Felix family becomes the Felixes, and the Bordeaux family becomes the Bordeauxs.

9 Likes

I truly hate this rule :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: my surname already ends in ‘es’ so my family is the XXeses. A trash language

8 Likes

English is so fucking stupid lmao

5 Likes

All languages have their quirks :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s their last name so putting an S or ES on it is correct.

For another example… the plural of goose is geese. However, if my last name happens to be Geese, and you were talking about multiple people in my family you would use Geeses.
“I was playing football with the Geeses.” << the people named Geese.

“I was giving bread to the geese.” << the animal that looks kinda like a swan.

1 Like

Haha alright thanks! the Geese reminded me of this great video from James Rolfe

3 Likes

Where even I get confused is the plural possessive of a name that ends with X.

To talk about a car owned by Sierra Knox you would say “Ms Knox’s car.” << Singular possessive.

But how do I write the company owned by all members of the Knox family?

Is it “the Knoxes’ company” or is it “the Knoxs’ company?” I think it’s Knoxes’ but I really don’t know.

1 Like

It is “Knox’s company” or “Robert’s Company” because Robert is a founder and the CEO while Sierra is just a CFO.

I hadn’t thought of this stupid way to type surnames until I heard some guards talk about “Yateses” in Mendoza. :laughing:

4 Likes