What's New....?

I (hopefully) just ended a days long Twitter debate(?). I’ll call it that but it was mostly him being convinced he’s right because he just KNOWS everyone else is wrong (just ask him, he’ll tell you). It was kind of hilarious (in a depressing way) and (mostly) mildly annoying until he started trying to resurrect the “slavery is a necessary evil” argument.

It (finally) clicked that he was not only never going to be reasoned with but also that he was clearly born in the wrong century. I think the worst part was that he was SO close to seeing how ignorant he sounded but then he kept subconsciously translating his beliefs on slavery to modern human, social, and civil rights. I’d already been looking for an exit for a few exchanges but, once I realized this was an underlying theme through most of our discussion, I was out. What the actual fuck is wrong with some people?

NOTE: this is why I tend to avoid Twitter; it’s a toxic cesspool that contributes less than nothing to society

2 Likes

If we ever do, I’m sure you’ll remind us! :joy:

2 Likes

Going to a gym for the first time in my life tomorrow (yes, I’m 43). I’m kind of in shape with a BMI of 19, don’t feel too bad. Decided while being awake at night to try this. Booked a lesson with an instructor as I absolutely have no idea what I’m going to do there. Of course that’s just a first free lession. Will decide if I join over the weekend. But I really want to strentghen my back and my legs. If I’m still alive after this lesson I’ll let you know over in the fitness thread… Wish me luck!

11 Likes

Twitter discourse is literally what you engage in if you want to lose brain cells. People use some emojis and sarcasm and then think they are right. Twitter is hugely anti-intellectual and filled with people where if you even question one thing that they say because you genuinely don’t understand something, they just act more shitty.

5 Likes

Oh, trust me, I know! That’s why I’ve mostly given it up. Unfortunately, sometimes I relapse…

1 Like

Don’t worry, I have social media relapses and spirals too. I guess the best thing to remember is just to think about your own mental health and not push yourself too hard.

1 Like

Tomorrow Is the opening day for our annual Halloween Haunt for the general public. We’ve been fortunate enough to to have the budget doubled compared to previous years and with that came new additions to the Bars I’ll be running during the nights. So everything feels fresh and new. Today I’ve done all initial prep needed to survive the weekend which totaled between combined 800 Blood Bags and Zombie Juices adult beverages along with 500 Syringes filled with Strawberry Daiquiri for one of our mixed drinks. Also tomorrow I’ll have to get caked up in a costume with makeup since the two bars are themed.

On a more personal note, I reconnected with someone who I met back in 2019 and we might go catch up sometime soon so that’s exciting.

11 Likes

I’m not the only one who wants to see that costume, I’d assume :grin:

3 Likes

Dear regulars,

Only 10 hours left until the nominations of the forum awards are finalized. If you haven’t voted yet, you could do it here.

7 Likes

I just want to quickly shout out @scat1620 because on my way to class today, I was giggling about the queens guard meme.

2 Likes

Went in for the new Covid booster this morning. :mask: :syringe:

Foaming at the mouth and a ravenous craving for raw meat is normal, right?

14 Likes

Sure, that is to be expected. Best to slay a goat at midnight during the next full moon and to feast on it :wink:

11 Likes

I’ve brought my dog Peach in to her primary vet for the first annual she’s due for since we got her last year. However, they’ve put us up in the same room where, just two days shy of one year ago, my previous dog Peggy was put down. I’m sitting in that room while Peach is in the back getting examined, and I’m staring at the top of the table in front of me, the last place I ever saw Peggy, both alive and dead. It’s painful.

16 Likes

I remember standing in a parking lot with my daughter just sobbing uncontrollably after we put a dog down. I’ve had to do it too many times over the years and it’s never any less painful. I’m sorry friend.

13 Likes

Went to the country side with my parents to gather grapes to make wine. Wasn’t that eventful but I did see a rainbow (it’s actually a double rainbow but the second one is very hard to see in the photo)

Made some new friends

Ye olde way of crushing grapes because my old man is really cheap when it comes to buying an electric crusher or anything that is modern.

We only managed to gather like ~520kg of grapes which he said it wasn’t enough so he decided to go buy some more… and haul everything in our car :crazy_face:

26 Likes

If you hadn’t said grapes, I would’ve thought that was marijuana. :wink:

9 Likes

Over a ton of Mary Jane? Far out dude!

11 Likes

Interesting that that’s where your mind first went.

Bag of Marijuana: :notes: “I pulled into @Nazareth, was feelin’ about half past dead…”

5 Likes

If we can get an excellent modern TV series of Mickey Mouse shorts featuring his shrill, high-pitched voice (The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse), I don’t understand why we can’t get a good Mario movie where Charles Martinet does the same.

Heck, I’m sure the cartoonish, slapstick antics of the old-fashioned cartoon style would fit Mario very well as a fully-animated character.

4 Likes

I’d prefer a real cartoon over a CGI Movie tbh, I’ve always loved the 90s Artworks from Club Nintendo Magazin.
33-335887_peach-tumblr-mario-bowser-and-peach

6 Likes