What's New....?

Me who made it into a profile pic cause I thought the imagery was cool.

7 Likes

Have a date on Tuesday, going to go see Pearl. Will post an update after said date.

13 Likes

By God, Quora is such an unbearable site to browse that I am thankful its userbase hasn’t spread itself out to other social media sites. I don’t when or why I created an account there, but I finally had the willpower to delete it. How their users ask the most cocksure questions and bait users to write scathing replies is a question I will never discover.

“I want to resign at a job I work at. But instead of submitting a resignation letter I stalked my boss and murdered his wife and now I’ve been ordered a restraining order against them. Where did I go wrong?”

“My son comes home from school with bruises and a swollen eye. Clearly he should be bullied more so how do I make him even more miserable?”

“As a somebody, is it bad if I do bad thing because bad thing is viewed as bad thing so now I’m a bad person?”

“Jeez I know this is bait but I’m gonna tell you there is everything wrong with you without elaborating why. Blocked. Reported. L take.”

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

11 Likes

Five hundred Indian people descend to tell him his biggest problem was getting caught.

Five hundred wine moms descend to tell her to call the kid a pussy for not fighting back.

NTA the other guy had it coming to him.

Oh wait… I might be lost.

This person communicates in Wojaks. He is most likely going to die alone and stupid. Just feel good knowing your are most likely a more emotionally intelligent and intellectually richer person.

7 Likes

I just remembered I am alive and maybe communicate here more

6 Likes

The internet was a mistake.

Sorry, not necessarily new (I have a bit of a habit of that) but I’m just so sick of people being so far up their asses they don’t even see anyone or anything around them but themselves. And don’t even get me started about “modern, smart audiences”. I’m not going to say that people should just enjoy things but it is clear at this point that some people just don’t like the fields they talk about and should probably find something else to do (for EVERYONE’S sakes). They complain about absolutely EVERYTHING, often in direct opposition to others commenting on the same thing. Or worse, directly contradicting THEMSELVES. If the story is too hard to follow or the characters too much to keep track of, it’s the show or movie’s fault. But, god forbid, the things get explained! Then, it’s too simple or straightforward or “something I could have figured out for myself, thanks, 0/10”.

deep breath

Anyway, I’m fairly confident I’ve complained about this shit before (possibly more than once) so feel free to ignore my ramblings. There’s a lot more I could go into (and I have). I just needed to vent (not to mention stop looking at comments or reviews). I think what gets me is that people are so full of themselves these days that anything they don’t agree with can’t possibly be real. “It’s JUST GOT to be a bot or paid for or both! Other REAL humans can’t POSSIBLY fail to see my glory and agree with it COMPLETELY!” It’s like, fine, have your… whatever take but let other people have theirs.

Long story short, I need to take my own advice one day and enjoy what I enjoy and not let others ruin it for me. What a cathartic post! Apologies again, thanks for coming to my TED talk.

PS: let me know if this should be in another thread. I wasn’t sure and the FEELING, while not itself new, JUST NOW hit me again so this experience was new (and recent) from a certain point of view. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

I, for one, hear you. I am sick to death of “the internet” declaring plot holes that aren’t, continuity errors that don’t matter, opinions as fact, and the stupid polarization that exists everywhere. “With us or against us” is no way to go through life.

8 Likes

I feel you brother

7 Likes

Exactly. If everyone would just realize that I’m right and you’re wrong, the world would be so much more peaceful.

4 Likes

Peace? We shall have peace… We shall have peace, when you answer for the burning of the Westfold, and the children that lie dead there! We shall have peace, when the lives of the soldiers whose bodies were hewn even as they died against the gates of the Hornberg, are avenged! When you hang from a gibbit for the sport of your own crows…! We shall have peace.

Sorry, I was watching The Return of the King this morning.

2 Likes

Now for wrath! Now for ruin! And the red dawn!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Eh, the Internet makes only visible what has always been there. Just another measure point for our society. :grin:

6 Likes

that’s my gravestone sorted.

i don’t think the rise of social media platforms, where people’s opinion are the product, and the increasing belief in the sanctity of one’s own opinion, is a coincidence.

brought to you by pepsi

3 Likes

Well, excuse me, while I go play Hitman.

Brought to you by Target.

3 Likes

Glad I could help with that

2 Likes

so, october is nearing. Which means it’s time for

though a recent thing, I’m excited as all hell to actually participate this year (or atleast try to participate)
and i was wondering if any other creative forum members would be willing to join me on this venture this year, either for one day, or the entire month. The goal is to create an artwork for each day based on these prompts.

7 Likes

Yeah, but it amplifies and reinforces it (mad at lightning speed). Hence, why it was a mistake and people are getting increasingly stupid in the so-called “Age of Information”… :grin:

1 Like

Just letting you guys know that after different conflicts with my gender identity, I still don’t have a label for myself yet. However, I’ve come to realize that they/he pronouns work for me, so if anyone wondered what to use for me, I’ve finally came to something.

11 Likes

Not trying to antagonize you or anything but we’ll probably just call you by your username for the most part.

5 Likes