What's New....?

Aw man… Seeing this actually reminds me of (and makes me miss) the soothing effects of playing with Lego in my childhood years… It also reminds me that back then, I actually had some creativity in me and was able to build just about anything simply because I decided/wanted to :cry: (still proud of my mini-Titanic and Pucará replicas)

8 Likes

How come the Countach made out of actual blocks looks less blocky than the real car?

5 Likes

It is a amazing set, i am a huge speed champions fan, like huge, i own most of the sets (original included) so it was a joy to see you build the Lambogini, which is one of my favorites of recent years.
I just need to build my Mercedes set, might do that later.
Have a good one! :heart:

5 Likes

…and let’s not ignore the hateful seething agony of stepping on misplaced lego bricks as a parent.

i imagine there is a hell down there dedicated entirely to inflicting stepping-on-lego pain for eternity.

7 Likes

a speed champions set with less than 100 stickers! its a miracle!

7 Likes

Took the car to the garage again today to find out what has been causing a loud noise. Turns out I need a new rear differential. But the garage says there are a few other problems too, on top of the exhaust I had to replace a few weeks ago. Garage reckons I got ripped off by the place I bought the car from due to how many issues this car has.

Feeling very frustrated, just want to cry and throw a tantrum like a toddler about the whole thing. I need the car for work and hope it can keep running for another week before the rear diff part arrives, then need to decide what the next move is.

7 Likes

2022 was a good year for video games…

e09

2 Likes
5 Likes

11/10, truly the best Joker ever.

3 Likes

My favorite would be Jack Nicholson, but he’s close!

4 Likes

Hey, Jack is my favourite as well!

3 Likes

Ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? some of the guards in Colorado say this too btw :smiley:

5 Likes

So, to preface this: I’m not well versed in building computers, repairing, maintaining… none of that stuff. I’ve always bought computers fully assembled. I’ve barely even looked inside one before.

Well, today my screen just froze, and when I tried starting the computer there was just a continuous beep and a black screen.

I googled it, and for the first time in my life opened up my computer intending to do stuff in there.
Basically my RAM is borked. Pulled them one by one to find which one, and now my computer works again, but with just 8GBs of RAM instead of 16GBs.

I plan on buying new RAM and installing it myself this coming week.
Think I should upgrade to 32GBs while I’m at it?

11 Likes

It is generally a good idea to have two RAM sticks of the same kind. If you want to go to 32GB, don’t mix two different 16GB sticks but buy two identical ones.

Also, you can’t get the most recent generation of them if the motherboard does not support it. If you find out how your mainboard is called, you can find out which RAM they are compatible with. Probably DDR4.

6 Likes

The ones I have/pulled are DDR4, so I’m just gonna go with that. Thanks for the tips.

2 Likes

Things seem to be improving, doctor finally figured out what was wrong with my eye, turns out the conjunctivitis is a part of an allergic reaction. Have no clue what I am reacting to but we cleaned out the room and it made it better so I guess it is dust.

As for my job I have decided I am most likely going to quit, pretty much everyone on Seek says my company’s management is dogshit and I have to agree so I am thinking on Monday I tell my employment agent that I am at my wit’s end and I am telling my TL to improve something or I walk. I have a very strong inkling I am going to be walking good and proper.

9 Likes

Crowbcat woke once more from his stasis

2 Likes

Lamborghini Countach complete.
Yesterday was unfortunately a lazy day, but today I got back in the mood to finish the second half and it looks great.

Too many stickers though :fearful:
Once I got to the page where I used the last one, I felt so relieved.

Plus some pictures of its innards that you don’t see. Weird how much can get covered up in decent builds like this.

17 Likes

Welcome to my world, I’ve got pretty much every speed champion set

4 Likes

May i introduce you to my favorite theme that usually has 0 stickers, lego architecture.

They did the same thing for the lego vespa, i guess its for the car/scooter freaks who love seeing minute detail like that

5 Likes