What's New....?

I knew many irl friends who worked in the building where the gunman attacked.

This is just devastating to hear.

10 Likes

Gun violence is rare in New Zealand, which tightened its gun laws after a gunman killed 51 Muslim worshippers in Christchurch in 2019 in the country’s worst peacetime mass shooting.

Not tight enough it seems :confused:
Hope your friends are alright…

10 Likes

Paid attention to the blurb at the bottom of the login page for our new ERP system at work today:

And for the first time in my life, to my knowledge, I can finally say:

773a8c98-5f66-4ac7-92d8-805fa7049561_text

10 Likes

Been up since 5 in the morning making this, couldn’t sleep, needed Jarvis :purple_heart:

7 Likes

I’m having holidays before my new job will start in one week and I am so glad that I can finally leave my old job behind :two_hearts: and I am also healing from all the stuff with Papas death and I am making quite the healing journey :sweat_smile: spending much time with friends and my brother and Mama and also being creative.

On thursday I visited the cologne Flora with Mama, it’s a botanical garden. It was wonderful, so many beautiful plants and flowers! We had a great time there :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: there was also a beautiful café where you ordered food, like salad or soups or even cake, which came in a glass. We got some kind of picnic bag, they filled it with our order and with cutlery and than we sat down at the terrace. It was such a cute idea!

24 Likes

This reminds me of when I went to a beautiful garden when visiting Detroit. It was called Belle Isle Park. Besides the garden inside the main building they also had lots of exotic plants. It was a really fun and relaxing experience.

5 Likes

Why need voice actors and writers?

2 Likes

Problem is, this kind of tech will get better and better with time, so robotic voices will be a thing of the past and will sound natural. Voice actor and writer jobs are in danger if laws aren’t made to protect them, along with other jobs that can be affected by the rise of AI and greedy higher ups.

2 Likes

What is impressive are follower mods that are actually voiced by real people, programmed and scripted by real people, actual work and thought put into 'em.

Sometimes developers even work together

Fun fact, the Inigo mod is one of Todd’s favorite mod :grin:

3 Likes

this is a problem in itself. laws are made and passed by governments who are in hoc to lobbying groups and who don’t really care about the effects this’ll have on individual. hoping our governments will pass laws that benefit us over themselves is tragically futile.

if companies think it is worth it, they’ll be working government officials via aggressive lobbying to create policy that goes their way. if it saves them money and boosts profit, they will think it’s worth it.

3 Likes

Well, it’s official, my wife starts her new job this Friday. And, she’s gonna have to travel to the state that the branch of the company she’s working for is headquartered next month, on the week of my birthday in fact. While that is unfortunate, that actually turns out to be the week that I had taken off work, so I’ll be able to stay home and take care of Peach, and it’s the week the Sarajevo Six releases. So not only will my wife start bringing in salary again, but she gets to travel to another state for a week, and I get to stay home with just my dog and play to my heart’s content. And none of this was planned, other than me taking off the week of my birthday. It’s funny how things work out.

10 Likes

Heisenberg has a dog named Peach, that’s adorable :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I’ll be participating in a Network+ course from next week. It’s an interesting area with huge real life merges I never got to actually understand.

Not long after I’d have parental modems to fix alongside their laptop issues :weary:

4 Likes

Are you feeling it now, Mr Krabs?

nsfw images in there

Reminds me of Ren and Stimpy Adult Party and the pilot / short for Rick and Morty

3 Likes

I had to take the car in for maintenance. The dealer has the best coffee machine ever. It has 50 options including a shot of espresso with chocolate milk. Fantastic!

But they also have the landrover Lego toy that I didn’t know existed…. If only :crown: :dragon: :fire: would let me have legos

9 Likes

There’s a real nasty storm in my city. Hasn’t been one as bad as this in years. My city is in the center of the southern one

https://www.webcamtaxi.com/en/romania/vaslui-county/centre-vaslui-cam.html

13 Likes

Oh that doesn’t look good :flushed: Stay safe @EvilGeniusRo :pray::two_hearts:

10 Likes

Thank you! I’ll be fine in house, I just hope the roof that we have built on our apartment block won’t fly away and also my mom getting home from work safely :grimacing:

10 Likes

(Sorry i had to)

10 Likes

Well no one died from last night’s storm but people did get hurt (unlike in other parts of the country) and there’s plenty of damage, something that I have never seen happen in this city.

By the time my mom got home from work, storm already stopped :smile:

11 Likes