Who is behind 47?

That title is clickbait yo.

So, an interesting question I came up with - what if we create a list of Agency’s clients, the ones, who hired each 47’s hit? It’s really interesting that there are fewer contracts with unknown clients rather than with known. Anyway, let’s get to it.

Codename 47

This is easy - in the end, we discover all 4 main hits were ordered by daddy Ort-Meyer. Of course, Meet your brother and some other sections do not have a client as 47 just makes his own way.

Silent Assassin

This is easy too - all 5 main hits were ordered by Sergei Zavorotko. Anathema is not an official contract so is Redemption at Gontranno - just 47’s having his saving mission. Saint Petersburg Revisited is ordered either by ICA to earn UN approval, or by the UN itself.

Contracts

We will exclude C47 missions remakes for obvious reasons.
So, this is the first game with contracts, where clients are kind of unknown. And even though some of them are pretty obvious, I will still write most likely… Because we don’t know for sure.

Asylum Aftermath : No client. Just 47 escaping after a family union went wrong.

The Meat King’s Party - the girl’s father.

Bjarkov Bomb - considering the main mission was to sabotage the deal, most likely this contract was ordered by authorities or ICA itself - to stabilize the situation, just like at the end of H2:SA.
@Pitman says: Could be someone in Russian military or government who’s aware of Bjarkov selling weapons to terrorists but whose hands are tied for some reason.

However, I would also like to offer a slightly more crazy theory. Fabian was sent out to buy a bomb. It’s not said who was behind him, but his brothers would be the most obvious candidates. This means the hit took place before Traditions of the Trade. In that case it’s very likely that they originally planned to buy their bomb to blow up the hotel from Bjarkov.

So who was then client then? I think it could have been good ol’ Dr. Ort-Meyer. Franz was an infamous terrorist, so he probably went underground making it hard to find him. Even for a man like Ort-Meyer. Maybe by killing his brother and their bomb supplier, Franz was forced to take a more active role? Perhaps he originally wasn’t even supposed to be in Bucharest and had to take over Fabian’s role in the bombing plot?

Beldingford Manor - most likely, Giles’ father, - Mr/Lord Northcott, even 47 says it was him… But then Beldingfords photos appear 15 years later in the Colorado basement. Were they targeted by some Providence enemy or even Lucas Grey, and the hit was disguised to be a “personal business” between two families? You’ll never know…

Rendezvous in Rotterdam - most likely, it was the person whose photos we’re taking from Van Leuven. Some politician or public person? Update from @Jk47: it’s the police chief who is currently a mayoral candidate.

Hunter and Hunted - for some reason, 47 wants to kill inspector because “he’s learned too much about 47”. Oddly enough, it perfectly matches the contract objective. There is a slight possibility that the inspector wasn’t 47’s initial target, as Curtains Down doesn’t even mention Fournier…

Blood Money

The Death of a Showman - father of the poor boy who died on that ferry wheel. How he knows about ICA though, is another question. Possibly, not just a random dude.

The Vintage Year - considering Manuel was killed in order to disguise the hit as the drug-related hit, this hit was ordered by someone who suffered from Pinochet’s regime, or perhaps Fernando got something incriminating on that person from older times. Or this might have been a double bluff and the client is from a rival cartel what

Curtains Down - someone whose relatives suffered from D’Alvade and Dellahunt perversions…
@Accidental-kills98 says: certain US government officials hired 47 to kill Dellahunt as it was the only way they could remove him from office and stop the trafficking ring. Cannot recheck that yet, might be true.
@Pitman says: Either someone who was involved in the child trafficking who wanted to cover-up his involvement or someone who felt that prison was too good for them and felt they need to be dealt with The Punisher style.

Flatline - someone who doesn’t want the witness to appear in court. I still don’t get who is/are exactly clients for optional targets - same as main targets or what?
@Accidental-kills98 says: The mafia is behind Flatline since all targets appeared to have been Mafiosi on the run and I assume their respective bosses put hits on them the moment they dropped off the grid.

A New Life - strange coincidence that another witness lives in California too and is wanted dead. Developers might have planned these two contracts to be from the same person.
@Accidental-kills98 says: Neither contracts are linked by anything more than geography since Sinistra was the head of his own cartel and I think a newspaper implies a Cuban official hired 47 to kill Vinnie to bury any links the person had to the Sinistra Cartel.

The Murder of Crows - most likely, US government, or once again ICA.
@Pitman says: A political ally of the target or even the target himself. Not sure why they didn’t let the police/FBI deal with the assassins instead.

You Better Watch Out - most likely, Chad’s father who doesn’t want incriminating tapes to come out… And to dispose of his unworthy son.
@Pitman says: Might have been Chad’s father, but I feel it’s more likely that it’s one of his associates who ordered the hit without Bingham Sr.’s knowledge. That person probably saw Chad as a liability and wanted to prevent a scandal. Might be, but I think the idea was to show us a father who kills his own son.

Death on Mississippi and Till Death Do Us Part - for sure it’s Margeaux Leblanc. Those dirty photos of her, she is VIP even though she’s not in danger as Cilley in New Orlean was, she gets all money from dead relatives and goes to Las Vegas as you can see in House of Cards newspaper.

House of Cards - a lot of options here. It’s either US or any other government that doesn’t want the DNA samples to fall in Sheikh’s hands, ICA (Sheikh might even be Franchise ally - a direct threat to ICA), or just rival pharmaceutical company. What is interesting though, DNA briefcase isn’t ordered to be evacuated. That might be a hint that the client is so powerful they can without any problems retrieve this dangerous briefcase from LVPD if needed… Or developers just didn’t think in this direction that far.

Dance with the Devil - once again the USA who wants to shut down illegal weapon trafficking?
@Pitman says: Martinez is a corrupt CIA agent. So the agency decided to hire the ICA for some house cleaning. This would also explain why Agent Smith – an ICA (CIA) agent himself – was waiting in 47’s escape van. How else would’ve have known that 47 would be there?

Amendment XXV - obviously, Agent Smith.

Absolution

A Personal Contract is ordered by Travis, The King of Chinatown - by Birdie, Absolution - most likely curated by rehabilitated Diana. All other missions were 47’s own doing, even though Birdie helped him with few Chicago hits. Can we just move on from this game?

Update: there is also Sniper Challenge, which has the contract on the head of Stallion Armaments put by our favorite villain Blake Dexter.

Hitman (2016)

All credits to @Markie for their work below. Some of my notes (in italics) are present though.

Main campaign:

Freeform Training: Now, of course, it’s not an actual contract, however, this simulation is based on the real hit. It’s interesting who was behind that contract on Ritter - Aleksander Kovac by any chance? (he orders hit on other remaining Yardbirds almost 20 years later)

Final Test: Now, of course, it’s not an actual contract, however, this simulation is based on the real hit. The US government, or rather the CIA was the client. Later it’s implied that Janus manipulated CIA to make that decision.

The Showstopper: MI6 hired the ICA to eliminate Viktor Novikov and Dalia Margolis to prevent a confidential MI6 NOC list from being leaked out.

World of Tomorrow: An Ether shareholder wanted to prevent the virus from being unleashed on the world and hired the ICA to eliminate Silvio Caruso and Francesca De Santis.

A Gilded Cage: Construction company Hamilton-Lowe hired the ICA to eliminate General Zaydan and Claus Hugo Strandberg to preserve lucrative building contracts with the Moroccan government which would be canceled if coup d’etat was successful.

Club 27: Hannah Highmoore’s parents want revenge on Jordan Cross and Ken Morgan of their daughter and subsequent coverup.

However, Lucas Grey stands behind all of those four hits, manipulating “formal” clients to get his own benefit.

Freedom Fighters - direct ICA attack on Shadow Client for manipulating them (look above)

Situs Inversus - direct ICA attack on traitorous Erich Soders and Yuki Yamazaki, his curator in Providence.

Bonus missions:

The Icon: L’Avventura Pictures, contractually unable to fire him, has hired the ICA to eliminate Dino Bosco before he runs out their funding with his reshoots.

A House Built on Sand: Hamilton-Lowe put hits out on Matthieu Mendola and Kong Two-Kwang to prevent Mendola from leaking out confidential Hamilton-Lowe documents to Kong.

Landslide: Silvio Caruso, either out of revenge for his past bullying or to protect his town from a corrupted ultraright madman, put the hit out on Marco Abiatti.

Patient Zero: mysterious “Locksley” has heard of the death cult Liberation’s plans to spread a deadly virus over the globe and put a hit on all of them to put an end to their plans.

The Sarajevo Six: Taheji Koyama decided to atone for his war crimes by placing contracts on his fellow SS members and finally, himself. Interestingly, it was “Locksley” who told Koyama about ICA. Without him this series of contracts won’t be issued.

Some of the Elusive Targets:

Sergei “the Forger” Larin: His wife, Simone Larin, who he has disgraced and scammed by forging and selling her heirloom painting

Anthony “the Congressman” Troutt: Unknown, likely a political rival like a rival Congressman

Father Adalrico “the Prince” Candelaria: Unknown, likely a Pinochet regime survivor who lost a loved one to his machinations or a fellow Pinochet regime member wanting to cover up their tracks

Jonathan “the Sensation” Smythe: Unknown, likely a family member of one of his victims

Vito “the Gunrunner” Đurić: Unknown, likely a rival gunrunner.
@Accidental-kills98 says: It might be Kronstadt who authorized the hit as revenge for stealing their tech and selling it. Because only Kronstadt should decide which despots get the best drones.

Dylan “Twin” Narváez: Unknown, likely his brother or a business partner

Gary “the Wildcard” Busey: The studio Busey ran out on and ripped off.

Kieran “The Paparazzo” Hudson: Jackie Carrington.

Bartholomew “The Bad Boy” Argus: Tommy “The Hammer” Stoakes, a former “partner”.

Pertti “The Bookkeeper” Järnefelt: our favorite mysterious “Locksley”.

Hitman 2 (2018)

Main campaign:

Missions from Nightcall to Chasing a Ghost are ICA attacks on Shadow Client’s assets, possibly ordered by Providence. Missions from Another Life to The Last Resort are not actual contracts, because once again in series 47 isn’t working for money, this time though teaming up with Diana Burnwood, Lucas Grey and Olivia Hall.

All credits to @Markie for their work below. Some of my notes (in italics) are present though.

Sniper Assassin:

The Last Yardbird: Aleksander Kovac wants to eliminate his old friends Dorian Lang, Guillaume Maison and Doris Lee, as well as their bodyguards for some reason so that he could retrieve the loot he hid together with them as the members of Yardbirds gang years ago.

The Pen and the Sword: Unknown, but most likely an American official or military leader who cannot bear his country losing face put forward the contract on Colonel Jin Noo, Captain Lhom Kwai, and Captain Re Thak, as well as the Heavenly Guard soldiers.

Crime and Punishment: Unknown, but likely a Russian mobster or politician wants Roman Khabko and Vitaly Reznikov dead, along with the Siberian Tigers.

Special Assignments:

A Silver Tongue/A Bitter Pill: Unknown, likely a victim of their scam wanted Ajit Krish and Galen Vholes dead.

Embrace Of The Serpent: Unknown, likely an environmental agency or celebrity activist placed the hit on Blair Reddington

Illusions Of Grandeur: “A past victim of Basil Carnaby’s thievery.”

I wrote this in a rush, so I 100% missed something. Feel free to point out these mistakes if made. If I haven’t finished this when you read this - I will finish it later, sorry…

For now, I think it’s finished, except I misremembered or misinterpreted something. Also, a lot of ETs are still yet to be included. Enjoy!

7 Likes

For Rendezvous in Rotterdam, I believe the incriminating photos were of the mayor of Rotterdam.

In the briefing for You Better Watch Out, I remember reading it was an aide to Bingham’s father.

1 Like

I thought they were photos of the Mayor of Rotterdam?

Watch Out is correct since the game heavily implies Bingham Sr had his son and Larry Hefner killed.

I said mayor, what are you smoking?

No Contracts and the Blood Money imply the US government had them killed because Delahunt couldn’t be removed from office conventionally and doing that wouldn’t stop the child trafficking ring…

The post is clearly unedited and it clearly says police officer. I swear you can be worse than me sometimes.

Cool thread!
@Pollisya_Hotel

To contribute… the Elusive Target “The Paparazzo”

The client for that hit was the girl from Bangkok— Jackie Carrington her name is…

Fun fact: She also use to date Ken “The Brick” Morgan

Also; in Death on the Mississippi, the client is no doubt Leblanc… she even can be heard saying “Finally” when she spots her dead husband… gotta be her for sure!

No I think they imply that certain US government officials hired 47 to kill him as it was the only way they could remove him from office and stop the trafficking ring.

The mafia is behind Flatline since all targets appeared to have been mafiosi on the run and I assume their respective bosses put hits on them the moment they dropped off the grid.

Neither contracts are linked by anything more than geography since Sinistra was the head of his own cartel and I think a newsapaper implies a Cuban official hired 47 to kill Vinnie to bury any links the person had to the Sinistra Cartel.

But we all know a secret union of Clara, Agent Smith and Victoria are secretly the ones placing the contracts.

1 Like

Read it again.

Boy.

Boy? I am older than you!

1 Like

Then act your age and read the post again, boy!

I did and I also remember what it originally said.

You know some countries consider gaslighting to be abuse…

1 Like

You’re definitely high or something. I never said “police officer”.

Yes, so why are you doing it to me?

The Showstopper: MI6 hired the ICA to eliminate Viktor Novikov and Dalia Margolis to prevent a confidential MI6 NOC list from being leaked out.

World of Tomorrow: An Ether shareholder wanted to prevent the virus from being unleashed on the world and hired the ICA to eliminate Silvio Caruso and Francesca De Santis.

A Gilded Cage: Construction company Hamilton-Lowe hired the ICA to eliminate General Zaydan and Claus Hugo Strandberg to preserve lucrative building contracts with the Moroccan government which would be cancelled if coup d’etat was successful.

Club 27: Hannah Highmoore’s parents want revenge on Jordan Cross and Ken Morgan of their daughter and subsequent coverup.

The Icon: L’Avventura Pictures, contractually unable to fire him, has hired the ICA to eliminate Dino Bosco before he runs out their funding with his reshoots.

A House Built on Sand: Hamilton-Lowe put hits out on Matthieu Mendola and Kong Two-Kwang to prevent Mendola from leaking out confidential Hamilton-Lowe documents to Kong.

Landslide: Silvio Caruso, either out of revenge for his past bullying or to protect his town from a snake, put the hit out on Marco Abiatti.

The Last Yardbird: Aleksander Kovac wants to eliminate his old friends Dorian Lang, Guillaume Maison and Doris Lee, as well as their bodyguards for some reason, so that he could retrieve the loot he hid together with them years ago.

The Pen and the Sword: Unknown, but most likely an American official or military leader who cannot bear his country losing face put forward the contract on Colonel Jin Noo, Captain Lhom Kwai and Captain Re Thak, as well as the Heavenly Guard soldiers.

Crime and Punishment: Unknown, but likely a Russian mobster or politician wants Roman Khabko and Vitaly Reznikov dead, along with the Siberian Tigers.

A Silver Tongue/A Bitter Pill: Unknown, likely a victim of their scam wanted Ajit Krish and Galen Vholes dead.

Patient Zero: “Locksley” has heard of the death cult Liberation’s plans to spread a deadly virus over the globe and put a hit on all of them to put an end to their plans.

The Sarajevo Six: Taheji Koyama decided to atone for his war crimes by placing contracts on his fellow SS members and finally, himself.

Embrace Of The Serpent: Unknown, likely an environmental agency or celebrity activist placed the hit on Blair Reddington

Illusions Of Grandeur: A past victim of Basil Carnaby seeks his revenge.

All the other non-ET contracts were either directly placed by the ICA, Providence or the Shadow Client.

9 Likes

I could be wrong, but I believe Rotterdam was the chief of police? I would need to fire the game up to make absolutely sure

Here is what the Wiki says:
Rutgert Van Leuven has obtained some incriminating photographs of the mayor of Rotterdam which he auctions on the black market, accepting a bid from a journalist.

And another snippet*:
One of the mission objectives is to eliminate him, as the client the Mayor believes he has failed.

*The person who wrote this left this without a reference or citation. In fact the wiki doesn’t seem to have a policy on citations.

1 Like

It’s also what I said, and I am always right.

2 Likes

You know who else makes up facts, never admits when he is wrong and bullies people who try to correct him or tell him otherwise? Donald Trump, you are behaving like Trump.

1 Like

Was bugging me, so I had to see if I remembered correctly lol So basically, both answers would be at least somewhat correct. The chief of police, now a mayoral candidate.

2 Likes

Ah so we are both correct and Sean is wrong. This result makes me happy.