Why is IOI refusing to use the Hitman Logo?

By this logic every corporation should remove its brand right? They should sale phones and computers with out a logo. Apple should ditch their famous logo because IT’S 2018 PEOPLE.
In every store from now on they should put their products blank, with no brand, just a writing that says what you’re buying because it’s 2018 right?

I hold no position either way on this, but I do think you’re going in to hyperbole here.

That said, Apple HAS changed it’s logo design, multiple times:

I don’t think anyone is claiming to strip everything out. Folks are just saying that things change, just like the logo, just like Apple has with their branding.

Again, I don’t really care either way, but just wanted to comment.

It changes yes, same as the Hitman Logo, but it was the same shape.

You can’t transform a symbol into a barcode.

It changes yes, same as the Hitman Logo, but it was the same shape.

You can’t transform a symbol into a barcode.

Why not? Since we’re talking about branding, corporations / products / etc. have done this for years. Again, look at the Apple example. Look at their original logo design - completely and totally different than how it is today.

You may not be happy with the changes that IOI have done, but you’re use of the word “can’t” is completely wrong. Yes, they can, other companies have done it, and other folks will continue to do it. You may not like it, but it’s not a question of “can or cannot.”

Again, I don’t really care either way, but things change.

I don’t know man. I tough this forum is for the hardcore fans but seeing people don’t care for things like this disappoints me.
Maybe it’s me who knows, but personally the presence of the logo is important as much as 47.
People here don’t mind they removed a personal symbol that represents him but becomes mad when
"47 hands are too feminine".

At this point play the game with a stick figure and enjoy it. When I play I like to admire 47’s looks, the way he moves, the brutality he use to kill and stare on his equipment marked with the symbol. Not to mention enjoying the story (if season 1 had one) and think about it over and over again after I finished the game.

Then no one should had complained when they changed Bateson. And yet everyone made a huge mess about it.
Did you accept they wanted to change David Bateson and moved on? Did you? Did any of you?

hardcore fans are all different people. some people care about the logo, some people don’t. the people who say 47’s hands are feminine can’t be tied to the same people who really care about the logo. different hardcore fans can be “hardcore” about different things in the series. i think everybody loves 47’s character, and implying that the people who don’t care about the logo are the same people who wouldn’t mind being stick-figure 47 is an uninformed statement.

Then no one should had complained when they changed Bateson. And yet everyone made a huge mess about it.
Did you accept they wanted to change David Bateson and moved on? Did you? Did any of you?

You’re asking 2 different questions:

• Do you as a player like the changes that IOI has made?
  • Can and does IOI have the right to make changes to their brand?

To your question on Bateson, no, I wouldn’t have liked it if Bateson moves on. That’s my personal opinion. In terms of framing your point on my 2nd question, yes, IOI absolutely can make those changes if they thought it was best for the brand.

Briefcase is in H2, Blackballer’s always been on the game m8 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There’s a difference between removing the logo and changing 47’s voice. His voice is more important than the logo.

come on lol. it’s a logo not a voice actor.

The voice actor represents the character the same way the logo does.
Let’s keep Bateson voice but use Agent Smith instead of 47. Sounds good?

@w00master and this is my personal opinion. I don’t like that they removed the symbol from 47 items and I’m pointing out how every game had it on everything.

@w00master and this is my personal opinion. I don’t like that they removed the symbol from 47 items and I’m pointing out how every game had it on everything.

I get that. I was commenting on your line of thoughts on companies and change of brand. I don’t dispute your opinion.

It’s just an example.

My point is: IO should not remove a thing that has been going since day 1 from the first game.
Season one has great missions. I only dislike this game for the absence of the real trademarked weapons and personal objects.
They should bring the symbol back! And they should use it again how it was used on all their previous game.
They want to change the design of things? Fine. But from a point of view of a fan this is a stupid decision.

I love Hitman, I love the franchise, I am going to keep buying every limited edition of every game to come.
But I find their new approach and removal of the symbol and weapons to be a bad decision.

tbh we’ll get nowhere with this arguement :stuck_out_tongue: i don’t think the logo represents 47 as strongly as Bateson does. which is why i’m fine with it being less represented. you think they both represent 47 equally, i don’t. and that’s just how it is.

That new code would actually be cool for a new assassin. Like Providence makes a clone to compete with 47. But like it’s a cliche ending where 47 wins because the tricks from the past out weigh the new yadda yadda something like that…

Well, the symbol is still very much in use by IO-I -They’ve used it in pretty much all of the official merchandise for both HITMAN™ & HITMAN™ 2…

So I don’t think they’ve abandoned it completely, it still plays a big part in 47’s and the franchise’s 18 yr identity, but I do agree it would be nice to actually see more of it in game. It’s not outdated, it’s an iconic part of the series, just needs to be integrated better into the new game in a stylish way that compliments the new vibe. Easily done if you have a good art design team.

The hitman logo was my second tattoo back 14years ago. (After my also from hitman barcode tattoo) and I still love the logo. As mentioned above you can still see it in alot of hitmanthings. I would also like to see it more ingame but its not really a gamebreaker for me if it is not. It would be very nice to have it on his new briefcase tho. (It is indeed on the special edition case)

How about this? Everytime 47 kills someone the Logo flashes on the screen in a bright sunburst flash, time stops for a second giving time for the player to give a victorious fist pump! :sunglasses: Hell Yeah!

The logo is nice. Always loved it. But as @Jarbinger said earlier time has changed and it would be wrong to see a huge logo plastered all over the suitcases etc.

But I do like the logo though and I don’t think it should vanish entirely from Hitman at all. But it should exist more subtle. Here is an example: Let’s say we have the brand ‘Ralph Lauren’. We all know the polo shirts where the logo fills the whole shirts, but then we have other models where the logo is just a tiny logo not explicit flashing itself like the other. In context of Hitman/47 it would be stupid to flash all your accessories with that logo because 1) that would be unprofessional and lead the traces all back to 47/ICA (like in Home Alone when Marv and Harry leaves the water running in the kitchen sink at all houses in the neighborhood which traces the police back to them) and 2) that would be unaesthetically today, really.

Honestly, a religious cross in place of the “t” in Hitman would be a better logo than this wacky ninja star you guys are fetishizing to. Of all the things to be complaining about, smh.

No, it really does not.

Voice actor creates recognition by familiarity with the voice (associating it with the character) and brings with them a particular interpretation of the character an the dialog.

A logo is an arbitrary symbol used for branding.