Hi, Hitman Forum! First time posting here because I have a project of mine I’d like to share.
If you’re an obsessive Hitman 2016 / 2 player like me, you’ve probably enjoyed several hours of fun with Hitman Roulette, either from Kotti (https://thekotti.github.io/hitman.html) or Hitmaps (https://roulette.hitmaps.com/). I love both of these, but I felt that there were a few options and tweaks that I could try to add. I woke up a few days later, having made my own roulette. Here’s the breakdown:
Things the World of Assassination Roulette can do that they don’t:
- Has full roulette options for The Final Test and Nightcall (which Kotti’s randomizer doesn’t have) and Freeform Training (which neither have).
- Pick-and-choose between five different major kill condition types, additionally differentiating between items / weapons found in-level and items / weapons that are loadout-only . You can also choose from several levels of specificity for each type - such as guns by overall type, by type and loud/silenced, or by specific model name. Want kill conditions that are in-level guns only? Loadout explosives only? Generic accidents only? Just tweak the checkboxes to your heart’s content.
- Objective Roulette - Randomize the conditions for completing required mission objectives - the Virus in Sapienza, the Data in New York, the Constant in Sgail, and even the Clues in Whittleton Creek. This can be turned off if you want to just keep the roulette to the targets.
- Nonlethal weapons are added to the options! This will add kill conditions that say, “Kill (Target) after pacifying them with (Nonlethal melee weapon).” Finally, you can get some real use out of the Crystal Ball / Violin / etc. or those cool-looking rare nonlethal weapons like the Khatvanga or the Imperial Filigree Eggs.
- A “Sniper Assassinations” option for when you want to sometimes use sniper rifles even if otherwise you select in-level conditions.
- Agency Pickup Roulette, which randomizes the location of your Agency Pickup (if you’re using one).
- Has a “Trim Down Melee Weapons” option to limit in-level killing tools to some of the more interesting options (instead of getting Screwdriver or Kitchen Knife again and again…)
- An option to warn you about insanely difficult in-level accident kills that require you to drag a target across the map, such as killing Reza Zaydan with electricity or killing Sierra Knox by drowning or killing Nolan Cassidy by pushing him off a ledge. (Trust me, it’s harder than you think it is.)
- Pick-and-choose from various disguise condition types, including suit only, guard only, cook only, or any combination of these and others.
- Loose Disguise Only mode, where the roulette will only specify disguise conditions that can be found without pacifying or killing anyone - perfect if you want a no pacifications / no civilian kills roulette run.
- Turn Start / Exit randomization on or off.
- Choose starts by All Starts, Suit Starts Only, or Undercover Starts Only.
- Option to require a disguise for when you exit the mission.
- An easy “Advance to Next Mission” button that moves you along through the campaign.
- A scorecard to tally up your points over an entire campaign (if you’re an absolute dork like me).
- An option to display Wazir Kale as either himself or the Maelstrom (because, clearly, that’s important to me for some reason).
Things the World of Assassination Roulette can’t do that they do:
- No roulette for most non-main campaign missions (No Special Assignments yet, but for my Patient Zero Roulette, check it out here: https://3facedjanus.github.io/patientzeroroulette.github.io/)
- No Contracts mode
- No Elusive Target conditions
- No randomized extra restrictions as seen in Kotti’s roulette
- No Tournament mode as seen in the Hitmaps roulette
- No popout window
- No support for Blood Money or any other game outside the World of Assassination games (Hitman 3 will be fully supported after it’s out).
If you want to give it a try, check it out here: https://3facedjanus.github.io/
Thanks for reading! Now I’ll leave you to prepare…