Xbox One Hitman GOTY Legacy Pack Not Available

I recently, like one week ago, purchased a brand new copy of Hitman Definitive Edition for Xbox one. I installed all of the content and redeemed the bonus code for the remaining content. I then learned there was a legacy pack for Hitman 2 so i bought the free prologue off the Xbox one store, and followed the instructions for the Hitman Physical edition off IOI site, so i launched Hitman 1 and get prompted i can get a free copy of the legacy content, it takes me to the microsoft store to purchase it but it says unavailable. Did i do something wrong? I am in Canada. The game is update as far as i know, i tried other regions, uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I don’t understand where i went wrong. Has anyone had any luck getting the legacy pack from owning the physical Definitive edition on Xbox one?

Clear it up. Did you buy the full HITMAN 2 game?
Did you buy the HITMAN 2016 game?

To play old maps in a new game you have to own the full HITMAN 2016 game. Free giveaways and demos doesn’t count as I see. You have to actually buy the HITMAN 2016 game first to have access to Legacy Pack in HITMAN 2. Or buy the upgrade for HITMAN 2

Isnt the Hitman Definitive Edition the full game of Hitman 2016? That is what they advertised on the box? I bought Hitman 2 Prologue like it said in the IOI post. Was that not enough as well?

Definitive Edition is good. But HITMAN 2 Prologue is not a full game. It’s just a small demo of it.
When you buy full HITMAN 2 game you will be eligible to redeem the GOTY Legacy Pack as you own the Definitive Edition of H1

No, he should be able to get the GOTY Legacy Pack without buying the full game. You just need the “Demo” of HITMAN 2 (which is the prologue of Season 1) and you should be able to get the pack for free through Season 1.

Edit: The game just updated, so maybe there’s some weird store licence changes going on. Look for the HITMAN 2 Starter Pack. It’s some new promotion that will give you access to HITMAN 2’s first mission. Perhaps the Free Legacy Pack needs confirmation from that…

Strange. The puzzle is broken in my head now :slight_smile:
Ok. If you’re right, I wash my hands

Yup. That’s how it should work. That’s how it always worked.

That’s why HITMAN: The Complete First Season was a PS Plus game. It was a sneaky marketing tactic to get people to get the first season, get the remastered versions for free using the H2 Prologue demo, and then hopefully be appealing enough to buy the full game of Hitman 2.
In practically any PS+ thread on the internet about Hitman Season 1, you’ll find many people urging others to get the free Season 1 pack then download the updated missions/mechanics to Hitman 2’s free ICA Prologue levels.

I just got the Hitman 2 update and the new starter pack, maybe they will update the redeem instructions for Xbox players because I have the Full Hitman 2016 game and GOTY stuff i can see it downloaded but when i go to the Microsoft store from being redirected in Hitman 2016 it just says unavailable with no way to purchase it.

You say you followed these steps on the Legacy FAQ?

On Xbox One Disc (both Complete First Season and Definitive Edition):

• Ensure that you have all of the content from the disc installed onto your console and downloaded the latest game update for H1, released on November 8th.
  • Ensure that you have redeemed and installed the Bonus Episode via the voucher code that was included in the box.
  • Ensure that you have the free “HITMAN 2 – Prologue” registered to your account. (You only need to ‘get’ this item, not have it downloaded or installed.)
    • For clarity on the above step, simply installing all of the H2 content doesn’t necessarily meet this requirement. Even if you can see that “HITMAN 2 – Prologue” is installed on your console, you still need to ALSO search the store for “HITMAN 2 – Prologue” and ‘get’ it.
  • Launch H1 and follow the prompts in the H1 in-game store to redeem and download your Legacy Pack.
  • When the Legacy Pack has installed, it will be playable within HITMAN 2 only.

NOTE: In the case that you own the disc version of the game and then purchased the digital GOTY Edition or GOTY Upgrade, we recommend that you install all of the content from the disc onto your console and also ensure that you have the GOTY content installed.

Yes those are the steps i followed

Okay. Gonna need some possible help from the manager.
@Travis_IOI we got some problems on the Xbox store. Legacy Pack isn’t being awarded to a Definitive owner.

Can i ask you to double check all the steps, especially the one with clarification on needing to ‘get’ the “HITMAN 2 - Prologue” item.

Hi Travis, thank you for responding, I have triple checked each step. All the content installs from the disc and rest of bonus pack is downloaded with no updates available. I double checked owning hitman 2 prologue and all it says in install now and no longer says get so I assume it must be linked to my Xbox account. After doing all these should it unlock it from the store?

My Hitman 1 Game Verizon is 1.14.3, can anyone confirm that is the latest version of the game? As well I like I said I went over every step but the Microsoft store says the content is unavailable. I recently installed the new Hitman 2 Starter pack so that is registered to my account as well. I am still lost as to where I am going wrong?

I have the same issue as Jasper.

But this is the Hitman Steelbook Edition for Xbox One. The Complete First Season. Every single episode has been installed - including the bonus mission. I have ‘gotten’ the Hitman 2 Prologue/Starter Pack and it is installed. Hitman 2 and every episode installed as well.

Even though I access Microsoft Store and the Hitman Legacy Pack through the first Hitman (2016) it says the Legacy Pack content is unavailable…

I have the same problem as several people in this forum (and elsewhere online).
I own the physical edition of Hitman 2 Gold as well as the Definitive Edition of the first Game, both on Xbox One. So far I have not find any way to get the legacy pack.

I tried reinstalling both games several times now (each time redownloading updates), making sure every item is installed correctly, also downloading the Prologue and later the Starter Pack, searching for the legacy pack in the MIcrosoft store and trying to access the Microsoft store through both Hitman 1 and 2 without any success. Each time I get a message that Hitman Legacy pack ‘is currently unavailable’. Sometimes I am able to buy the legacy pack, but it is never free.

This is a shame and I would be happy to find a solution as I rebought Hitman 1 after owning it on another platform already because I wanted to be able to replay the first seasons maps in 2.

Try this

On Xbox One Disc (both Complete First Season and Definitive Edition):

• Ensure that you have all of the content from the disc installed onto your console and downloaded the latest game update for H1, released on November 8th 2018.
  • Ensure that you have redeemed and installed the Bonus Episode via the voucher code that was included in the box.
  • Ensure that you have the free “HITMAN 2 – Starter Pack” registered to your account. (You only need to ‘get’ this item, not have it downloaded or installed.)
    • For clarity on the above step, simply installing all of the H2 content from your disc doesn’t necessarily meet this requirement. Even if you can see that “HITMAN 2 – Starter Pack” is installed on your console, you still need to ALSO search the store for “HITMAN 2 – Starter Pack” and ‘get’ it.
  • Launch H1 and follow the prompts in the H1 in-game store to redeem and download your Legacy Pack.
  • When the Legacy Pack has installed, it will be playable within HITMAN 2 only.

Source

If that didn’t work then

Screenshot_20190105-204504

Ofcourse since the Prologue isn’t available anymore you’d have to do it with the free starter pack

Thank you.
Unfortunately I already followed the official steps a few times without success. (The same solutions keep been posted online but they don’t work for many people I encountered)

As for using another account, I did that too with an older Live Account I don’t use anymore with the same results as my main account. (Legacy pack currently unavailable)

Anyway I think using another account isn’t a very good workaround as I think many people me included would prefer to have the Legacy Pack associated to their main Xbox Live account for future use if I understand this well. (In case their Xbox needs to be replaced or the game has to be reinstalled in the future without the hassle of juggling more Logins and Accounts).

What I mean is that it would be nice if the unlock would just work the way it was supposed to (and is advertised in the games). In a way my decision to rebuy the Definitive Edition was influenced by the possibility of importing the content in the second game.

I am having the same issue as Jasper, LordGuardian and Skyfish. I’ve been installing, reinstalling and trying every possible workaround I can think of to no avail. Like Skyfish, I am using the Complete First Season steelbook of the game for Xbox. If necessary, I have pictures as proof that I have followed all of the steps correctly. Between the steelbook and Hitman 2 I’ve sunk about $100 into this and am really hoping I don’t need to buy the GOTY Legacy Pack just to get this to work.

What Yourownavarice said!

Really hope I don’t need to buy again. Pictures as proof and Gamertag with 69/69 achievements unlocked. Couldn’t have happened otherwise :slight_smile: