Xbox smartglass

Does anyone know why it’s possible to download and install the Xbox 360 SmartGlass app when that app was shut down two years ago?

More relevant, do any of the “Xbox Console Companion”, “Xbox Game Bar” and “Xbox One SmartGlass” apps do anything of any use? I mean, seriously, rather than “you should have bought a Playstation”!!

The original smart glass did for Xbox one, not anymore though since the new release of it made the features used for it obsolete especially for games like DR3

1 Like

I don’t know what any of those apps are but the basic xbox app does everything I’d expect it to

1 Like

I still have the 360 Smartglass app on an iPhone 4S. Unfortunately, the servers for the app are closed and I couldn’t log into my account.
Edit: on iPhone the app is 32bit, and not available in the App Store, only in your purchase history. It won’t download on newer iOS devices in this case (or open if you still have it on an updated device). I cannot comment about Android devices.

As for the Xbox One app, I never used it for the bit of Dead Rising 3 I played, and don’t think I had another game that used it. But with the updates over the years, I assumed any companion functionality was phased out.

1 Like

The console companion is basically the mobile app but for PC. You’re able to join parties, watch and save clips and you can also stream games from your console.
Xbox Game Bar is an overlay for PC games (but you can use it over any application) that let’s you record gameplay, take screenshots, stream to mixer and I think now you’re also able to join parties and send messages.
Smartglass was the app you’d connect to your Xbox while somebody else was playing to mess with them by making them walk in random directions.

1 Like