Xbox Update Issue

This isn’t strictly a problem about the game, more-so the installation process, but I couldn’t think of somewhere else to post this at the moment.

With the recent update, it got up to 46%, then simply refused to go any further, saying I should just wait. When I chose to cancel the update, the entire game got deleted from my Xbox. So, after 2 and a half hours of re-installing the game, I again try to install the update, but instead of doing that, it is re-installing the entire almost 52GB game AGAIN, even though it just did that and shows that on my recently installed list. What I wanna know is what is it actually doing at the moment? What is it downloading and will it actually update the game in about 3 hours time? I don’t think my internal storage can handle having 2 Hitman 3’s on, it could barely handle Hitman 2.

Update: Now the installation has stopped after about 10% and refuses to do anything.
Update: So I’ve tried moving the stuff to an external storage drive, and all the add-ons and acess passes and stuff are fine, but it’s just the base game itself that refuses to install past 10.2%, so there is almost definitely something wrong with my console, not a connection error or something like that.

1 Like

This may not help, but when I have installation issues with other games (most notably Warframe mainline updates), a hard reboot usually gets things moving again.

You probably know how, but just in case:
Hold down the power button on your console until it shuts down completely. Unplug the power lead, wait for 10-20 seconds, plug it back in, then turn the console back on using its power button, not by using your controller.

Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try that. The problem I have is why it’s installing so much in the first place. It’s saying that this update is 51.88GB, which is clearly wrong, and I can’t figure out where it’s getting that figure from when the game itself is 71 gigs.