Yes or No...? 2

Re: cremation.

Some people request that their ashes be scattered (like on an old farm where they grew up, or w/e), or some are left in the urn, or a box, and their “remains” can be buried with a tombstone.

2 Likes

Soylent Green is much more economical.

… uh did you guys know the movie is set in 2022? Just in case you think the year could not get worse. :grimacing:

5 Likes

If be fine with that, so long as conservatives are first into the processor. I’d be happy to eat those particular biscuits.

With cremation, I’d have my “ashes” (it’s really pulverized bone powder) poured into a special bag designed to burst open at a certain threshold of low pressure and have that bag tied to a helium balloon that would be released into the sky (the balloon would probably have something like “Fuck Y’all!” written on it), so that once it reached the highest levels of the atmosphere that a balloon can go, the sealed bag would break and release my ashes in the highest reasonable altitude that each individual grain could be carried by air currents every which way and spread as wide and far as possible on their slow decent back to Earth, ensuring my remains will cover as much of the planet’s surface as they can. Hell, some people might even breath me in. I’d be a geological layer around the Earth so infinitesimal, any intelligent geologists millions of years from now won’t even be able to spot me. I’ll be everywhere!

4 Likes

It’s a little disturbing how much thought you put into this. :grimacing:

1 Like

I don’t have the handle of an evil genius for nothing. And if there’s one talent I can say to have, if you’ll pardon my immodesty, it’s creativity on subjects I’m interested in.

Can confirm I feel much more comfortable watching Horror instead of playing it, 100%.

Been watching a Markiplier playthrough of Prey 2017 recently, because the main game is just too spooky AF for me.
He takes the time to read every lore note he can find which also really adds to the worldbuilding mystique. I’m way more invested than I expected I would.

Other genres are RPGs, so far mostly JRPGs. Could not make it through Persona 3 myself so I watched a brief walkthrough of where I stopped.

For Other, it’s just games that are too old, that my modern sensibilities can’t adapt to. Obtuse controls, complex systems/menus, QoL additions in modern games that I have become accustomed to.
I played through under half of each MGS 1, 2, and 3, before I had to resort to watching the rest online. I just couldn’t click with it’s gameplay.

2 Likes

“Here lies XX, he still has nothing better to do”
“Here lies XX, if you need me I will be right here”
“Here lies XX, if anything my sleep has improved now”

5 Likes

Feels like this would be @Norseman’s massage, although he might change it to “FUCK BLOOD MONEY!” :wink:

2 Likes

Scrolled through my playlist and tinkered even more shit:

“What you know about rolling down in the deep”
“Never mind you’ll find someone like me”

Queen references
“I want to break free”
“Keep yourself alive”
“Look around, but you won’t see me, now I’m here”

Or some Persian shit
“تف تو قلم خامی که وسط کویر میده خبر باغ”
“ایمان قوی تو بلاد کفره”
“!بندر هم یه درد مشکیه واسه ی مغروقی که بی کشتی است ماریان”
“دریغا سهم من از عشق، قفس با حجم کوچک بود”
“فکر کن نون ملتو آجر بکنی و واسه ساختن مسجد بری آجر دزدی”

3 Likes

6 Likes

If the Matrix robots rebelled sometime close to the 23rd century then why does their simulation look like the Late 90s/Early 2000s?

And yes this is my biggest take away from this graph .

2 Likes

That’s explained in the movie by The Architect, if I remember correctly. According to him, the early 2000s, was when humans were at their most prosperous/happiest.

2 Likes

Ultimate nerd logic, that things were always better two decades before hitting adulthood.

3 Likes

I don’t know… Believe me, I’m usually the first to rail against nostalgia (along with organized religion and party politics, I think it’s one of the three worst things we humans have inflicted upon ourselves) BUT…

I still can’t help but feel like the idea of the late 90s/early 2000s feels better than the direction the world has gone in the two decades since. :man_shrugging:

It’s certainly elements of nostalgia creeping into my worldview (try as I might to fight them) but it’s definitely felt like we’ve been in the worst timeline for quite some time now…

3 Likes

Jimmy. Chuck is an asshole, and he was trying to sabotage Jimmy for reasons that were entirely out of pettiness and bitterness, but everything he said turned out to be entirely true.

Also one is a lawyer for the cartel, the other is, well, not.

2 Likes

Jimmy, because despite his good intentions, he ultimately sold his soul, even if he still had limits on how far he’d go. Chuck, on the other hand, was petty and resentful toward his brother, but that was it. He was not only a fantastic lawyer, but he actually stayed within and followed the law, never stepped into criminality, and even some of his more assholish tendencies toward the end could be chalked up to his steadily worsening and undiagnosed mental illness. Put me in a situation with either of them, Chuck is by far the safer bet.

1 Like

If you committed a crime Jimmy would probably be your guy though.

For more preferable results, sure… so long as it went like it was meant to and nobody ever caught on. If there’s a screwup though, it would be even worse. Chuck is better when staying out of further trouble, both with the law and the underground.

I AM NOT CRAZY! (Beat) I am not crazy! I know he swapped those numbers, I knew it was 1216 — one after Magna Carta, as if I could ever make such a mistake! Never, never! I just-I just couldn’t prove it! H-H-He covered his tracks, he got that idiot at the copy shop to lie for him! You think this is something, you think this is bad, this, this chicanery? He’s done worse. That billboard! Are you telling me that a man just happens to fall like that? No, he orchestrated it! Jimmy! He defecated through a sunroof! And I saved him! I shouldn’t have, I took him into my own firm! What was I thinking?! He’ll never change. He’ll never change, ever since he was 9, always the same. Couldn’t keep his hands out of the cash drawer. “But not our Jimmy, couldn’t be precious Jimmy!” Stealing them blind! And HE gets to be a LAWYER?! WHAT A SICK JOKE! I should have stopped him when I had the chance! And you, you have to stop him, you— I apologize. I lost my train of thought… got carried away. Do you have anything else?

4 Likes

Jimmy still beats him with that rant he gave Howard at the end of season 5.

1 Like