With Hitman 3 out in four and a half months, and my hype for the game slowly building as IOI teases Hitman 3, I wanted to talk about what I will be doing in preparation for the game’s release, and also if anyone here will be doing their own things on the road to Hitman 3.
For me, with Hitman 3 being the conclusion of the World of Assassination, I want to go back into Hitman 2 and replay the current 16 maps we have. The most obvious reason being to get all the items I have not unlocked, especially quite a few from the Hitman 1 maps that I just couldn’t be bothered to grind again. Another is that I do want to get Silent Assassin rating on all maps on the hard difficulty, something that I have done on maps like Sapienza, Hokkaido, Mumbai, and Whittleton Creek, but not on half the others.
But I think my biggest reason is that I want to go back and try to appreciate each level. To me, half of Hitman 1’s maps havn’t aged very well. The Yacht, Marrakesh, Bangkok, and Colorado are all very flawed, and once we got H2’s selection, I havn’t felt much need to ever return to them. I want to return to each map, do a run from the default start location, and try to see the good of each map.
That and while overall I did prefer Hitman 2 abandoning the episodic structure, it did mean I found it a bit harder to get to grips with each H2 map. Miami and Santa Fortuna I don’t know half as well as any H1 map, and Isle of Sgail and especially Haven are levels that still feel very alien to me. Whittleton Creek and the Bank were levels I got into far more in-depth because they were far less intimidating in size. (I have the feeling when H3 comes out, Dartmoor is going to my first true map, due it not being too huge and probably having limited NPC numbers.)
So yeah, while I don’t intend to do this all of this immedietly, but rather in a leisurely way as Hitman 3 approachs, my goals are:
- To do a full runthrough of each map from the default start area, like a first time player.
- To achieve Silent Assassin on the hard difficulty on every map
- To better familarise myself with Miami, Santa Fortuna, Isle of Sgail, and Haven.
- To unlock all items (well, maybe aside from any that require me to do something very gimmicky. Looking at your Bangkok coin fountain.)
- To gain a better appreciation of the levels of Hitman 1 and 2 in time for the release of Hitman 3.