The Workout Thread - Fitter, Faster, Stronger

Removing bred is the best chiose and you should see the results quite quick. Keep it up and remember to drink at least 2,5 or 3L of water a day. Meaning you have to piss a lot :joy:
Now I’m good to give advice but not follow my own. I think I can barely reach 2L a day.

3 Likes

It’s so hard to constantly drink water. Aircrew is supposed to drink even more bc the pressurised cabins have less moisture in the air. Basically we all have to pee nonstop or were dehydrated bc we don’t drink enough.

It always happens this way too…. You drink a lot. You have to pee really bad so you go as soon as you land. Then you walk off the plane and the drug test lady is there calling your name and now you can’t pee bc you just did :joy:

Thanks for the encouragement. I’m still doing really good. Maybe soon I’ll add some weights, but for now I’m just trying to get my cardio fitness up and my waist line down. I know hitting the weights will help with that too. Just need to take the plunge and go for a weight lift workout and deal with the soreness. Your arms are looking really solid! You keep it up too.

6 Likes

Just had a great workout. Although I was drinking a little bit too much yesterday I felt great today, managed to put more weight on two excercises. Nice start to the weekend!
Really starting to see some progress lately. I’m not doing this to lose weight or gain a lot of muscle. Just had a feeling I need some more strength because I’ve always had back pain.

2 Likes

I finally did a weight session 48 hours ago. I got on the elliptical for 40 min and then when I was done the place was totally empty so I figured it was as good a day as any to putts around and re-figure out how to sling some weights around.

I did low weight high rep.
Bench press 4x20 at 45lbs, 65, 65, and 75 lbs.
Military press 4x20 at 20 lbs (10 lb dumbbell each hand)
Curls with an easy bar, 4x20 at 30lbs
Tricep rope pull-down 4x20 at 40, 40, 50 & 50 lbs

DOMS is real and in full swing today and I also look ridiculous with my imaginary lat syndrome walking around as if I think I’m a big tough guy, but it felt good to get back to some resistance training.

3 Likes

204 down to 180.4 in 68 days. I have been telling myself I get a deep dish pizza cheat day when I get to 179 and change. That will likely be tomorrow, but I’ll probably hold off till Sat or Sun for my little reward.

11 Likes

Congrats man, that’s awesome work!!!

I haven’t seen the gym in 6 months, but wanna get back to exercising at the end of the month when I get back to Tokyo. Got pretty much the same starting and goal weight as you, so hopefully I’ll get motivated by your success. Do enjoy your reward dish!

4 Likes

FINALLY pulled a (1x)100kg deadlift today. I think this’ll be my max and I will not go heavier. The risk is bigger than the reward at this point. Now I’ll focus on reps instead of weight. (So 8x80kg, 3 sets instead, for ex). My next goal will be 100kg squat. Im currently at 80.

5 Likes

Deadlifts are made to go heavy. Actually in my experience I grown bigger pushing harder so don’t worry to try and lift more as long as you keep your back straight.

2 Likes

Perhaps. Mind you it took me about 5 months to go from 95 to 100. My back is sore as a mf from this PR I pulled. The reason I might struggle with it is the fact that Im a pretty thin guy (65kg bodyweight) and I only do deadlifts once a week max. I would go higher if I could progress quicker, but I aint. So ofcourse Im wondering if its worth the hassle and the risk.

2 Likes

I joined a gym at the beginning of the year to do weightlifting and light running. Since then I’ve lost 9 pounds and gained 3 pounds of muscle. Last week I went to visit a different office from my main office and a coworker said “man are you lifting weights?” Felt good and motivated me to keep lifting.

5 Likes

Got really bad pain in my lower back since about one week. Got some pain killers now and not going to work on weights. Just playing it safe. Doctor thinks it will going away on its own. Now I’m just doing some cardio and stretching.

2 Likes

Take a hot bath, helps to relax the muscles

4 Likes

I did. And using hot patches. Trying to relax the muscles as much as possible. But still moving them a bit.

2 Likes

Buy some anti inflammation cream. They do wonders. Apply 3 times a day and in about a week or 2 it should go away.
Yes, stretching also helps a lot but careful because sometimes they do more harm than good on a inflamed part.

4 Likes

I’ve got cream (my wife applies it two to three times a day), I’ve got pain pills and I stretch. Already feeling better, but I will still go slow at the moment. Probably not going back to my full program once I’ve recovered but steady building up.

4 Likes

A picture I made today.
In the last year I have achieved a lot of progress and still going very strong.
Now it’s time to get ripped but not because of my decision. During summer time at my workplace is so hot that it’s a constant sauna which makes me sweat a lot. Good side of it are very define abs even tho I eat very bad and especially a lot of carbs.
Volume of the muscles goes down as well but that is ok. During winter I get a lot more buff.
Currently I weight at 73kg

9 Likes

You could almost fly with those wings, excellent stuff man!

4 Likes

Mom said its my turn on the Xbox lmao

you look great tho :kissing_heart:

5 Likes

I heard that before many times :joy: thank you.

Sharing is caring

4 Likes

I bought an off peak gym membership and went to the 24 hour gym for the first time today. Pretty tiring, I definetly feel weak in certain parts. My legs aren’t straight, which I think contributes to getting sore quite quickly. Stuff like the treadmill is fine but stuff like the stairs machine and the rowboat I find start getting very sore quite quickly.

Currently, the only plan is just to get in the habit of going 3 times a week, Monday and Friday after work, Wednesday after my club, before setting any real goal.

5 Likes